Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 3:41 PM Last edited by swillfly : 8th Oct 2017 at 3:45 PM. Reason: correction

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Default Maxis NPC Clothing Replacements
I've been trying to figure out how to replace the default EA ugly witch and warlock clothes but haven't had any luck. I found HystericalParoxysm's replacement tutorial and was following along with that up to "6. Search for the Name: Now, bring up SimPE's Resource Finder (Window menu, Resource Finder)"...
Problem is, my SimPE version doesn't have a "Resource Finder":

There was also a default replacement outfits tutorial @ InSim and some other poster said they use this livejournal tutorial.
Any recommendations?

Kidney stones are never round pebbles... they are more like jagged stalactites.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 5:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by swillfly
Problem is, my SimPE version doesn't have a "Resource Finder":

It's called Scenegraph Resource Finder in your Windows drop-down. If you don't see it on a tab "Finder" on bottom of SimPE's Workarea you simply initialize it by clicking on it in the Windows drop-down.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 9:23 PM
Thx clsve -found it and I did a Find>NameMaps search Type>(contains)[match] per the tutorial for : "body~stdMatBaseTextureName" but it found no results. This is what the good warlock clothing CC Material Definition (TXMT) had listed. As I was going back over Serena_Moonstone's CC download I noticed it did Not include the mesh.. I'm likely looking in the wrong package files for TXMT names if they are found on other peoples' downloads/discussion threads/links. I noticed the same no meshes included for the witch gowns. Let me try those and see if I'm still q!u4&kd.

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 9:38 PM
You won't be able to use Serena_Moonstone's good warlock robes as a base, because she replaced the mesh as well as the textures - so all the links to the default warlock outfit are "broken". Default replacing hidden outfits is a bit trickier than default replacing regular stuff!

Personally, I would take an "educated guess" approach. We know the outfit was introduced with AL, so you can open SimPE and go File -> Open In -> Apartment, then browse to 3D -> Sims02.package (because that's where the TXMTs are).

It's an adult male full body outfit, so the resource name will start with amBody, and there aren't too many of those - and in among a few tantalising red herrings (amBodyWitchNaked? amBodyWitchAssistant?), it doesn't take too much scrolling to find amBodyWitch_good, which sounds like what you want.

Since you haven't made a Bodyshop recolour there's no exclamation mark or prefix, so the stdMatTextureName is just ambodywitch-good.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 10:47 PM
thx Nysha! Yeah.. I noticed None of the witches/warlocks are displayed in BodyShop so that wouldn't work...
Serena Moonstone's just have recolours or textures, yeah? All her meshes are found elsewhere by other people.. I downloaded some from Besen, and Garden of Shadows and wherever/whatever links...
Am I correct in assuming that I need not make any Program Files changes, that the game will replace whatever exactly named default packages out of My Documents\Downloads instead of the Maxis defaults in Program Files? Mebbe hidden stuff demands Program Files alteration?
amBodyWitch_good -that's one-of-six.. The meshes are the same regardless of alignment so really all I need are the 2 default adult female and adult male witch/warlock meshes, right? Erm, providing those will play nicely with Serena's files.
My Objective: replace all 3 default witch and warlock robes (6 in toto) with Serena Moonstone's...teens/kids/elders/preg I'm not gonna change.

Field Researcher
#6 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 12:23 PM
You find the needed mesh here : http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=300700 in the first download (EclipseCountD_CompleteSimMTS2.rar)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 1:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by clsve
You find the needed mesh here : http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=300700 in the first download (EclipseCountD_CompleteSimMTS2.rar)

Hrrm.. that's a custom mesh by Lunar Eclipse for whatever Count D anime... does that mesh work with Serena Moonstone's warlock textures?

After a little scouring it seems like I found some meshes for Serena's warlock/witch outfits here: Besen's warlock mesh in Billielith's download and Epiphany's witch mesh Mediafire download on GOS... although, regarding the female witch meshes, Serena says "All the gowns are based from a basegame mesh, except for the Child version" ...so I'm scratching my head on whether I should try stretching Serena's skins over the default Maxis bad/good/neutral witch meshes (and I'm not sure how I would go about that) or if I should try out Epiphany's. Billielith/Besen's warlock package seems to include everything, whereas Epiphany has 2 separate package files with what seems less resources.

