Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 1:33 PM
Default Will this laptop run TS2 and the pre-Securom expansions well?
Hi there,

I'm thinking about buying a laptop, and was wondering if this one would play the sims 2, and ideally university, nightlife, open for business and seasons, reasonably well:

Sony VAIO S-Series SB2M9E laptop

Intel Core i3 2310M
2.1GHz processor speed
4GB memory
500GB SATA hard drive

13.3 inch widescreen display

AMD Radeon HD 4670M graphics card with 512MB memory

Microsoft Windows 7 Premium

I couldn't find anywhere online that stated the system requirements for TS2 on windows 7, so any advice on this would be greatly appreciated as well.

I'd be buying this laptop mainly for schoolwork, but if it could run my old sims 2 games, even just the base game and seasons, it would be a bonus!

Thank you in advance!
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 7:48 AM
The SysReq page for Sims 2 list the Desktop HD 46xx with all GREENs, so it might be OK for a 13" laptop with a HD 4670M model.
But with a 13" laptop chassis (small enclosure), you might want to monitor temperatures and don't play too long when it gets hot to the touch. Or you can monitor temps with tools like
- hwmonitor
- SIW
- speedfan

Windows 7 specs is similar to Windows Vista, with improvements. So it should be fine, OS-wise.
And the CPU, & GPU meets the MTS recommended minimums just barely, so don't over-strain it too much. Especially since you need it for school. One EP at a time is a good strategy.

How much does this laptop cost?