Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 9:44 PM
Default (HELP)Editing Alpha Channel without leaving outlines.
i need help from any creator who has faced this before, whenever i edit the alpha 1 channel in photoshop while recoloring a dress or any piece of clothes to make it show more skin or change its cut, the outcome always works but leaves brownish trace of previous dress's outline in-game. is there anyway to get rid of these outlines ?

Is it because It is not tight clothes but it shows an skin. If I delete an long sleeve it will be gone but will show the cuff and rectangle on the arm still.
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 10:12 PM
That sounds like the original shadow map (a separate texture) still creating shadows on the skin. Here's a discussion and suggestions on editing shadow maps: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...ighlight=Shadow

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 12:38 AM
Default (EDIT) Why Does This Happen With My Custom Content
Everytime I try to edit the Custom Content it make this is it because I cant show invisible parts I removed the long sleeve
Screenshots
Test Subject
#4 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 12:59 AM
Making an alpha layer transparent doesn't actually delete the sleeve geometry... you're just painting a texture on top of it. To get rid of the sleeves you actually need to edit the mesh... which is a very tricky thing to do at the moment.

saikyoc4.tumblr.com
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 1:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SaikyoC4
Making an alpha layer transparent doesn't actually delete the sleeve geometry... you're just painting a texture on top of it. To get rid of the sleeves you actually need to edit the mesh... which is a very tricky thing to do at the moment.

I took a look at your cc , I WAS LIKE OH MY GOSH YOU MADE THE CC WITH THE BIG BLUE HAIR I LOVE IT , IS THERE A WAY YOU CAN TEACH ME OR GIVE ME TIPS TO MAKE CC LIKE YOU BECAUSE U ARE FAB. PLEASE MESSAGE ME.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#6 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 2:41 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 1st Dec 2014 at 9:36 AM.
Miningforlols, if you have more questions ask on the forums -- please don't randomly request private lessons or PMs from people. Thanks.

Also, merging threads .. please don't post more than one thread on the same issue.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 10:19 AM
You need to clone from a mesh that's similar to what you're trying to make. You've used a long-sleeved mesh to make a sleeveless top, so the resulting top is still going to have 'sleeves', but now they're flesh-coloured! Try cloning from one of the men's sleeveless tops instead.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 2:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Esmeralda
You need to clone from a mesh that's similar to what you're trying to make. You've used a long-sleeved mesh to make a sleeveless top, so the resulting top is still going to have 'sleeves', but now they're flesh-coloured! Try cloning from one of the men's sleeveless tops instead.

But what if I am trying to make move than just sleeveless I want to make cut in the back dresses.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#9 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 7:27 PM
Then you will need to make a new mesh, like Saikyo said. I'd recommend you start by making recolours though, that is a lot easier.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 12:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Then you will need to make a new mesh, like Saikyo said. I'd recommend you start by making recolours though, that is a lot easier.

First off stop being rude , If you did not notice I already did recolors and making custom default recolors I know that but it is too simple and boring..
Scholar
#11 Old 5th Dec 2014 at 11:48 AM
No offense intended, but you tried to delete parts of geometry by editing the texture file. Then get angry at someone's suggestion that you may need a little more experience doing something less advanced.
Doing a ton of recolors and texture edits on existing meshes will show you exactly what you can and cannot do, and from there you can get into editing the geometry as efficiently as possible to suit your needs. Don't get mad at people for stating a very common way to learn how to work with something. A lot of people like to do it this way because it's a very effective way to get a feel of things.
Just because someone tells you to start with/keep doing/perfect something easier doesn't mean they're underestimating you or trying to be rude. They're basing their advice on the information you provided, which shows you don't fully understand why this problem is happening.

Please visit WickedNoukFamily Forum for my creations.
Can't take requests, I'm completely swamped with unfinished projects! :O