Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#176 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 9:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
If you want your npcs to open up colorful umbrellas instead of the black boring one EA gave them
check out this mod:
https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post...orld-seasons-ep
Does this add new umbrella colors to the game or just forces NPC to choose one of the colorful existing options?
Advertisement
Scholar
#177 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
Does this add new umbrella colors to the game or just forces NPC to choose one of the colorful existing options?

The second option.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#178 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 12:34 AM
LittleMsSam must be really glad to have you as her PR manager
Scholar
#179 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
LittleMsSam must be really glad to have you as her PR manager

I'm not!
I'm just finding her mods and fixes to be super useful
if it's annoying anyone I would stop posting those links

sorry about that.
Top Secret Researcher
#180 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 12:48 AM
Was just a joke I found funny. But yeah, game wouldn't be playable if it werent for modders. Nice of you to post links to fixes. Tbh, maybe this board needs a thread for those. Sims 2 has one for fixes and interesting things. Plus a lot of other archived mods and cc lists. I wonder if TS4 should have one with fixes and interesting mods.
Mad Poster
#181 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
Was just a joke I found funny. But yeah, game wouldn't be playable if it werent for modders. Nice of you to post links to fixes. Tbh, maybe this board needs a thread for those. Sims 2 has one for fixes and interesting things. Plus a lot of other archived mods and cc lists. I wonder if TS4 should have one with fixes and interesting mods.

What thread it is?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Top Secret Researcher
#182 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dixieland
Minor first impression: Kiwitea's awesome grass textures no longer work! How did I ever live with these bland textures!?

Of all the things to break!

Actually it does works. But Seasons added in extra grass textures for spring, snow and after the rain, so yeah, sometimes you'll see EA grass and sometimes you wouldnt. He is working on the additional grass textures, and I heard its releasing soon.

Edit: Oh wait I thought you meant kiwisims lol. But yeah, info on additional grass textures still valid.
Lab Assistant
#183 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 7:20 AM
LittleMsSam made a fix for this issue: Obsessed Pet Pet Fix
http://littlemssam.de/random-bug-fixes/

(1 zip file with separated files inside of it)

Nice fix, but that particular fix/mod doesn't seem to be included in the zip file, though, or am I missing something?
Instructor
#184 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 10:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
Actually it does works. But Seasons added in extra grass textures for spring, snow and after the rain, so yeah, sometimes you'll see EA grass and sometimes you wouldnt. He is working on the additional grass textures, and I heard its releasing soon.

Edit: Oh wait I thought you meant kiwisims lol. But yeah, info on additional grass textures still valid.

No, no, I think you're right! It IS kiwisims! I thought that kiwitea had gone through some sort of life-altering event and changed their name! Oops. Let me go edit my last post...

Edit: The deed is done.

So...Kiwisims is planning on creating more grass textures!?
Could you please throw a link my way? The tumbler page I found doesn't seem to be kept updated.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Scholar
#185 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 11:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Krabaten59
Nice fix, but that particular fix/mod doesn't seem to be included in the zip file, though, or am I missing something?

Top Secret Researcher
#186 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 2:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dixieland

No, no, I think you're right! It IS kiwisims! I thought that kiwitea had gone through some sort of life-altering event and changed their name! Oops. Let me go edit my last post...

Edit: The deed is done.

So...Kiwisims is planning on creating more grass textures!?
Could you please throw a link my way? The tumbler page I found doesn't seem to be kept updated.

Kiwi changes the name to Industrisims a while back: https://industrisims.tumblr.com/
Scholar
#187 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 3:15 PM

The grass textures change for autumn and winter in a lot of worlds, as well. I hope they are aware of that.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Instructor
#188 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 5:42 PM
Kiwi changes the name to Industrisims a while back: https://industrisims.tumblr.com/

Thank you so much, emino!

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Theorist
#189 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 7:40 PM
Only a few hundred answered but here are the results from last weeks Seasons poll if anyone was curious. Most love it and are happy with the pack but I was surprised that there were so many people who hadn't bought it yet - maybe I asked too early.

https://www.strawpoll.me/15952507/r
Lab Assistant
#190 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
Only a few hundred answered but here are the results from last weeks Seasons poll if anyone was curious. Most love it and are happy with the pack but I was surprised that there were so many people who hadn't bought it yet - maybe I asked too early.

https://www.strawpoll.me/15952507/r

Maybe so. I'm not buying it at all, I'm boycotting EA for failing the sims series and other games. Have you posted the poll else where to see if you get more or different results?
Lab Assistant
#191 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 9:47 PM

Oh, thank you! - I was looking for a file name with 'obsessed' in it... :p
Top Secret Researcher
#192 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 2:42 AM
Today I learn that Sims will still go to eat at the dining table outside when its raining, if its the nearest to the kitchen. Stupid Sims.

However I also learn that these table with umbrellas has been updated for Seasons so Sims would not get wet, so I can replace my outdoor dining table with these umbrella ones.
Test Subject
#193 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 5:28 AM
Is anyone else annoyed that your Teen can't be a scout and have a part-time job? What's the point of that?! The career set-up in this game bugs me.
Scholar
Original Poster
#194 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 6:49 AM
Switching families during a rainstorm bothers me, all families sometimes start all standing outside next to the mailbox including pets, toddlers, soaking wet at 3am in the morning, and I have to bring them inside and they are all miserable.

This is hardly my fault, and hopefully this situation is addressed oneday...
Scholar
#195 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 12:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
Switching families during a rainstorm bothers me, all families sometimes start all standing outside next to the mailbox including pets, toddlers, soaking wet at 3am in the morning, and I have to bring them inside and they are all miserable.

This is hardly my fault, and hopefully this situation is addressed oneday...

This is why I never switch households in the middle of the night..
or at school hours, if I'm switching to a family with school kids, since they would probably be at a state of late for school..

you need to pick the right time to switch, unless you don't mind to mess with your sims schedule
Scholar
#196 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 5:04 PM
I like the new gardening much better than the old one. I can’t remember how the old one worked because every time I did it, I’d end up quitting in frustration. I think the splicing was annoying.
Forum Resident
#197 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 6:23 PM
I caved and bought Seasons (tried it along with Pets). It was fun for, like, two days but I'm already bored with it.
Mad Poster
#198 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 6:47 AM
I just happened to open Sims VIP and saw Target had it half off and today is the last day. Called and after 2 Targets got the last one. So now to install and check it out.
Mad Poster
#199 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 12:46 PM
I have a question about mud puddles. I installed the game a few days ago and started to play with a pre-played sim in summer season as I thought this will introduce the season effects gradually. However, the game started in the middle of a thunderstorm. How nice, I thought, the rain sounds lovely and the thunder strikes were just the right amount of scary. Anyway, right in the middle of the yard there's a mud puddle that my sim avoided successfully for some time, but not for long. As soon as it walked through the puddle, it slipped and fell to the ground. That's funny, I say to myself, thinking that's the end of it. No, no such thing. Ever since stepping into that mud puddle, it's like my sim forgot how to walk and falls down every 2-3 steps it takes, even inside the house. I thought maybe it's a clumsy sim, and checked it's traits, but it doesn't have a clumsy trait. So, I am wondering if this is a bug, a feature, or whether it's just my sims being special? Also, if there's a mod out there that stops this silly behavior, please let me know where I can download it. Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
#200 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 3:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ElephantsChildFoamy
Is anyone else annoyed that your Teen can't be a scout and have a part-time job? What's the point of that?! The career set-up in this game bugs me.

Speaking of former teen myself, lay off the poor kid. :'D
Page 8 of 9