Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1151 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 8:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GothyPanda
To be a little off topic, I actually love Firewatch! I think it's a very interesting concept and story~ Even if there isn't much in "gameplay", I'm more of a Story > Game Mechanics person anyway haha.

AS FOR A QUESTION. Hmm. Oh, I have something.

1) Is it possible for teens that aren't in played households to start dating each other? Actually, apply that to any of-age Sim. I know with MCCC you can set it so they can autonomously get married, but what about just dating?

2) Can non-played Sims start their own clubs?

1) No. There isn't that kind of story progression in TS4. Unless you initiate a romance then nothing is going to happen. I think you can set up NPC couples though using some of the socials. I've not really explored the options but I think there are socials to introduce two Sims together.

2) There is coding in the game for several club types. It is intended that if all of the existing club members die off or are removed then eventually new clubs will generate on their own.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Advertisement
Scholar
#1152 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 12:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
I don't want to waste points on this; I just want to know if custom traits are inherently difficult to learn.

Since some cc traits are learn-able and some not, I would guess it's coding related indeed.
I have the same issue.
Scholar
#1153 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
Since some cc traits are learn-able and some not, I would guess it's coding related indeed.
I have the same issue.

Hmmm, I would love to know what the coding is...

I'm trying to build as cheap as possible. The cheapest bathroom items, like the toilet and shower, have the same reliability and hygiene/bladder numbers as the second-cheapest... but they have 'Uncomfortable' listed. Does this mean they just give an Uncomfortable moodlet buff while in use? Or does it mean something else? If it's just a temporary buff, I might as well ignore it and buy the cheapest.
Scholar
#1154 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 2:43 PM
Hmmm, I would love to know what the coding is...

I'm trying to build as cheap as possible. The cheapest bathroom items, like the toilet and shower, have the same reliability and hygiene/bladder numbers as the second-cheapest... but they have 'Uncomfortable' listed. Does this mean they just give an Uncomfortable moodlet buff while in use? Or does it mean something else? If it's just a temporary buff, I might as well ignore it and buy the cheapest.

Idk much about coding.

the cheap toilets do give an uncomfortable buff and it is temporary, but considering the fact that they use the toilet pretty often, you might wanna invest in a better toilet
also, the cheaper ones are way too easy to break.. the amount of sims in the households also effect the breakage, since the more sims = the more the toilet being used = the more it's gonna break.
Scholar
#1155 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 3:14 PM
Hmm, wouldn't more breakage be good? At least early on, it gives a Sim a good opportunity to increase their Handiness skill/get upgrade parts.

I set my weather in the Seasons tab to not give me Thunderstorms... yet Newcrest still got a thunderstorm? (I do have the Improved Weather Variety mod, but that didn't seem to alter anything for Newcrest, since that has varied weather already)
Lab Assistant
#1156 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 1:04 AM
I recently noticed that Sims will wear "winter clothing" indoors when it's freezing outside, even if the thermostat is set to warmer. My question is, is this intentional, or a bug? It's kind of irritating. Although, it doesn't bother me when/if they wear "summer clothing" indoors when it's hot outside. Maybe because of how different the outfits are from each other, it just doesn't make much sense for my Sims to be walking around their warm homes with a fireplace and heating in mittens and bobble hats.
Scholar
#1157 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 2:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by luxford
I recently noticed that Sims will wear "winter clothing" indoors when it's freezing outside, even if the thermostat is set to warmer. My question is, is this intentional, or a bug? It's kind of irritating. Although, it doesn't bother me when/if they wear "summer clothing" indoors when it's hot outside. Maybe because of how different the outfits are from each other, it just doesn't make much sense for my Sims to be walking around their warm homes with a fireplace and heating in mittens and bobble hats.

You can either use Bienchen's mod that makes the sims wear everyday outfit indoors if the thermostat is on
search for thermostatoutfittweak in this page:
http://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mods-fuer-jahreszeiten/

or LittleMsSam's mod - Change into Everyday when inside
in the small mods zip file here:
https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post...-are-sooo-small
Lab Assistant
#1158 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 3:09 PM
1) Can one build a lot with a maze and use the interaction "Wander Maze", or is that simply restricted to the Chalet lot?
2) How do you upload a room to the gallery that has stuff on the outside of the room? Like for example building something that's not on the ground floor, but things like stairs are very much a part of the build?
Scholar
#1159 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 3:16 PM
1) Can one build a lot with a maze and use the interaction "Wander Maze", or is that simply restricted to the Chalet lot?
2) How do you upload a room to the gallery that has stuff on the outside of the room? Like for example building something that's not on the ground floor, but things like stairs are very much a part of the build?

