Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 11:32 AM
Default Can I prevent my game freezing?
Hi,

I recently installed sims 3 again and this time I used the university life expansion. I used mods but this slowed down my game o much. After I used Razer game booster and a mod manager my game runs fine again but the game I started before wouldn't work anymore. My sim just stood there frozen along with other sims. Now I went to look up some help but possible fixes as the moveobjechts or resetsim cheats did nothing for me. Luckily I had just started the game and played for less than an hour. So I just restarted my game.

Is there a way to prevent the same thing from happening again? Is it a randomn bug or was it because I added my mods (I used these same mods before on Sims3 and back then I hadn't had any problems)?

Thank you in advance !
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 7:55 PM
in order to answer that, we would need to know your system specs. http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...lp:System_Specs will tell you how to find them, and there is a template in there with the information we actually need.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#3 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 1:30 PM
It's possible that saved game was corrupt, or that you had some CC installed then that you dont have now, outdated CC which is not compatible with your current game version, or a host of other reasons. Since we cant see you computer or what you have done to it, its really not possible for us to tell you exactly what caused this to happen. If it has been more than a few months since you last played, it might be best to start with a new set of User Files. If you aren't sure how to, have a look at Game Help:Sims 3 Game Problemwiki Once you have generated a new set of User Files, check your current patch level and find CC which is compatible with it, being careful to test each one to ensure it works without issue.