Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 10:39 PM
Default Outfit-specific accessories
I'm not sure if I'm in the right place, or if there is even such a thing, but I'd like a mod similar to how hair works, but for accessories. Does anybody know if there is such a mod? (I tried searching for it but I'm not quite sure how to use proper keywords...)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 10:56 PM
I do not know a mod but will be great if such mod exist.
Acessories what are in "glasses" category are taken off in swimwear, pajamas and underwear, just like glasses in vanilla game.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 11:25 PM
I don't think you will find it since I don't think such a thing has been made. Would be great though.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 11:28 PM
You can set accessories (jewellery/makeup etc.) to only appear on whichever type of outfit you want them to appear on. You can set the item rather than the type IYSWIM. It's a PITA to work through your files though. I do it with Wardrobe Wrangler.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 11:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
You can set accessories (jewellery/makeup etc.) to only appear on whichever type of outfit you want them to appear on. You can set the item rather than the type IYSWIM. It's a PITA to work through your files though. I do it with Wardrobe Wrangler.

Currently I've been going in to each accessory and editing the items so that they only appear when I want them, but it's getting quite crowded with all the different copies of the same item. (For example I only want scarves to show up when wearing the outdoors outfit, but I also want other characters to be able to wear them for their formal clothes.) Very PITA.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 12:22 AM
As far as I know, setting accessories as jewellery or as different clothing categories are the only ways to match them to outfit categories. The jewellery section is closest to the hair setup, but I've always found that section a bit annoying.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 1:23 AM
You can set things to only appear for, say, formal and outerwear. If you give your sim to wear them, they disappear when they're in their swimsuit or undies.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 4:51 AM
I really wish that sims would take their makeup off when going to bed. Unfortunately I don't think there's any way to do that.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 5:54 AM
You can set things to only appear for, say, formal and outerwear. If you give your sim to wear them, they disappear when they're in their swimsuit or undies.

This is how accessory outerwear is made.
I made one like that. only available as outerwear, it is a cardigan I think you,d call that. So when my child change into outerwear, he keeps his everyday outfit(also enable for outerwear) and his cardigan appear, just like he put a jacket on.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 6:10 AM
More power to all of you for setting things one at a time. I'm far too lazy. :P

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 8:21 PM Last edited by maxon : 22nd Mar 2017 at 9:12 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I really wish that sims would take their makeup off when going to bed. Unfortunately I don't think there's any way to do that.

FYI - you can do it with WW
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77

I'm far too obsessive.
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#12 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 4:05 AM
Oh wow. I didn't know you could do that with makeup. Thanks! Now if it had the ability then why didn't Maxis do it like that to start with? I wonder if anyone has done default replacements for the Maxis makeup.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#13 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 4:56 PM
There are default replacements but I don't think anyone has done them with edited PSets. I think it would be possible. What make up would you use to default?

Mad Poster
#14 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77

Oh I am indeed lazy, but since I made only one...lol

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#15 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 3:14 AM
There are default replacements but I don't think anyone has done them with edited PSets. I think it would be possible. What make up would you use to default?

I was thinking just the regular Maxis makeup with edited showingupness.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 5:39 AM
I use these default replacements:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=285759
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=285757
They show up in every outfit, though.