1. No, but that's a cool idea for a mod, if any creator is watching XD
2. If it's outside the room it's not part of the room, you'll have to upload it as a lot, instead.. or modify it so it's one room by deleting some walls and adding fences etc to surround the outside area.. (not always possible tho)
Scholar
#1160 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 9:49 PM
Okay, when I am told to clear the cache for Sims 4, that does mean I need to clear the Origin cache, right? Because I see nothing in any Sims 4 folder that lets me clear caches like in Sims 3.
And how often would I have to do that? I really don't think I should have to do that at least once a week because my game ends up running really badly.
And by really badly I mean things like a Sim gaining a buff and that buff immediately blinking and having a 0 Minutes timer... which takes a good hour to disappear. Similarly, Sims take FOREVER to do ANYTHING. My pregnant Sim is eating, but she has a yellow bladder bar. Okay, I tell her to go pee after eating... she suddenly has already peed herself! Hasn't even finished eating; barely a few seconds have passed. And then, despite having emptied her bladder onto herself, she goes and pees, anyway. (I also use Repair Game, but, again, this seems to be something I have to do once a week?)
Scholar
#1161 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 10:17 PM
Okay, when I am told to clear the cache for Sims 4, that does mean I need to clear the Origin cache, right? Because I see nothing in any Sims 4 folder that lets me clear caches like in Sims 3.
And how often would I have to do that? I really don't think I should have to do that at least once a week because my game ends up running really badly.
And by really badly I mean things like a Sim gaining a buff and that buff immediately blinking and having a 0 Minutes timer... which takes a good hour to disappear. Similarly, Sims take FOREVER to do ANYTHING. My pregnant Sim is eating, but she has a yellow bladder bar. Okay, I tell her to go pee after eating... she suddenly has already peed herself! Hasn't even finished eating; barely a few seconds have passed. And then, despite having emptied her bladder onto herself, she goes and pees, anyway. (I also use Repair Game, but, again, this seems to be something I have to do once a week?)

This is how to delete cache files in TS4
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/help/cache.php

I personally prefer to move my screenshots to a different location + delete the Localthumbcache file (see path in the link above) before every time I open the game
the amount of time you use the game equals to the weight of the cache files you'll have..

about your issue tho, do you use any mods? could be that you have broken ones? maybe mods that changes the way the game time works?
do you use any cc? could be that you have way too many so it effects your game play?
(mostly a lot of cc can cause lags and loading screens issues, but not anything like what you have tho)
Lab Assistant
#1162 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 11:06 PM
Do Sims that are uploaded to the gallery / saved with Reward traits keep those traits, or will Sims downloaded only have the CAS traits?
Scholar
#1163 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 11:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
about your issue tho, do you use any mods? could be that you have broken ones? maybe mods that changes the way the game time works?
do you use any cc? could be that you have way too many so it effects your game play?
(mostly a lot of cc can cause lags and loading screens issues, but not anything like what you have tho)

I have MC CC, but the only thing I changed there in terms of default settings was making sure my pregnant sim gave birth to twins. (Because it seems to be either more difficult to get twins in this game than Sims 3 or the Fertile treatment does nothing.)
Outside of that, I have some CC clothes that end up leading to distortions on my Sim (like her legs have a skin 'shard' connecting the two when walking) because I play with low Sim details, and the only way to remove those is with that set to Very High. And the game isn't the fastest for me to begin with, so I just don't use those clothes. (I might put them into a different folder...)
I only have 3 CC hairs... one with a recolor of my own...
I have some No Autonomous mods, but those seem to be up-to-date, according to their MTS download page.
I have a default replacement for skin + eyes, and for the CAS background with the Blob Remover.

But I'm pretty sure I had these issues before I got that stuff.

