Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 3:44 PM
Default -- Make Pack Specific? --
Is there anyway I can make a recolor pack specific through S4PE, S4S, or S4CASTools? Like for GP01 or it wont work if it's not installed?

Thanks!

Simalary Studios

Contact Me
Send me a PM, if you need to contact me for anything.
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 6:00 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 1st Jul 2015 at 6:11 PM.
I asked about this in the EA forums, and was told there's no in-game check for CAS parts for whether a pack is installed. There's a flag in the CASP Property ID indicating it's not base game but it's not specific to which EP/GP/FP and not being checked or used. The only way is to link to resources that only exist in the EP/GP/FP packages.

This could be changed in a patch, of course.

The new version of CAS Tools will clone only the resources that have actually been modified, so for recolors the meshes, resource map, and whatever would still be linked back to the pack packages.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#3 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
The only way is to link to resources that only exist in the EP/GP/FP packages.

.. which would also be the most sensible way, since there is really no need to have duplicate content in a package no matter what it requires. (A typical CAS recolour woudn't include the mesh anyway, or would it?)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Alchemist
#4 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 8:49 PM
That depends on the recolor. If the recolor is going to expose skin in an area where the original garment doesn't expose it the recolorist will frequently want to edit the bump. Since the bump is stored in the Geometry resource that recolor will require including the meshes.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#5 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 8:57 PM
Yes, by "typical recolour" I meant things that literally only change the colour/pattern (diffuse) .. that's the most common case, as far as I've seen.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 4:04 AM
@CmarNYC, so would new objects work the same way?

Simalary Studios

Contact Me
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#7 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 4:31 AM
For questions on objects please use the Object Creation forum .. they are different from CAS Parts. (In objects, the specular and diffuse textures are also in the material definitions in the meshes, not only the bump maps.)

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 5:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
For questions on objects please use the Object Creation forum .. they are different from CAS Parts. (In objects, the specular and diffuse textures are also in the material definitions in the meshes, not only the bump maps.)

Ok, sorry for that. Thanks for the little extra on objects.

Simalary Studios

Contact Me
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#9 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 10:44 AM
I really don't know about objects, so yes, asking in the objects forum would be best.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4