Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Neighborhood Protection - No Vampires!

by Tanja1986 Posted 29th Jan 2017 at 1:25 AM - Updated 23rd Mar 2017 at 11:05 PM by Tanja1986

189 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 143 Feedback Posts, 45 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 8
Scholar
THANKS POST
#26 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 1:21 AM
Yes! I have master command. Maybe that guy will fry in the job and he won't get replaced. Thanks for thinking of the cause!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 4:28 PM
Thanks! The mod is awesome.

I have a question, though. Could you please do the same to remove completely the fake vampires (wannabes)?
Scholar
#28 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tanja1986
I've uploaded the wished for No Vampires for Forgotten Hollow. I deleted all Vampire scenarios, like vampires walking around, even the ones who live in Forgotten Hollow.

OMG Thank you a thousand times! This is exactly what I wanted, I only wanted the build items and the neighborhood and not the vampires and you have made my dreams come true.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 6:54 PM
I have a question...what happens if I had FH free vampire (your second flavor) to my game now?I already have your first upload. Will this erase all existing vampires in FH and everywhere, or will it just stops the game from creating new ones? Vlad got married to one of my sims(sim I am not playing, but made) They both live in FH...not that I care about Vlad, but what will happen to him if I add that second flavor?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Instructor
Original Poster
#30 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I have a question...what happens if I had FH free vampire (your second flavor) to my game now?I already have your first upload. Will this erase all existing vampires in FH and everywhere, or will it just stops the game from creating new ones? Vlad got married to one of my sims(sim I am not playing, but made) They both live in FH...not that I care about Vlad, but what will happen to him if I add that second flavor?

Nothing will happen to the vampires who live in Forgotten Hollow! These mods are just that they remove the chances for Vampires to walk around in the selected neighborhoods, it also gets rid of the ring doorbell scenario that was created for vampires.

PS. It will get rid of walking vampires, so you may not see Vlad running around anymore either..

I will check for a third flavor that combines everything + the fake wannabe vampires. But after that i really have to stop taking more requests, because I have very little time to enjoy the game myself and that's what I want to focus on now, So please be aware NO new requests! I will upload more mods as I see would be worth it

The Truth is out there!
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 7:51 PM
Will the vampires still live in Forgotten Hollow or will they all be gone?, with this mod? I never bought this yet as I do not want any Vampires anywhere, so is it really worth getting the Game Pack if I do not want vampires?
Mad Poster
#32 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 8:26 PM
Nothing will happen to the vampires who live in Forgotten Hollow! These mods are just that they remove the chances for Vampires to walk around in the selected neighborhoods, it also gets rid of the ring doorbell scenario that was created for vampires.

PS. It will get rid of walking vampires, so you may not see Vlad running around anymore either..

I will check for a third flavor that combines everything + the fake wannabe vampires. But after that i really have to stop taking more requests, because I have very little time to enjoy the game myself and that's what I want to focus on now, So please be aware NO new requests! I will upload more mods as I see would be worth it

I am not requesting anything by the way...but yes! go ahead and enjoy the game. After all this is why you got it.
If I understand well, your mods will just stop random apparition of vampires in a said hood. So no more vampires walkbys.

Instructor
Original Poster
#33 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MrsPuddleduck
Will the vampires still live in Forgotten Hollow or will they all be gone?, with this mod? I never bought this yet as I do not want any Vampires anywhere, so is it really worth getting the Game Pack if I do not want vampires?

Just one post above I already answered your question. In my opinion if your sims do not interact with the secret vampire entry to gain the vampire lore skill yo won't be visited by them regardless... Now I could be wrong since I created sims who were hungry for knowledge about vampires. But no the Vampires who live in FH will stay, but with my mod they won't appear on the streets, because the Forgotten Hollow neighborhood had also the vampires in the code that "live here" so I got rid of all vampires walkbys and doorbell scenarios, so your sims should be fine

The Truth is out there!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 2:47 AM
I just got Vampires and I was actually wondering if there was a mod like this. Haven't played it much yet, but favourited it so that if the vamps get annoying I can use this! Thanks so much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 8:41 AM
Thank you so much for this MoD because when you are doing games on your Sims a message to whole system up thank you for really making this month the content that comes with the game was great but he'll you don't want all those stupid vampire walking around you might as well have a vampire town. Sorry to all the vampires out there but enough is enough.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 8:43 AM
Answers for thank you very much because Bill stupid vampires take over everything and you can't play the game. And like someone said in the comments yes please update and take out the fake vampires that will be highly appreciate it thank you for your good work and patience when making mods.
Test Subject
#37 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 2:14 PM
thank you so much!! But I would like to have a mode just stop the game to create ampiers by it self - cause I like to play with them but just a view people. since i installed the new part i found many new vampiers maby at least i just have more vapiers than humans ;-)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#38 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 3:59 PM
Nice idea however i am happy having Vampires in other worlds
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 5:00 PM
I'm a bit confused reading the comments now. So if I have both mods, vampires will still be generated anyway? But they won't be at lots or anything so it's like they don't exist, right? Or is this mod for walkbys only and they can still show up at community lots? Can the game still generate a vampire bartender, for example?