Also, looking at my Sims 4 folder, I see I have no cache folder. I only have cachestr.
Screenshots
Scholar
#1164 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 2:18 PM
I have MC CC, but the only thing I changed there in terms of default settings was making sure my pregnant sim gave birth to twins. (Because it seems to be either more difficult to get twins in this game than Sims 3 or the Fertile treatment does nothing.)
Outside of that, I have some CC clothes that end up leading to distortions on my Sim (like her legs have a skin 'shard' connecting the two when walking) because I play with low Sim details, and the only way to remove those is with that set to Very High. And the game isn't the fastest for me to begin with, so I just don't use those clothes. (I might put them into a different folder...)
I only have 3 CC hairs... one with a recolor of my own...
I have some No Autonomous mods, but those seem to be up-to-date, according to their MTS download page.
I have a default replacement for skin + eyes, and for the CAS background with the Blob Remover.

But I'm pretty sure I had these issues before I got that stuff.

Also, looking at my Sims 4 folder, I see I have no cache folder. I only have cachestr.

If you have MCCC you don't need NO auto mods (almost none, but some you'll need)
you can use the AutoScan feature in MC Tuner, to disable almost any action from being autonomous.

about the cache

(where I said delete the content, it means don't delete the folder, just what's in it)
Scholar
#1165 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 11:42 AM
..I can make Toddler custom traits with the Mod Constructor, right? Would there even be any interest in that? I saw some Child-Only traits, but not sure if anyone would care for Toddler-Only ones.
Lab Assistant
#1166 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 2:59 PM
..I can make Toddler custom traits with the Mod Constructor, right? Would there even be any interest in that? I saw some Child-Only traits, but not sure if anyone would care for Toddler-Only ones.

You should be able to, yes. I remember trying to think of some Toddler traits, but I had a hard time trying to think of one that wasn't already covered by the ones in the game. If you're able to figure one out, I'd totally be down for it!

Was anyone able to figure out my question?
Do Sims that are uploaded to the gallery / saved with Reward traits keep those traits, or will Sims downloaded only have the CAS traits?
Scholar
#1167 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 7:09 PM
Hmmm, I'll see what I can brainstorm.

What is the difference between a CC skin and a skinblend? I keep looking for neat-looking (default replacement) skins, but keep encountering stuff like skinblends or just 'facial-only' skins... and I am utterly confused.
Forum Resident
#1168 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 8:24 PM
Hmmm, I'll see what I can brainstorm.

What is the difference between a CC skin and a skinblend? I keep looking for neat-looking (default replacement) skins, but keep encountering stuff like skinblends or just 'facial-only' skins... and I am utterly confused.

Someone asked a similar question recently . http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=616405

FOR THE HORDE
Forum Resident
#1169 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 5:14 AM

I saved my own sim and redownloaded them, and downloaded a sim from the gallery. both sims kept their reward traits.

FOR THE HORDE
Scholar
#1170 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 9:47 AM
With deleted cache, I notice the game running smoothly in Spring and somewhat well in Summer. But even if I delete cache every time before starting up the game, it starts to lag near the end of Summer/start of Autumn. ...are the two later seasons tougher on the game to replicate? Is that why Autumn/Winter tends to lag in response-time, despite doing what I can to avoid it?
Lab Assistant
#1171 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 10:41 AM
With deleted cache, I notice the game running smoothly in Spring and somewhat well in Summer. But even if I delete cache every time before starting up the game, it starts to lag near the end of Summer/start of Autumn. ...are the two later seasons tougher on the game to replicate? Is that why Autumn/Winter tends to lag in response-time, despite doing what I can to avoid it?

I don't have Seasons (yet, will probably get it before the sale is over) but if I had to guess, it's probably because the game is generating leaves and snow and shit.
Field Researcher
#1172 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Weisskreuz
I saved my own sim and redownloaded them, and downloaded a sim from the gallery. both sims kept their reward traits.

They also keep there skills they have gained so you can save and restart a really skilled sim. Just for any info someone might want.
Lab Assistant
#1173 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 3:58 AM
Does a Karaoke Bar lot count as a "Bar"? Thus, if I put bowling lanes will groups of bowlers come?
Forum Resident
#1174 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 3:28 AM
Is there an easy way to get a Sim inside, or into another room? It's bizarre that there's no "Call Over" option, but if it's in the socials I am missing it.
Scholar
#1175 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 6:19 AM
Call Over should be there in the main interaction menu for every sim if you know them or not, but if they are too far away it's useless.

How I get sims to follow me inside by 2 ways.

Either Add the sim to group and Go Here Together

or

Just chat with the sim whereever he/she is now, and in the middle of the conversation just click your destination and select Chat Here
Page 47 of 86