Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 10:14 PM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 28th Mar 2017 at 7:06 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night
Default Lots
I have an established house in the game. I installed 3 lots with houses from the exchange to the downloads in my launcher and have them installed into the game. Where did they apply to and where do I find them? Can I place one in another town so I can have two houses? My house and this new one I speak of. I understand we cannot have 2 houses in the same town.
Thank You.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 11:20 PM
If you installed them correctly you'll find new houses in the Empty Houses bin once you create a new world or enter an existing one from a save. Use Edit Town mod, then Click on Empty Houses. You can have two houses in the same town, but your sim can only live in one, so you can either purchase the second one as 'additional home' (Smartphone->...), or you can use Edit Town mod to create a new family (or use an existing one in Households bin) to place into a new house, and then you'll need to switch between households if you want to play both.

You can place a house into any town, any number of times, once it's in your Empty Houses bin.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 6:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Babahara
If you installed them correctly you'll find new houses in the Empty Houses bin once you create a new world or enter an existing one from a save. Use Edit Town mod, then Click on Empty Houses. You can have two houses in the same town, but your sim can only live in one, so you can either purchase the second one as 'additional home' (Smartphone->...), or you can use Edit Town mod to create a new family (or use an existing one in Households bin) to place into a new house, and then you'll need to switch between households if you want to play both.

You can place a house into any town, any number of times, once it's in your Empty Houses bin.

Thank you. I did read somewhere that a Sim can have a house in one town and another house in another town, like a vacation house and live in both of them, going back and forth thus mixing with different neighbors and such.
Alchemist
#4 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Davidray
Thank you. I did read somewhere that a Sim can have a house in one town and another house in another town, like a vacation house and live in both of them, going back and forth thus mixing with different neighbors and such.

Yes, that's possible if you have World Adventures. Nraas Traveler offers the option of traveling to any installed world, but it treats it as a vacation (I think? I haven't traveled that much to non-WA worlds) and I'm not sure if you can buy vacation homes in non-WA worlds if you don't have WA. Island Paradise, if I recall correctly, offers the option of buying multiple residential lots within the home neighborhood

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Theorist
#5 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 2:36 PM
I don't know if someone has already linked you to this site or not, but even to this day if I need info on something in the game (and I've played it since it came out!) I go to Carl's Guide. http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/

This link might even be better, since you can click on a topic and it contains info about it. http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/info/

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 3:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Yes, that's possible if you have World Adventures. Nraas Traveler offers the option of traveling to any installed world, but it treats it as a vacation (I think? I haven't traveled that much to non-WA worlds) and I'm not sure if you can buy vacation homes in non-WA worlds if you don't have WA. Island Paradise, if I recall correctly, offers the option of buying multiple residential lots within the home neighborhood

Thank you so much.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
I don't know if someone has already linked you to this site or not, but even to this day if I need info on something in the game (and I've played it since it came out!) I go to Carl's Guide. http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/

This link might even be better, since you can click on a topic and it contains info about it. http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/info/

Thank you very much. Even though I have played Sims 1 and 2, and I now have 3, I still do not know a lot of the basics, so I am still an early learner here.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 8:03 PM

I loved Carl's Guide, until they added so much Sim 4 stuff that if you search that's all you get.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 9:27 PM

Thank you. I will check it out.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil

Thank you. I do not know of these you speak of, but I will check on them.
Theorist
#11 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 1:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
I loved Carl's Guide, until they added so much Sim 4 stuff that if you search that's all you get.

That's not my experience. But I always search by typing 'sims 3 (fill in blank)'. I always find ts3 stuff on Carl's. I think it's actually a larger guide because the game has so much more in it than TS4.

Now on a search engine, I agree that because of the way search engines work it will search for anything that is about 'sims', so I get TS4 and TS2 stuff. It can get pretty annoying trying to filter out what you're looking for, but people playing 2 or 4 are no doubt having the same problem.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Theorist
#12 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 5:51 AM
Carl's Guide is the best guide, I've used it for a long time, yet today a surprise my way came: you're now required to turn off AdBlock to view the site! Just open some page and try to scroll down, the popup informs you that you can't read further and tells you to turn off AdBlock. No way I'm doing it, I won't be visiting the site anymore. This is so blatantly disgusting, it's all about money now.
Instructor
#13 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 7:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Babahara
Carl's Guide is the best guide, I've used it for a long time, yet today a surprise my way came: you're now required to turn off AdBlock to view the site! Just open some page and try to scroll down, the popup informs you that you can't read further and tells you to turn off AdBlock. No way I'm doing it, I won't be visiting the site anymore. This is so blatantly disgusting, it's all about money now.

I saw that today when I went to reference the site. I use a combination of script blockers and ad blockers and got past it- pages that detect if you're running an adblocker generally figure it out via javascript, so as long as you find something that lets you selectively block scripts from running, it's pretty easy to get past them.
Site Helper
#14 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 5:11 PM
Playing Devil's Advocate here: Servers cost money. Site maintenance and upgrades can cost money, even if you have a site owner like Delphy who loves to mod the site. As long as a site is one I would miss if it were gone, the ads are relatively unobtrusive, and as long as there is a reasonable way to contact the site to get an ad removed if it's causing my virus scanner to block the site, I have no problem with keeping AdBlock set to whitelist that particular site.

I may not be able to afford a donation to the site, but I can look at ads to support it.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Instructor
#15 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 5:52 PM Last edited by orose : 28th Mar 2017 at 6:51 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Playing Devil's Advocate here: Servers cost money. Site maintenance and upgrades can cost money, even if you have a site owner like Delphy who loves to mod the site. As long as a site is one I would miss if it were gone, the ads are relatively unobtrusive, and as long as there is a reasonable way to contact the site to get an ad removed if it's causing my virus scanner to block the site, I have no problem with keeping AdBlock set to whitelist that particular site.

I may not be able to afford a donation to the site, but I can look at ads to support it.

I understand and agree with that to a point, to be honest, and when it's a site that's unobtrusive and gives me an option, I'll be happy to whitelist in many cases, but when they take away my choice and try to force me to unblock them, that's when I'm done.

I'm a freelance web designer and developer by trade, and while hosting costs money, I can't think of any hosting option so expensive it calls for you to force ALL of your users to unblock just to use it.

Also, from a usability standpoint, you drive users away and reduce the goodwill towards your brand (ie. the comments above). Plus, with regard to accessibility, unless you can guarantee that certain types of ads will never play, you run the risk of alienating disabled users, for example those with a seizure disorder who might get one triggered by a suddenly flashing or moving ad. In general I've just never found it to be a good practice. :-\