Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 7:42 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Install vacation subhood with Mac
I am playing on a Mac computer, trying to install a vacation subhood. I can't find the right place to put the file. I've googled and searched around in my computer but to no avail. Currently I have it in applications/sims 2 super collection/contents/home/TSData/Res/Neighborhood template but it isn't showing up. The uploader said that the neighborhood template folder should have some others in it, and the one I found doesn't.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rarr
I am playing on a Mac computer, trying to install a vacation subhood. I can't find the right place to put the file. I've googled and searched around in my computer but to no avail. Currently I have it in applications/sims 2 super collection/contents/home/TSData/Res/Neighborhood template but it isn't showing up. The uploader said that the neighborhood template folder should have some others in it, and the one I found doesn't.

I am not sure as I have not added a vacation subhood, however I have added sub-hood versions of Veronaville, Riverblossom Hils. and Pleasantview to my Main Neighborhood of Strangetown and they work fine.

So that said try inside this path:

/Applications/The Sims 2: Super Collection.app/Contents/Home/Expansion Packs/Bon Voyage/TSData/Res/NeighborhoodTemplate

BTW if you get strange loading errors with wire frame pics, missing sims, etc. go and read this article that explains how it is all related and then if it fits go to my link in my signature and apply the fix there.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.