Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 12:00 PM Last edited by -Mallow- : 11th Jan 2011 at 7:30 AM.
Default Bandage head
So I came across this site finding help place like this, read many post and figured this is one good help site for creators, specially when I'm a beginner. (I use Milkshape, and all the required plugins which been told in this site's tutorials)

I'm having an idea to create silent hill nurse. I would like to create this "hat hair" that would be containing a nurse hat and then mesh that covers all around the face as bandages.

I know one thing for sure that when it'll be in the CAS and you'd modifye the sim's head, example make big ears or bigger nose than the default had, or do any big shape changes in the head, the face parts might go trough bandage mesh which would ruin the idea.

So my question is how could I make this idea work?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 12:18 PM
Well, you can't get round this entirely - it's just not possible. There are two things which could help.

You can make the bandage bigger than the head. This is the easiest option - it's not perfect, and it'll still be possible to make a sim whose nose/ears/whatever stick out, but for most sims it'll work fine.

You can also try assigning the vertices of the bandage to the various bones in the face, so that when the user moves a facial slider, the bandage will change shape to match. In theory this is a great idea, but in practise it'd be very tricky: it would never be perfect, and would result in a certain amount of texture distortion - also, the bandage would change shape when the sim changes their expression. If you can do it well, though, it could come out pretty damn awesome.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 12:50 PM
Maybe you could also do a full-face makeup that covers the entire face and is bandage-textured - so if something did stick out, it wouldn't be obvious.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 3:15 PM Last edited by -Mallow- : 7th Dec 2010 at 4:52 AM.
Yes, sounds really good to make it bigger and also the face mask... Thank you for the ideas, I'll start working on this as I learn first all the other basics I'll need for this.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Dec 2010 at 4:51 AM
So I have managed to create all the parts needed for the nurse, from skin, clothes to the head. But now I am quite lost. How to actually make this "hat hair" mesh into hat hair? I read the hair tutorials in this site but it still couldn't figure how to do this - especially when Delphy's Daboobs forbids hat hairs.
I have already rigged the mesh to the skeleton in milkshape, and also have all the textures including normalmap but since this "hair" is not exactly having any hair textures I'm just lost.

How to do this? Could someone help me out, give some kind of step by step guide? Or something

Thanks, I appreciate any help
Mad Poster
#6 Old 7th Dec 2010 at 10:40 AM
Use Delphy's CAS Texture Unitool (CTU) to make hat hairs: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=364926 . It's what I use for all of my hat hairs and it works very well.

The item you're trying to make sounds really good, I hope we'll be seeing the finished results soon!