I will check for a third flavor that combines everything + the fake wannabe vampires.

I will be so interested in this, just so you know. :p
Instructor
Original Poster
#40 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aninhas103
I'm a bit confused reading the comments now. So if I have both mods, vampires will still be generated anyway? But they won't be at lots or anything so it's like they don't exist, right? Or is this mod for walkbys only and they can still show up at community lots? Can the game still generate a vampire bartender, for example?

I will be so interested in this, just so you know. :p

Vampires will be generated for specific jobs (example: if you have the Vampire Nexus trait on your lots), that is what SimGuruNinja said in the forums. It gets rid of all the vampires who walk around at night throughout the neighborhoods. I am not sure if it also works for community lots. But it maybe a hard coded thing for the Vampire pack! I think once the MC Command Control mod gets updated to handle more vampire stuff you may turn them off with this. My mod is not a script mod so I simply got rid of all scenarios that would happen if vampires were around. Like standing in front of the door and ring, or the walkbys, which sometimes are many!

The Truth is out there!
Mad Poster
#41 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 2:01 AM
Just letting you know, hoping you've already noticed, your mod seems to have stopped working with today,s update. I hope I am wrong, but Vlad texted my sim and a few minutes later he was on her front porch, knocking at the door. The Vlad scenario came back...

Instructor
Original Poster
#42 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 6:52 AM
Just letting you know, hoping you've already noticed, your mod seems to have stopped working with today,s update. I hope I am wrong, but Vlad texted my sim and a few minutes later he was on her front porch, knocking at the door. The Vlad scenario came back...

The Vlad scenario is as far as I know hard scripted into the gameplay pack! This scenario is so to speak a tutorial to introduce vampires to your game! But you do not have to do anything with it. This mod is about the walkby scenarios! Meaning all the npc vampires who are generated by the game and walk around and stand in front of your door. I think kind of is an exception since he has the hard coded speech bubbles coming up once you start the game with a sim that was not YET introduced to vampires.

The Truth is out there!
Mad Poster
#43 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 9:10 AM
Ok..so your mod gets rid of all scenarios that would happen if vampires were around..except, Vlad..who is the only one that worries me. Oh well, I should have understood this from the start huh. Maybe it should be clearer.

Instructor
Original Poster
#44 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 8:41 PM
Ok..so your mod gets rid of all scenarios that would happen if vampires were around..except, Vlad..who is the only one that worries me. Oh well, I should have understood this from the start huh. Maybe it should be clearer.

The Vlad scenario only happens once, after that I never saw him again in any of my games. The first time you play any sim with the vampire pack installed this tutorial will be played through, then afterwards it's your turn. Do not add the Vampire Nexus trait to any lots, because this will create new vampires to appear in game. However with my mod they should be not visible, as if they are actually invisible. The mod also removes the walkbys from the vampires that live in Forgotten Hollow, that means you won't see them either on the streets of FH during the night.

The Truth is out there!
Mad Poster
#45 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 8:45 PM
That scenario came up twice in my new created game. having your mod in, i thought that was pretty weird. now, I lock my sim's front door when it is getting dark outside, and unlock it when she wakes up. trust me, i would not add any vampire lot trait to my lot, then come here and complain ..lol

Instructor
Original Poster
#46 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 9:16 PM
That scenario came up twice in my new created game. having your mod in, i thought that was pretty weird. now, I lock my sim's front door when it is getting dark outside, and unlock it when she wakes up. trust me, i would not add any vampire lot trait to my lot, then come here and complain ..lol

I just uploaded a new mod that gets rid of the triggered tutorials That means in combination with this mod here, there should be literally not traces of vampires anymore. Since the Vlad tutorial and initial home invasion are turned to false from Monday till Sunday!

You can find the mod here:
http://www.modthesims.info/download...89546&posted=1#

The Truth is out there!
Mad Poster
#47 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 9:27 PM
One thing I can say..you are quick!

Instructor
Original Poster
#48 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 10:22 PM
I've uploaded a new version on 02/03/2017 which includes all packages, Forgotten Hollow, other neighborhoods and eliminates the fake vampires as well! Please make sure to only use one version! This version, or the base + Forgotten Hollow, which do not touch fake vampires.

The Truth is out there!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 10:50 PM
i havent' bought yet the DLC because i didn't want to many vampires everywhere...Maybe now i will buy it , if your mod controls creatures, i don't appreciate to be invaded
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#50 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 10:50 AM
Exactly what I need, thank you!
Page 2 of 8