Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 4:25 AM Last edited by krudyard : 27th Mar 2017 at 6:30 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Mesh issue?
A while ago I separated my cc into medieval and non-medieval. As I had been playing my normal hoods for a while, I hadn't checked on the medieval hood. I just now went there and the boy's tunic and pants had turned into a tunic and skirt.

This is what it's supposed to look like (from Sunni):

And this is what it now looks like in game:

The top has also gained a flared sleeve.

I re-downloaded the file and installed. The teen and adult files are fine (they have meshes in the respective folders), but the child one is borked. I didn't see any mesh for the child in the downloads. But there wasn't one when I initially downloaded it and it worked fine.

It's no biggie, but I just wondered what the hell had happened in the interim? I haven't done any recolours of clothes in a long time and never touch the meshes.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 4:59 AM
Have you installed any clothing defaults? If you defaulted one that used the same mesh, it would be overridden just the same. That ought to also cause texture problems in my experience.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 5:24 AM
Brilliant. I removed the default replacement folder and it was back to normal. Thanks for that! I didn't even think I'd downloaded any boys replacements. Something to be aware of in future.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 7:01 AM
Yeah, I had that same exact problem in my medieval hood, defaults can be a pain in the butt.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 11:50 AM
Children's meshes are unisex, so even if EA didn't enable them for both genders, creators can use boys' meshes for girls' outfits and vice versa.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.