Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Dec 2015 at 12:01 AM Last edited by DrHouse93 : 4th Dec 2015 at 12:12 AM.
Default Exclusive outfit linked to custom trait
Greetings, companions of The Sims^^

As the title says, is it possible to tie a specified outfit to a custom trait, in a similar way to Alien's switch form (when an Alien switches to its true form, he will gain the spacesuit, and can't change clothes. Since the true form is determined by the adding/removal of a secondary trait, I'd like to know how can I get the same effect with another trait (I already have the required trait and clothes, I just need to bind them together))

I tried by messing with CASflags, but I'm not an expert on that, so of course it didn't work

Hope you can help me^^
I really need this for my custom Occult

EDIT: If I'm not mistaking, you can actually already bind an outfit to a buff, right? For example, when a Sim marries, she will autonomously switch to the Wedding Dress. And the wedding itself is controlled by a bunch of buffs. Since my trait has a buff, I think all I need to know is how to link the appropriate clothing to that one, right?^^
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 4th Dec 2015 at 10:08 PM
A CASP can be linked to a buff resource and we used to use that to display a custom inset on the thumbnail in CAS, but EA disabled that. The link is called 'BuffResKey' in s4pe - the value is an index into the TGI list at the end of the CASP. In order to try it out you'd have to create an appropriate buff resource defining your buff (I can't help you with that), add it to the TGI list, and set BuffResKey to point to that TGI entry. However, my feeling is that a buff alone will not change clothes and it may be related more to the category tags, for example a sim changes to Formal for a wedding. I could be wrong.

The first step would be to examine the flags and settings in the alien uniform and compare them to regular clothes. But right now s4pe won't work on the game CASPs since EA has just changed the format yet again. I'm working on an update.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4