Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Auto-Pause Pregnancy v3

by scumbumbo Posted 13th Feb 2015 at 5:56 AM - Updated 19th Nov 2018 at 3:47 AM by scumbumbo : Version 3 Updated for Nov 13, 2018 Game Patch

97 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 67 Feedback Posts, 29 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Test Subject
#26 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 12:29 PM
So i'm not sure but do i unzip it or not?
Instructor
#27 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 6:43 PM
No. Just place it in your mods folder.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 10:56 PM
Thank you for this mod Scumbumbo. I use rotational gameplay which meant all pregnancies had to happen early in the week in order to not miss out on births

Question/request: Have you noticed that when you come back to a family after playing other families, the elders have continued to age? My life span is set to be as realistic as possible (about 80 days) but when I hover over an elder's age bar the older ones are now nearly 400 days old This obviously is just aesthetic and doesn't affect game play, but can it be fixed? Perhaps I am just being picky
Deceased
Original Poster
#29 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 3:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by verityjones
Have you noticed that when you come back to a family after playing other families, the elders have continued to age? My life span is set to be as realistic as possible (about 80 days) but when I hover over an elder's age bar the older ones are now nearly 400 days old

No, I've never noticed that (actually I think I did once and just shrugged it off, not 100% sure). I'm not sure why that should happen if you have aging on for the current family only. You say it's a cosmetic problem only, so I assume the elders keep living out a "normal" 80 day lifespan?
Test Subject
#30 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 9:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
You say it's a cosmetic problem only, so I assume the elders keep living out a "normal" 80 day lifespan?

Yes, that's correct. The age bar doesn't move and they don't die any earlier but the 'total days lived' seems to keep progressing while playing another household. Not truly a problem, just a minor annoyance
Test Subject
#31 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 5:39 PM
When I use this mod my sims don't clean his dishes. I order them to clean it , but they catch the plate and leave it after a few seconds without having been cleaned.
Deceased
Original Poster
#32 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Algero
When I use this mod my sims don't clean his dishes. I order them to clean it , but they catch the plate and leave it after a few seconds without having been cleaned.

Plate cleaning bugs (along with fridges and counters) seem to be rampant in the game and sometimes require using the repair game option in the Origin client to get them fixed. I've had to do this twice already. They're not caused by this mod, or any other mod that I know of.

But before resorting to that, it can help sometimes to clear your lot cache data from the game. This can fix all manner of odd behaviour after adding custom content of any kind. Also, bobdbg's Sitting Clean Up Action Fix is a MUST HAVE.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 11:47 PM
Oh my gosh I thought I was going nuts! Or had a corrupted game or a bad mod! I even posted this annoyance in the sims 4 bugs forum and they suggested file resets etc!! Thank you so much for this!
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 6:12 AM
I'm confused... If I have aging off, and want to save a pregnant sim for the GTW expansion, will this mod pause her pregnancy completely? The notification about labor is throwing me off.
Deceased
Original Poster
#35 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 7:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Daleylife
I'm confused... If I have aging off, and want to save a pregnant sim for the GTW expansion, will this mod pause her pregnancy completely? The notification about labor is throwing me off.

It doesn't pause it completely, it just pauses the actual birth until the next time you play that household.

So, for example, assume you have a new "day zero" pregnancy on a lot, and then switch to another lot to play. The pregnancy on the unplayed lot will continue normally up until it reaches the point where the sim would go into labor. At that point, the pregnancy is then paused and the baby(s) will not be born until you switch back to that lot.

When you do switch back to that lot, the pregnant sim will immediately go into labor.

If I recall when I was testing this, you should be able to use the Pregnancy Mega Mod even at that point to "rewind" the pregnancy back to an earlier trimester if you want to do that for some reason. That should work up until the actual birth itself (although the father will continue to go crazy thinking the mother is in labor for some time afterwards!)
Test Subject
#36 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 11:25 PM
Thank you so much for creating this mod but it isn't working for me. I wasn't sure if there was a conflict with other mods so I took out all other mods except this one and the pregnancy mega mod. I haven't received any alerts to let me know that my other sims are going into labor nor is the labor paused when I go back to another house. I have checked my game version and I didn't extract it from the zip file in the mods folder. I also checked to make sure I have the script mods checked in the game. I don't know what else to do. Please help!
Deceased
Original Poster
#37 Old 16th Mar 2015 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ksinclair878
Thank you so much for creating this mod but it isn't working for me.... Please help!

