Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#1601 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
@DouglasVeiga (or anyone), does the Corn fix go into the normal packages folder or the overrides folder? I get the 'white box' when a sim attempts to plant (from the inventory and the plant/soil from Buydebug). The ingredient shows up in the grocery store and the inventory, and the sim can eat it, its just the plant that's acting up. The game doesn't crash, the sim just resets. What am I missing?

Do you have the Grandpa's Grove from the store? This is just a fix for the corn that they did not enable, it is not a stand alone object. It works in my game, my sim bought some at the grocery store and planted one and ate the other. I just put the package in the Mods folder. This is version 2 that I am using.

Thanks so much for enabling the corn, this is great!
Advertisement
Scholar
#1602 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CountessCrazy
Do you have the Grandpa's Grove from the store? This is just a fix for the corn that they did not enable, it is not a stand alone object. It works in my game, my sim bought some at the grocery store and planted one and ate the other. I just put the package in the Mods folder. This is version 2 that I am using.

Thanks so much for enabling the corn, this is great!

Hey, thanks for your answer, but it was answered by Douglas Veiga on this post, about 3 pages back:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...270#post4314270

I have the Grandpas Grove, and yes version 2 is the one he suggested
Scholar
#1603 Old 26th Jan 2014 at 2:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
I should have known it would be one type of stairs, it did say L-Shaped. Sigh. I did want some U-Shaped ones too, or will they release it in another venue set? I wonder what is the size of the footprint? 6 tiles? Hopefully 4 tiles.
Don't be surprised of they do this on the next future venue. I'm sure as hell won't be surprised.

Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
So we have to purchase from the store in order to get the stairs? I guess in The Sims 6 or something, all the fundamental elements of Buy / Build modes have to be purchased separately on the store. Wanna enclose your private space with walls? Buy it from the store!
I can kinda see it coming in the Sims 4 already. Hopefully I'm wrong about this.
Scholar
#1604 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 3:07 AM
Yep. It's definitely glass-blowing.
Mad Poster
#1605 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 5:03 AM
I'm completely turned off by the lack of cave given to the materials used n the lot.

I see stained glass, though. We'll see what else comes of this set.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Alchemist
#1606 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 6:30 PM
Has anyone had the "OMG!!! Glass Blowing!!! My life is complete now!!!" hype or something? If not, who's this set actually for?

Just call me Nikel
Alchemist
#1607 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 7:26 PM
Has anyone had the "OMG!!! Glass Blowing!!! My life is complete now!!!" hype or something?

Isn't the official forum full of that right now?

Anyway, I don't personally find this set/venue very interesting, so I think I'll skip it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1608 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 8:45 PM
Has anyone had the "OMG!!! Glass Blowing!!! My life is complete now!!!" hype or something? If not, who's this set actually for?

Not any players like us. You need to be the connected ones, those that bug and tweet the SimGurus day and night. Suck ass with agreements on everything posted so they can go back to the forums and post the answers from the SGs, saying "look, I got the pulse of the SimGurus" type shit. They don't talk to anyone that not fangurling them, and I won't.

That is the people that wanted this shit.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#1609 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
Isn't the official forum full of that right now?

Anyway, I don't personally find this set/venue very interesting, so I think I'll skip it.

When isn't the official forum mercilessly praising EA? They could release anything and the drones over at BBS would still lap it up and say it's what they've always wanted.
Theorist
#1610 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 9:05 PM

Not for me evidently.... sigh. Glass blowing... REALLY? They should have just made a FreeTime/Hobbies type EP., I would have bought it. I hate this piecemeal thing that they're dribbling out thru the store. Oh well. Another one I'm passing up.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1611 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 9:31 PM
All I really want is the stained glass windows and the L-shaped stairs. I will turn on shop mode so I can get it in the game. Otherwise, I am not interested in another half-ass working PC.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Inventor
#1612 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 10:09 PM
I think it would be fun to costume the festival lot for Mardi Gras but I bet its Valentines.
Screenshots

Some people have a Guardian Angel, you know a little guy sitting on your shoulder that tells you right from wrong, but mine is an Idiot.
Alchemist
#1613 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 11:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BourgeoisBanana
When isn't the official forum mercilessly praising EA? They could release anything and the drones over at BBS would still lap it up and say it's what they've always wanted.

Sorry, bad phrasing. I forgot the word "again".
Top Secret Researcher
#1614 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 4:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
All I really want is the stained glass windows and the L-shaped stairs. I will turn on shop mode so I can get it in the game. Otherwise, I am not interested in another half-ass working PC.

If you are inclined to go over to TSR they have some awesome stained glass windows, doors and lamps http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...page/5/cnt/153/ and on this page http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...page/3/cnt/153/.

