Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Nov 2015 at 12:04 AM
Default I think I bit off more than I can chew
So there's this skirt that my wife wears sometimes when I'm really good. [IMG][/IMG]
So of course I made my family in sims 4 and I wanna make the skirt. I started it up and I think I'm well on my way. [IMG][/IMG]
Of course there's the problem with putting these 2 pieces together.
[IMG][/IMG]
I have the files any help would be appreciated. I don't care about credit for the creation, recolors or whatever. Tutorial link? Expert creator with a few mins of extra time?

Do or do not. There is no try. - Master Yoda
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Nov 2015 at 12:38 AM
Splitting this off into its own thread since the other one was a couple weeks old and on a different topic.

Are you asking how to join the vertices there? You could use the Snap function (Shift S), or Merge (Alt M), depending on what you are trying to do exactly.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Nov 2015 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Splitting this off into its own thread since the other one was a couple weeks old and on a different topic.

Are you asking how to join the vertices there? You could use the Snap function (Shift S), or Merge (Alt M), depending on what you are trying to do exactly.

Well mainly I just to make the skirt. I want to join plaid to denim, but the plaid is pleated. So it has many more vertices than the denim. I can only select one piece at a time, either denim OR plaid. Saw somewhere else, to export then import to get one editable mesh, but I lose the texture.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 16th Nov 2015 at 4:33 AM
To join two groups just select them both and press J. I guess you should go through some basic blender tutorials so you don't get stuck all the time .. try blender.org or the rest of the internet. As for "losing the texture" I guess what happened is that you didn't retexture/remap the parts?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Nov 2015 at 10:35 AM
Ok ok ok. I'll knuckle down and get it done the right way. I know from the last time I attempted creating in these games that there are many steps. I'll get to it.