Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 3:03 PM
Default Help Please
hey, I need help.. I had instaled S3PE and I think I made a mistake, in the instalation window I allowed to associate (sims4) package with s3pe.. and now the files appear as sims3package.
how can I change that back to normal?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 9:55 PM Last edited by daisylee : 24th Mar 2017 at 7:25 AM.
I would uninstall it and reinstall it correctly.

edit: What are you trying to do/get? If you want S3PE for 3 then I would reinstall it the right way. And if you want to work on items for 4 as stated you need s4pe and need to install it instead.

Which game are you trying to work on?
Instructor
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by QueenJones
hey, I need help.. I had instaled S3PE and I think I made a mistake, in the instalation window I allowed to associate (sims4) package with s3pe.. and now the files appear as sims3package.
how can I change that back to normal?

You will need S4pe to edit Sims 4 packages not S3pe.
Scholar
#4 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 12:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Manderz0630
You will need S4pe to edit Sims 4 packages not S3pe.

I would recommend Sims 4 Studio for the batch fixes and just because it's geared more toward the average player and not just modders. I loved S3PE and I can't wrap my head around S4pe.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 4:42 PM
I'm working on the sims 4
Scholar
#6 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 6:19 PM
Just open regedit.exe, jump to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Package_File\Shell\open\Command, then double click on (Default) and change it to your desired program, much quicker, I assoicated Sims4Studio for my packages, then added a secondary menu in case I want to open it instead with SImPE, S3PE, or SP4E just by right-clicking..
Mad Poster
#7 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by QueenJones
I'm working on the sims 4

Uninstall S3PE and get s4pe. You have the wrong program installed to work on 4. If you still need S3PE to work in 3 I would reinstall it. Unless you know what you are doing I would not touch your registry. That is a good way to mess up a computer.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 11:16 PM
Hey
Thanks guys for the options..
So, I don't know yet how to work with this things lol, (just wanted to edit a sims 3 mesh and recolor with sims4 patterns to use on sims4).. anyway..
I downloaded S4PE, then selected one of those files that were changed, and choose to open all of them with it, and it worked, they changed back to PACKAGE.

ps: sorry for the english :P