Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Deviant Savant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jan 2005 at 10:56 PM
Default Question about using a transparency as a recolor.
Ok, I'm in over my head here. I've been recoloring objects for the trash collection and also a little experimenting.

In Photoshop, I have created a transparent layer and saved it as the png. When I go into the game and into buy mode, the object appears transparent in the little catalog preview window. When I place it in the room it turns solid black. Am I doing something wrong or is this just not a possible way to change the appearance.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Jan 2005 at 11:17 PM
Did you choose 'Import Alpha' seperately from the way you imported your texture? Also, I've found that with some objects you have to put an alpha over the whole thing...other objects don't seem to work right with an alpha...

If anything, it should still appear in the game, though, just not transparent or translucent.

The fact that it appears as black yet shows transparent in your catalog, makes me think it's something with the way you're handling importing alphas into SimPe.

Hope that helps?

Best,
Suzanne

Vista is a problem that needs a solution -- preferably one with a pH of 0.
Test Subject
#3 Old 20th Jan 2005 at 11:41 PM
Is this an object that does not normally have alpha channels? If so you'll need to stdMatAlphaBlendMode under Material Definition to "blend".
Deviant Savant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Jan 2005 at 4:02 PM
Thanks for the info guys! I think that's probably where I'm having problems. I messed around with it a little last night and made some progress.