Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 12:50 AM
Default Mod to stop maids/butlers from cleaning up nectar/drinks
So has anyone made a mod to stop this yet? I found some old discussions about it, but thats about it.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 8:30 AM
You might be able to do something about it within NRaas Retuner's settings, but that's just a guess.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 9:50 AM
Twoftmama has a mod to stop autonomous cleanup of nectar and bar drink trays, on TFM's Asylum (free registration required to view and download).

No Autonomous Clean Up Nectar and Bar Drinks
http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...ptember-2-2014/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 12:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LeeAlee
Twoftmama has a mod to stop autonomous cleanup of nectar and bar drink trays, on TFM's Asylum (free registration required to view and download).

No Autonomous Clean Up Nectar and Bar Drinks
http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...ptember-2-2014/

That sound sliek exactly what I am looking for. I will look into it. Thanks
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 2:43 PM
Well that sort of worked.

The mod did stop the maid from cleaning up the drinks, but the auto-cleanup action at the end of her shift cleaned them up anyway :/

So I guess now I need some way to disable the auto-cleaning. However, I also use Gardening Service 2 , which uses a similar functionality to auto-harvest the lot as part of its "end of shift cleanup" if the gardeners dont get everything manually. AND the gardeners are classed as maids by the GS2 mod. So odds are, anything that removes the auto-cleanup at the end of the "real" maids' shift will likely negate the GS2 cleanup as well; or at least that is what I would expect to happen.

Wow. Anyone have any suggestions on this? Other than "don't leave drinks lying aroudn when the maid shows up" :P
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 12:48 AM
Well the folks over at NRaas say this is outside the scope of Retuner. However, they set me on the path to a mod that (combined with TFM's no-autonomous cleaning mod) actually solves the problem for me personally in an even better way.

icarus_allsorts' The Professional Juice Bar Mod allows you to put the trays of drinks/nectar in your sim's personal inventory, after which they can drink directly from their inventory. This not only prevents the drinks from being tossed by the maid/end of shift cleanup, it also makes the drinks portable And the mod comes with a host of other goodies.

And with TFM's mod installed, I dont have to worry about the maid cleaning up the drinks as soon as I make them, before I even get a chance to do anything with them (yes I have had that happen before).

So anyone else who is looking for a workaround, there ya go. Thank you to everyone that helped track this stuff down
Instructor
#7 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 3:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vrusso
Well the folks over at NRaas say this is outside the scope of Retuner. However, they set me on the path to a mod that (combined with TFM's no-autonomous cleaning mod) actually solves the problem for me personally in an even better way.

icarus_allsorts' The Professional Juice Bar Mod allows you to put the trays of drinks/nectar in your sim's personal inventory, after which they can drink directly from their inventory. This not only prevents the drinks from being tossed by the maid/end of shift cleanup, it also makes the drinks portable And the mod comes with a host of other goodies.

And with TFM's mod installed, I dont have to worry about the maid cleaning up the drinks as soon as I make them, before I even get a chance to do anything with them (yes I have had that happen before).

So anyone else who is looking for a workaround, there ya go. Thank you to everyone that helped track this stuff down

Oh, that's awesome, I'm gonna have to snag it myself Thanks for sharing your solution!