Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#201 Old 6th Sep 2016 at 12:51 PM
I will use the huge chestnut she created for me in the jungle area.

Find all my creations here:
My blog: Nilxis Designs // My Tumblr page: http://nilxis.tumblr.com
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#202 Old 6th Sep 2016 at 4:19 PM
The giant pine would also work well, maybe along with recolors of the alien plants from Lunar Lakes (giant mushrooms, etc)
Lab Assistant
#203 Old 13th Sep 2016 at 8:11 PM
I hope there will be paths leading to the larger rock tops...I picture a sim hiking up some of these.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#204 Old 5th Nov 2016 at 1:30 AM
@Looseal, sorry for the late answer. Yes! There will be paths to large rock tops and elevated areas with nice views

----

Hey, I haven't forgotten about Uranesia!
I'm still slowly working on it because of university, and after so many months, it's time for a new update.
Actually, there's not much that's new. I've been mostly working on changing what was already done, such as terrain paint, flora, some recolors, lots and a bit of the city's layout. I'm still not done with these changes, but you can get an idea now of what I'm going for. Basically, I want the world to look "wilder". Here are the pictures:

That's all, let me know if you like these changes, and as always, ideas and suggestions are welcome
I'd love to say there will be a new update soon but lately I'm on a bad streak when it comes to updating lol.
(Thanks to Crowkeeper for some of her plant recolors which I've used as a base)
See ya!

Mad Poster
#205 Old 5th Nov 2016 at 1:44 AM
Looking good! The rock definitely looks much better now!

Love the little waterfall coming out of the archway.

IMO color works better if it's bolder and concentrated in certain areas like what you did at the gate. The color I'm at the temple is a bit too dispersed- try concentrating it into certain design elements (i.e. The entryway)
Top Secret Researcher
#206 Old 5th Nov 2016 at 8:04 AM
Not sure what to say. It was amazing before, and now it is even more amazing! I very much like your changes, that mossy look adds a lot of "realism" if you can say so. The only part where I do not like it so much is at the front of the temple. But this might just be the picture (and me trying very hard to find anything that could be improved at all).
SO much looking forward to the next update!
Mad Poster
#207 Old 5th Nov 2016 at 10:20 AM
I'm going to take so many screenshots in this world. So many 4k, edge-smoothed, color-corrected, ambient occluded, anisotropic filtered, beautiful screenshots.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
#208 Old 5th Nov 2016 at 12:47 PM
Wow Nilxis. It looks amazing! Thanks for the update. I've been checking this forum every day.
The architecture blends in better now. And I love all the little details. Can't wait for more pics.
Lab Assistant
#209 Old 5th Nov 2016 at 4:50 PM
I'm drooling! It looks marvelous and I love the moss on the stone.
Icy Spicy
#210 Old 5th Nov 2016 at 4:53 PM
When I finally get to play in this world I will be literally in Sims heaven :lovestruc
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#211 Old 6th Nov 2016 at 12:11 AM
Thank you all so much for your comments and feedback
I'll definitely try to change the colors of the temple, I agree it's too dispersed.

Test Subject
#212 Old 6th Nov 2016 at 1:04 PM
wow, that's amazing. i already thought it looked perfect before, but it looks even better! :D
Test Subject
#213 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 3:04 AM
Uranesia is looking absolutely stunning, and I'm blown away with every update! I keep coming back to check on this thread every time I have internet access, and it's just so exciting seeing your building process! You have so much patience and dedication to pursue a project like this, and I'm so thankful for that because this is by far one of the most gorgeous worlds I have seen, and it's not even finished yet! I love film and storytelling, and this world would make for a perfect set! Hopefully one day I'll get the joys and honor of making a machinima in this beautiful world!

P.S. Are those 'Tomb Raider: Underworld' statues I see?
Lab Assistant
#214 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 4:10 PM
Firstly, I wish you much luck with University. You are such a remarkable lady. Regarding the much anticipated Uranesia, I think "wilder" will definitely better add to the intrigue and mystery of this incredible island. I am so pleased with all the photos you post. The story line possibilities will be endless. I inevitably give the trait "adventurous and gatherer" to my sim as I love roaming along with them while discovering any an all things in the Worlds. It's exciting to find hidden unexpected objects/places. I am not drawn to city worlds, the more unusual the World, the better for me. Hence, once again I must mention my love for your Ziwa Bonde. Different is better. I continue to follow your progression regularly but University responsibilities must come first. High kudos to you.
Theorist
#215 Old 14th Nov 2016 at 5:01 PM
Lara Croft would love this place.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
#216 Old 15th Nov 2016 at 2:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Lara Croft would love this place.