I had a tutorial for making L and U shaped stairs and was able to make my own. It's really not too hard and I'm a real dummy when building stuff like that.
Forum Resident
#1615 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 7:14 PM
More info on the Prism Art Studio
http://simsvip.com/2014/01/30/sims-...studio-preview/
Glass blowing just got a lot more interesting- you can make (giftable) jewelry, housewares, perfume & stained glass windows.

Also, new free set at the store for the Lunar New Year
http://store.thesims3.com/setsProdu...ategoryId=12304

"I have learned silence from the talkative, tolerance from the intolerant and kindness from the unkind, yet, I'm ungrateful to those teachers. "- Kahlil Gibran
Scholar
#1616 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 8:11 PM

*looks around nervously, like a gazelle on an African plain*

Um, me.
I wouldn't say that it completes my life, but I love this kind of shit. I use cheats to give my Sims friends, clone their babies, and only let them socialize if I'm busy doing something else, because I have no interest in watch my Sims mating, dating and relating...BUT crafting, gives me the warm fuzzies. Take that how you will.

The fact that it's a whole arts centre with perfume and jewellery making too! OMFG! Died and went to heaven. OK, more likely the other thing...but you get the gist.
Scholar
#1617 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aeval99

*looks around nervously, like a gazelle on an African plain*

Um, me.
I wouldn't say that it completes my life, but I love this kind of shit. I use cheats to give my Sims friends, clone their babies, and only let them socialize if I'm busy doing something else, because I have no interest in watch my Sims mating, dating and relating...BUT crafting, gives me the warm fuzzies. Take that how you will.

The fact that it's a whole arts centre with perfume and jewellery making too! OMFG! Died and went to heaven. OK, more likely the other thing...but you get the gist.

I'm wit you!
#1618 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 9:02 PM
Why can't they just create something that's more common as an activity, like knitting needles or pottery wheel or something? I don't want my grandma to spend her afternoon blowing glass in the basement as a hobby. It's not like every house would want one anyway.

Oh but think of the hilarious potential fire hazards of an inexperienced sim wielding molten glass ... such hazards are not to be found in knitting, sadly.
Scholar
#1619 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 9:38 PM
Knitting has its own hazzards....especially if you don't watch where you sit after taking a break.
Top Secret Researcher
#1620 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 9:48 PM

It's not for me. But I've recently discovered http://www.farming-simulator.com/. Squeeeee! Which promises to give me the farming stuff that EA did not put into an EP.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Scholar
#1621 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 10:18 PM
looks like jje1000 and I got our wish when it come to jewelry making!!

I'm a little excited while I'm not excited at the same time. Because I'm afraid the whole set will become a disappointment in the end. My hopes and expectations are not that high.You know what it would be really cool though, is that the perfume will act as an elixir just like in supernatural;including different ingredient combinations!
Mad Poster
#1622 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 12:34 AM
I see a display for jewelry. I hope that means we can purchase rather just create.

But even that's expecting too much, even if we got glass blowing, jewelry making and perfume.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#1623 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 12:48 AM
So we have to purchase from the store in order to get the stairs? I guess in The Sims 6 or something, all the fundamental elements of Buy / Build modes have to be purchased separately on the store. Wanna enclose your private space with walls? Buy it from the store!

The Sims 6 will consist of a loading screen leading to a big Store button...that's it.
One Minute Ninja'd
#1624 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I see a display for jewelry. I hope that means we can purchase rather just create.

But even that's expecting too much, even if we got glass blowing, jewelry making and perfume.

But does it mean we can also sell the stuff we make, using the seller's crap they gave us in earlier Store sets?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1625 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
If you are inclined to go over to TSR they have some awesome stained glass windows, doors and lamps http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...page/5/cnt/153/ and on this page http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...page/3/cnt/153/.

I had a tutorial for making L and U shaped stairs and was able to make my own. It's really not too hard and I'm a real dummy when building stuff like that.

Looks like I might have to go that route, I think the stained glass windows only come from the glass blowing machine. Thanks for the links.

Quote: Originally posted by aeval99

I am happy for you and Periandre. No, really I am. You all have your wish and I hope it's all you hoped for.

Quote: Originally posted by matrix54

I really wanted a counter and register to make those purchases and give as a gift to sims. Oh well, the place looks awesome but I have something like this on a community lot when my starting artistic sims need a place to learn and gain skills. It has easels, sculpting, drawing tables, etc. Don't think I will have room for a glass blowing oven. Anyway, still not what I was looking for.

I have the same question as Eskie stated above.

Page 65 of 124