Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 9:13 PM
A mod that allows both cats and dogs to learn respective hunting skills.
It always seemed really odd to me that both cats and dogs can learn the hunting skill... except that they're two entirely different skills! Why do dogs have a need to find gemstones anyway? It never made sense to me.

What I'd like to find (or create if no one has already) is a mod which allows dogs to hunt for small animals, and cats to find gemstones. (Honestly, I'd like them to be able to find seeds as well, but that's less pressing. And perhaps renaming the skills to something more fitting? Hunting for animals, digging for gems, and gathering seeds? To ease any confusion.)

I mean, who didn't get excited upon hearing that dogs had a hunting skill, imagining taking their dogs out and tracking down little critters- but to be disappointed that all your dog can do is find hunks of metal and stone.

If this mod does not exist, how hard would it be to add on the skills to each pet? In theory, could you simply clone the skills, made necessary adjustments, and simply add them to the other pet? I haven't worked with modding Sims yet, I really only make games from scratch, but I'm all for trying and learning something new!