Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Sep 2011 at 8:20 PM Last edited by insane_in_charlie_shirt : 23rd Sep 2011 at 8:41 PM.
Default WCIF no taxis/carpools and cars mod
I trashed Twinbrook to be my zombie apocalypse town (Okay, vampire apocalypse, but it doesn't have as nice a ring to it) and have a few 'survivor' sims dotted about. and a bunch of already vampires.

I want roads, I think empty roads look great in this world, but when there are loads of taxis and cars around it doesn't work. There aren't many, but my sim has hopped in a taxi a few times, I've got to remember to get him to walk to location.

Is there a mod which can turn off carpools and free taxis? I'm guessing asking for a no cars whatsoever mod is to much, but if there is one all the better.

not indorsed by Hypno toad... all hail Hypno toad @_@
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Sep 2011 at 8:48 PM
This mod prevents the usage of all cars, taxis, busses, carpool, bicycles, everything.
http://gnautylilgnomes.com/forum/index.php?topic=2568.0

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Sep 2011 at 2:17 PM
You are amazing and wonderful, and awesome! Thank you! :D

not indorsed by Hypno toad... all hail Hypno toad @_@
Test Subject
#4 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 8:59 AM
Since Gnauty lil Gnomes closed on 5/5/12 does anyone know where one can find the no vehicles mod?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 4:03 PM
http://iplaysims.com/forum/files/file/683-no-cars/

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#6 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 11:49 PM
awesome thanks
Test Subject
#7 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 10:50 AM
I can also recommend another mod: twallan's traffic http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Traffic
Test Subject
#8 Old 14th Aug 2013 at 9:20 AM
Default Link not working
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
http://iplaysims.com/forum/files/file/683-no-cars/

This link doesn't work - do you have another please - I have a medieval neighborhood and it looks stupid when a car, taxi, bus, ice cream van etc. etc. etc. pops up - I have to keep on using Nraas master controller - click on the "offending" sim and access their inventory and remove cars, radios, cameras, laptops etc. etc.

very annoying - why doesn't EA give the player an option on entering the neighborhood - a tick option (disable/enable) vehicles, bicycles, etc. etc. - I want my sims to use horses or if they had it carriages - what do you think? Modders out there please reply
Inventor
#9 Old 14th Aug 2013 at 10:21 AM
Try here
Needs Register (free)
Test Subject
#10 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 1:10 PM
It does not let me register for some reason. Anyone has another link/the file itself? Medieval world with taxis does not work quite well Pretty please.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 2:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaestral
It does not let me register for some reason. Anyone has another link/the file itself? Medieval world with taxis does not work quite well Pretty please.

From the Guest Forum on The Asylum (this has been going on for a while now)...
"If you have a Verizon.net, Att.com, Hotmail, Live, MSN, or Outlook.com email account you will be unable to receive emails from the Asylum. Those companies have the IP address of our host's email server blocked, so emails from that IP are never delivered. This includes your validation email."

Perhaps try a Yahoo, Gmail, or email address hosted elsewhere if this is what's happening.

Also, NRaas Traffic is still there. Traffic > Routing > Allow Cars During General Routing > False should shut down vehicular traffic as well.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Traffic
Field Researcher
#12 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 11:15 PM
Default Is there a just no Taxi mod?
I just want the Taxi's removed I still want my Sims to be able to use a vehicle. I have tried the Nrass Traffic mod but no matter how high I have it set the system is removing thousands of cars per hour. It got really bad after I installed Showtime again. Anyone has just a no Taxi mod or something to just remove this EA over car issue? Thx

Quote: Originally posted by RestlessEllis
I trashed Twinbrook to be my zombie apocalypse town (Okay, vampire apocalypse, but it doesn't have as nice a ring to it) and have a few 'survivor' sims dotted about. and a bunch of already vampires.

I want roads, I think empty roads look great in this world, but when there are loads of taxis and cars around it doesn't work. There aren't many, but my sim has hopped in a taxi a few times, I've got to remember to get him to walk to location.