As would Indiana Jones. I also see a story line in the area of Seven Years in Tibet or Lost Horizon ( Shangri-la).
Test Subject
#217 Old 21st Nov 2016 at 1:51 AM
I love this so much! Just found the link on tumblr and it is amazing seeing this world coming together,
the way some seemingly small changes make it seem so much more lively.

If I understood correctly this world will have some kind of adventure / storyline when finished?
That's gonna make it even better!
Field Researcher
#218 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 8:35 PM
I just looked again at this post and can't wait until it will be done. I will definitely do something with the storyline then, I mean, it looks amazing! I guess one of your bigger works until now.
Instructor
#219 Old 25th Nov 2016 at 12:38 PM
Incredible so far! Love the architecture combined with the lush overgrowth
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#220 Old 4th Dec 2016 at 6:13 PM
Thank you all! (and sorry for the late reply)

@AussieMe, Yes! They were converted by moschino_K, here: http://www.thesimsresource.com/arti.../skipsetitems/1

@Looseal, I'm glad you like this type of worlds, it's the type that I enjoy building the most
(PS: I'm a guy :P)

@Eowyneira, Yes I don't want to limit the creation of Uranesia just to the visual aspect. I want to create a history for the place, myths, mysteries, societies, religions, characters, and everything that is implied with all these things, so the world has meaning. This will not be a world for regular gameplay, but for exploring, storytelling, machinima, etc. So I want to make really interesting and explorable.

By the way, I'm going to show new pictures next weekend (hopefully!), there have been some important changes in the city
In case you haven't checked out my tumblr page, this is one of the changes:

I changed the distribution of color, I got rid of the vibrant green moss (I'll use it in the jungle/abandoned areas) and once again I reshaped the temple, making it taller.

Theorist
#221 Old 5th Dec 2016 at 5:12 PM
Hmm, you know, the one thing I didn't like (and yes, only one thing!) was that the tall temple kinda looked out of place amongst all the other low-slung builds around it. The only way I would have wanted that was if that temple was in the direct center of the city. Then it would have been the central point of the hood and justifiably a bit taller than the other constructs. Now its even taller you say?
I say this as someone who hasn't explored the town myself in 3D, so I may be wrong about that. Anyway, I can always shorten it myself if it really doesn't suit my preference.
What do you think Nilxis? It's definitely better taller?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#222 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 11:01 PM
Thanks for the feedback, tizerist!
I do think though that it's better taller, it's not located in the direct center of the city, but I think it will help balance the general view when the city is finished. In the most central spot of the city (not 100% central, but the most prominent) I will build the palace, which is going to be quite big and high. Without some other big structures in the city, I believe it would look too disprportionate. Besides, since it's an important temple, I think it's also good for it to be somewhat imposing and tall. Here are some pictures of the city so you can see if from other angles:

You can see where the palace is going to be built. Also, you can see an empty area between the square by the temple and the front gate. There used to be some low-slung residential lots here (which I'm saving for another area), but now I've replaced them with a denser area of taller residential buildings, which I think makes the temple fit better. I'll show some pictures very soon

Field Researcher
#223 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 9:43 AM
I still love this! Can't wait until it's done!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#224 Old 17th Dec 2016 at 1:08 AM Last edited by Nilxis : 17th Dec 2016 at 2:07 AM.
Thanks gittevdv

--------

Time for a new update!
I've been making some important changes to the city. Because I'm too perfectionist, I've seen lots of new things that could be changed so I've ended up rebuilding most of the lower town. I've even deleted some lots and built them back from scratch. Here are some pictures:

Let me know what you think, as always, feedback is welcome!

Scholar
#225 Old 17th Dec 2016 at 1:56 AM
I don't know how you could've made this world more beautiful, it was perfect as it was and now its even more beautifully perfect!
Page 9 of 22