Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 4:31 PM
Default Specific object for OFB
I seem to recall finding an object that lets you set a minimum and/or maximum of how many items a customer can buy while playing a business? I just have no idea how to find this again. If anyone happens to know, please share the source.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 4:50 PM
Simwardrobe (Paladin's Place) has loads of good stuff for businesses, you could try there. I personally love the Customer Limit Adjuster, which controls how many people can visit your business at once.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 10:43 PM
I've never seen a mod that regulates how many items sims can buy so I don't think it would be from simwardrobe as I have a lot of their items.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 10:45 PM
It is not. I checked. Simwardrobe (Paladin's Place) is indeed the first site i thought about too
But besides the massage-playables don't go broke, and the customer limit adjuster..nothing about individual max items.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#5 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 4:01 AM
It would be useful to be able to restrict how much they buy. One of the main reasons I don't allow playables to shop at all is because I don't want them to come home with half the shop, but if you could restrict it then they could choose just a couple of things.

Townies, however, can buy up the whole store if they want to. XD
Inventor
#6 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 2:11 PM
Found some related things you already might be aware of and isn't what you're looking for.
Post it anyway, because you never know who it helps.
Simulated sales: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=1373
The link mentioned in the post of the above link I will post here also:
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,8418.0.html
And if you ever change your mind about all those townies who clog their inventories:
http://www.cyjon.net/node/496

But and sorry, couldn't find anything about buying a few things and then restriction.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 10:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
It would be useful to be able to restrict how much they buy. One of the main reasons I don't allow playables to shop at all is because I don't want them to come home with half the shop, but if you could restrict it then they could choose just a couple of things.

Townies, however, can buy up the whole store if they want to. XD

BO has a specific mod for that. It's called Simulated Sales, and lets sims buy just as they normally do, only the items won't show up in inventory, so it's a win-win. I'd still like an additional mod for it though, so customers buy and leave after one purchase. I have a bed frame store and it obviously seems a bit bizarre when one sim buys 7 bed frames!

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Theorist
#8 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 1:03 PM
There is a mod that has customers make their purchases, then leave the store once they pay. I found OFB to be annoying when sims just hung around, blocking things and those ones who just show up to push, poke or start fights with others. So it's buy something and leave! (: Sorry, I don't know the name of it, I'm sure someone will. I'm leaving shortly for water therapy and I'll check back later, if no one names the mod, I'll check my downloads.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 1:45 PM
It's by Cyjon, Customers Leave After Paying. It's here.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 4:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bubblebeam
BO has a specific mod for that. It's called Simulated Sales, and lets sims buy just as they normally do, only the items won't show up in inventory, so it's a win-win. I'd still like an additional mod for it though, so customers buy and leave after one purchase. I have a bed frame store and it obviously seems a bit bizarre when one sim buys 7 bed frames!

I've got Paladin's No Playable Shoppers, but I meant letting them buy one or two actual things, but no more than that.