Not sure why it wouldn't be working for you as long as it's installed correctly. There should not be any conflicts, I don't know of any other mods that alter the scripting for the pregnancy updates (XML mods will not interefere at all). It does only operate if aging is turned off for other households (or turned off all together) and of course it only works on played households that you aren't currently playing - it doesn't do anything for NPC sims. And as I clarified earlier, it doesn't pause the pregnancy until the off-lot sim is about to go into labor. Then once you start that lot back up that sim will immediately continue with the labor.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 11:33 AM
Was working great when I turned off Sims last night just updated Origin and the game went in and all my Sims had had their babies, so don't update your game peeps !!
Deceased
Original Poster
#39 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tescoman
Was working great when I turned off Sims last night just updated Origin and the game went in and all my Sims had had their babies, so don't update your game peeps !!

Thanks for the report, I'll check on it. Probably won't be until the weekend, but that's close -- there's a whole mountain of mods that are affected by the latest patch, but since this is a script mod it will be easier to figure out what's gone wrong (hopefully).
Test Subject
#40 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
Thanks for the report, I'll check on it. Probably won't be until the weekend, but that's close -- there's a whole mountain of mods that are affected by the latest patch, but since this is a script mod it will be easier to figure out what's gone wrong (hopefully).

My game has gone rather mental today, the babies for everyone is not working either so it could be that or this one causing the babies to be born the minute they get pregnant, I have taken both out of the mod folder for the time being as I will end up over run with babies !!
Deceased
Original Poster
#41 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 2:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tescoman
My game has gone rather mental today, the babies for everyone is not working either so it could be that or this one causing the babies to be born the minute they get pregnant, I have taken both out of the mod folder for the time being as I will end up over run with babies !!

Haven't had time to check this one yet. We've got the XML from EA now, so there are some definitely broken mods that are in the queue to be fixed first before I start investigating this one. I'm pretty sure this mod won't cause any instant births, but it may cause other problems, so keeping it out until I give the thumbs up or get a fix out is probably wise
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 2:16 AM
ty
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 6:49 PM
Is this mod working with the most recent version of the game?
Deceased
Original Poster
#44 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lila92
Is this mod working with the most recent version of the game?

I haven't had any issues with it since the March 26 patch and I don't think anything major changed with the last one. I will check on it though and report back soon.
Deceased
Original Poster
#45 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 7:20 AM
Checked the new game scripts and there shouldn't be any changes required for the most recent patch.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 8:19 AM
Well, bummer. I've had this mod in my game for ages and finally loaded up the household where I thought a pregnancy was paused. But, nope... she had twins.
Deceased
Original Poster
#47 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 1:42 AM
Well, bummer. I've had this mod in my game for ages and finally loaded up the household where I thought a pregnancy was paused. But, nope... she had twins.

I'll check this in game to be sure, but in the meantime -- is it possible you changed your sim's aging options? The automatic birth is only skipped if the aging option for played sims is set to only allow aging for the current household, or turned off completely. Non-player controlled sims (NPCs and townies) will continue to have their pregnancies finish off normally.

Also - double-check that your script mods are enabled. Game patches from EA will usually turn off that option (silently for your "convenience.")
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 11:41 AM
I hadn't changed my aging settings. Aging is completely off. I did do a clean install of the game just a few days ago. So, script mods was disabled for a brief play period. But, even before this, I never did get a notification that a pregnancy was paused
Deceased
Original Poster
#49 Old 6th May 2015 at 7:44 AM
I hadn't changed my aging settings. Aging is completely off. I did do a clean install of the game just a few days ago. So, script mods was disabled for a brief play period. But, even before this, I never did get a notification that a pregnancy was paused

I'll admit I haven't had the chance to check on this yet. Everything looks like it should work with the latest (May 4) game patch, but I want to run some tests one day to see if you just encountered a glitch or if there's something happening somewhere else in the code that can cause a pregnancy to complete without intervention.
Test Subject
#50 Old 16th May 2015 at 5:44 PM Last edited by m_evergreen : 17th May 2015 at 12:22 AM. Reason: new information
I've downloaded this twice and can't get it to work, but this time I noticed the file I downloaded is a folder and not a zip file. I don't know why that is. I've tried zipping the folder in hopes that will make it work and will report back. Also, thanks for making this. I can't wait to get it working in my game!

I zipped it and now it works. Not sure why it wasn't zipped already. Thanks for the great mod!
Page 2 of 4