Is there a mod which can turn off carpools and free taxis? I'm guessing asking for a no cars whatsoever mod is to much, but if there is one all the better.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MrsTragicClown
I just want the Taxi's removed I still want my Sims to be able to use a vehicle. I have tried the Nrass Traffic mod but no matter how high I have it set the system is removing thousands of cars per hour. It got really bad after I installed Showtime again. Anyone has just a no Taxi mod or something to just remove this EA over car issue? Thx

Taxis help prevent unnecessary vehicle overload, they don't typically cause it. You may inadvertently be working against your own goal here.

NRaas > Traffic > Routing > Always Use Taxis for Inactives Lacking Vehicles
(if you set this to False, you will have far fewer taxis but then sims who do not have or cannot access their cars will be issued new cheap ones for free, that will later become abandoned and need to be cleaned up)

NRaas > Traffic > Routing > Allow Performance Career Limos
(if set to True, this is where many of the thousands of cars to cleanup can come from due to a massive overspawnage bug on those vehicles)

NRaas > Traffic > Traffic Delta > -500 (or some really high negative number)
(nothing to do with abandoned cars, but that should shut down the ambient taxis that appear to circle around just for appearances sake)
Field Researcher
#14 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 6:45 PM
Default RE: Igazor
Quote: Originally posted by MrsTragicClown

Hi Igazor and ty! I tried these settings as you suggested and I'm still getting 1000's of cars removed per hour during the daytime which is causing a lot of lag in Sunset Valley. I reset the entire town using the Master Controler also and nothing changed. Then I used the Master Controller and found around 15,000 limos and deleted those. I'm just fed up and am moving to another town to see if that helps. I was honestly looking for a way or mod to set up my town as it is in France, Egypt, and China as I never ever have lag or traffic issues there. I've seen the mod that removes all vehicles but I DO want some vehicles just not to the extream as it is. We only had 4 households in that town so I don't believe it has anything to do with population as it was very small.

Thanks for trying to help! If anyone has a World like China, France or Egypt is set up? Please let me know!!

Taxis help prevent unnecessary vehicle overload, they don't typically cause it. You may inadvertently be working against your own goal here.

NRaas > Traffic > Routing > Always Use Taxis for Inactives Lacking Vehicles
(if you set this to False, you will have far fewer taxis but then sims who do not have or cannot access their cars will be issued new cheap ones for free, that will later become abandoned and need to be cleaned up)

(if set to True, this is where many of the thousands of cars to cleanup can come from due to a massive overspawnage bug on those vehicles)

NRaas > Traffic > Traffic Delta > -500 (or some really high negative number)
(nothing to do with abandoned cars, but that should shut down the ambient taxis that appear to circle around just for appearances sake)
Mad Poster
#15 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 7:07 PM
You are certain this one was set to False and not True?

That's unusual. But perhaps it's not Performance Career Limos in particular that got stuck spawning on you, there are other kinds. Nonamena has a mod that disallows limos of all types that I use together with Traffic, no conflicts. It's the "No Limos Careers Plus" version, in case you want to give that a try in one world or another perhaps in addition to NRaas Traffic.
http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...te/uploads/1581
Field Researcher
#16 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 2:22 AM
Default RE: Igazor
Hi and yes. I was seeing if I could get less traffic by setting them to False. I set it to false and the limo was still coming to pick up my Sims. All three were set to False, yes. There are only 3 options in that path and all three were false. Limo's, Routing and vehicles. I also tried setting the Trafic Delta all the way up to -900 and nothing. No changes. I deleted all those limo's but the problem was still happening. Thank you for the link I will try that and see what happens. I should also add that it started happening after I installed Showtime. It was not happening until I uploaded Showtime into the game.

Quote: Originally posted by igazor
You are certain this one was set to False and not True?

That's unusual. But perhaps it's not Performance Career Limos in particular that got stuck spawning on you, there are other kinds. Nonamena has a mod that disallows limos of all types that I use together with Traffic, no conflicts. It's the "No Limos Careers Plus" version, in case you want to give that a try in one world or another perhaps in addition to NRaas Traffic.
http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...te/uploads/1581