Here's Billielith/Besen's content in 1 package for warlocks:

And here are the contents of the 2 packages from Epiphany for witches:

I also found per Nysha's post above what seems to be the locations/files for the witches/warlocks:
Found in Sims02.package:

• afbodywitch_bad_txmt
    afbodywitch_good_txmt
    afbodywitch_neutral_txmt
    ambodywitch_bad_txmt
    ambodywitch_good_txmt
    ambodywitch_neutral_txmt
Found in Sims07.package:

• ufbodywitch-bad_txtr
    ufbodywitch-good_txtr
    ufbodywitch-neutral_txtr
    ambodywitch-bad_txtr
    ambodywitch-good_txtr
    ambodywitch-neutral_txtr
Found in Sims10.package:

• ufbodywitch-bad0_lifo
    ufbodywitch-bad1_lifo
    ufbodywitch-good0_lifo
    ufbodywitch-good1_lifo
    ufbodywitch-neutral0_lifo
    ufbodywitch-neutral1_lifo
Found in Sims08.package:

• ambodywitch-bad0_lifo
    ambodywitch-bad1_lifo
    ambodywitch-good0_lifo
    ambodywitch-good1_lifo
    ambodywitch-neutral0_lifo
    ambodywitch-neutral1_lifo

Should I be trying to do something with the TXTR's as per HystericalParoxysm's tutorial here and try using the downloads above?

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 11:23 AM
Oh, well if you want to just replace the warlock outfits with Serena's CC outfits, that's easy! You're just following the wrong tutorial Try this one: http://mooglesims.livejournal.com/26934.html

(If it helps, you can think of a sim outfit as having three parts - there's a part which says "warlocks wear x" which consists of the GZPS and 3IDR; there's a part which contains x mesh, consisting of the SHPE, GMND, GMDC etc.; and there's a part which contains x textures, which consists of TXMTs, TXTRs etc. The tutorials you linked to above are about changing x textures. The tutorial I just linked to is about changing "warlocks wear x" to "warlocks wear y".)

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 1:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Oh, well if you want to just replace the warlock outfits with Serena's CC outfits, that's easy! You're just following the wrong tutorial Try this one: http://mooglesims.livejournal.com/26934.html

(If it helps, you can think of a sim outfit as having three parts - there's a part which says "warlocks wear x" which consists of the GZPS and 3IDR; there's a part which contains x mesh, consisting of the SHPE, GMND, GMDC etc.; and there's a part which contains x textures, which consists of TXMTs, TXTRs etc. The tutorials you linked to above are about changing x textures. The tutorial I just linked to is about changing "warlocks wear x" to "warlocks wear y".)

Thx again Nysha! I've never seen that tutorial before. I'm going to try and muddle through that to see if I can figure out how to swap out/replace the default Maxis witch and warlock outfits. It is a bit tricky for hidden outfits as you said in your post above.
I'm surprised that over the many years no modder made a program to automate replacing (Maxis default) textures, meshes & linked resources with (user-created CC)... Every single default outfit needs to be individually manicured precisely in SimPE (providing SimPE can even find all the resources and you know exactly which ones you need) to swap out the default Maxis paperboy, maid, nanny, witch, etc.

I found out the Sims 2 Default Database only provides a collection of what appear to be alternative recolours/textures by artists and *maybe* mesh links by various other artists... It's Not a complete collection of the actual Maxis default npc's that wear particular outfits in-game nor do they include the Maxis .package file locations which include the essential resources that compose each unique npc sim wearing those outfits.

Yes, my objective is to change what Any adult warlock or Any adult witch wears from the default Maxis skins/textures & meshes. I would like to try using all of Serena Moonstone's warlock and witch outfits for 6 adults (for npcs' & my own sims):
  • adult female bad witch
  • adult female good witch
  • adult female neutral witch
  • adult male bad warlock
  • adult male good warlock
  • adult male neutral warlock
So, Serena Moonstone's warlock and witch downloads only contain textures. The warlock meshes she says are Besen's and she provides a link for all 3 adult warlocks. That's good.
Serena Moonstone's witches however are either All the gowns are based from a basegame mesh OR Epiphany at Garden of Shadows has made the Elder, Adult, and Teen versions of all my witch gowns default replacements available here non MTS2 link.
I'm confused about What exact mesh her witch textures use... do her witch textures use Basegame meshes or Epiphany's?

Lab Assistant
#10 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 1:20 AM Last edited by jvms20 : 15th Oct 2017 at 1:21 AM. Reason: Confusing wording
I believe they use basegame mesh, the only exception being the child witch textures that use another creators mesh. The default replacements epiphany made are from basegame too. All they did was make it into a DR.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 9:05 PM
An easy way to find out if the mesh your clothing recolor is linked to is CC or Maxis:
Open the clothing recolor in SimPE.
1. In the Resource Tree select 3D ID Referencing File (3IDr)
2.Choose the file in Resource List
3 Select Resorce node
4. If the Group Number is 0x1C0532FA then it's Maxis made. If it is 0x1C050000 then it's CC
Screenshots