Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Dec 2016 at 10:40 AM Last edited by Sabirina : 14th Dec 2016 at 11:55 AM.
[SOLVED] Glasses' lenses invisible from the back
Hello !

I try to convert Lara Croft Tomb Raider's sunglasses and I'm quite satisfied with the result...
But there's an issue I can't resolve : The lenses are completely invisible when I look from behind the sim.
I thought I could fix it with the undersides, like I do for hair (duplicate group, reverse vertex order, scale all by .999, then align normals), but nothing changed...
Is there something I can do to fix it ?

Thanks !

Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 13th Dec 2016 at 7:56 PM
The glass does share the same group right? And did you use a glass shader? (Not required but just making sure) And your mesh doesn't have any weird black spots or anything? Else you could try the 'model cleaner' (Click no on all the windows) in milkshape and then align normals. Else (and I don't think this will fix it) You could try the 'extra data' plugin and set all boxes to '255'
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Dec 2016 at 11:37 AM Last edited by Sabirina : 14th Dec 2016 at 11:52 AM.
I forgot to specify that's the first time I make glasses, and, as I wanted recolorable lenses, I cloned Esmeralda's EA sunglasses (http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=483956). I use TSRW and my lod0 is split in 2 groups. I don't know if it uses a glass shader, I don't know what it means, sorry. All boxes of the 'extra data' plugin are already set to '255'. No black spot, nothing wrong I think...
I try the 'model cleaner' option, and then I'll edit this post . Thank you for your answer !

EDIT: Yes ! It works now ! Thank you very much !!!
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 14th Dec 2016 at 4:06 PM
Yay! I'm glad that model cleaner worked for you :D