Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 2:52 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Mods not working
Hello!
My problem with my game is that my mods dont work, but cc such as hair and clothes work fine. I have Sims 2 Ultimate Collection.
I have ACR, I dont see the menu when I click a sim, and same thing is happening with inteen too, although I did make sure that I have the correct version,and put the inteen g file in fun with pets/SP9/TsData/Res/Overrides. I had notownieregen, it worked fine in the beginning, around two days ago I removed it , played my game (in a neighborhood I never played with) and then put it back, and the townies keep spawning.MQ's Hacked Computer does not work too! I am not sure what the problem is, because I'm putting them all in my downloads folder. I also have other mods, but they're not working too.
Any help is highly appreciated.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 3:29 PM
Forgive me for asking, as the probable answer is "of course," but it's amazing what people forget to do, or their computers do without their knowledge, sometimes. Are you absolutely certain that CC is enabled? Hair and clothes don't require specific enabling, but interactable objects and behavior changing hacks do.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 4:14 PM Last edited by Galetasai : 26th Oct 2017 at 5:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Forgive me for asking, as the probable answer is "of course," but it's amazing what people forget to do, or their computers do without their knowledge, sometimes. Are you absolutely certain that CC is enabled? Hair and clothes don't require specific enabling, but interactable objects and behavior changing hacks do.

I have just checked in my game, and cc is already enabled.
Alchemist
#4 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 5:17 PM
Did you make sure that the 'Display Custom Content Dialog at Startup" option is disabled?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Did you make sure that the 'Display Custom Content Dialog at Startup" option is disabled?

Yes, I did.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 6:37 PM
Why would you want to disable it? I've never disabled it, and it interferes with nothing.

However, that's neither here nor there for the problem, which is indeed a puzzling one. It's common for mods to interfere with each other, but for all of them to interfere so thoroughly that none of them work is a bit much.

Try this. Take out all your mods. Replace one, then test to see if it works. If it doesn't, set it aside and add another one by itself. If it does, add another one without taking out the first one, and test. Repeat till you think you find a pattern or a clue you can follow up.

Yes, some of these you'll be challenged to find a simple testing method for - especially since one possible result is that some functions of complex mods like ACR and Inteen work and others don't. Start with the simple ones and hope they give you the clue that will make it unnecessary to test the big ones! To test spawn suppressors, you can disable the Neighborhood Templates in the TSData/Res folders (Not sure exactly where they are in the UC) by renaming them, and generate an empty test hood. Confirm that it's empty by checking the Characters folder. (If you miss a template you'll get Hobby leaders or strays or something during creation.) Then you can go do things that would normally spawn new characters, and see if they spawn.

Maybe somebody else'll come along with a better idea; but that's what I'd do in such a situation. I'd also be looking for something I did in a moment of absence of mind or confusion, and for things that might be going wrong with the computer rather than with the game software. Not that I have any suggestions; but game problems are sometimes exterior to the game.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#7 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Why would you want to disable it? I've never disabled it, and it interferes with nothing.

It's included in the wiki checklist of things to do if your mods don't work because it does interfere for some of us.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 11:11 PM
Most of us have that disabled Peni, because it halts loading and is not needed. That screen however has nothing to do with your mods working or not.

Another really silly question, did you unzip all of your mods?

Can you take a screenshot of your downloads folder?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#9 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 11:30 PM Last edited by omglo : 26th Oct 2017 at 11:47 PM.
From personal experience, that option can result in your CC not working, not just in slowing loading. Why, I don't know, but I followed the CC troubleshooting wiki, and that was the thing that did the trick.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 12:27 AM
Odd, it shouldn't have anything to do with it. Never has for me. Do you have a link?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#11 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 12:49 AM
This is the instructional page I mentioned. http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:GCCTSU2

I was at my wit's end, because I'd already done the usual stuff, like enabling CC and making sure the Downloads folder had the capital D, and nothing. Then, lo and behold, that weird seemingly random suggestion fixed it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 1:24 AM
Where you able to turn off the screen thing after you got the cc working? I was always told that was merely to tell a player that they had installed non EA content and that it had nothing to do with it working. I turned mine off pretty much straight away and never had an issue with it. I would hate to have that silly screen to continually pop up.

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#13 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 1:29 AM
Oh no, the page tells you to turn the screen off if you have NL or higher. I had my pop up screen on, and the CC didn't show up. So, I followed the instructions and disabled the screen, and my CC started working.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 1:44 AM
Disabling the CC display to make CC show up might be a UC thing. I've got the CC display showing, and have no troubles getting CC to show up (I only have individual CD/DVDs). The only troubles I've had with the screen is the few times I've accidentally clicked "yes" to disabling CC, but that's a while ago. That's probably why you may want to turn it off...

One thing that can work is to enable CC multiple times until it sticks. If that doesn't work, you can try to enable CC, save while on a lot, then quit and reload.

Also make sure the Downloads folder is in the Documents/My Documents area. If you've put it in the game files (Program Files) or if you have Win7 (possibly 8/10, too) and have put the Downloads folder in the second EAgames folder (the one with the Libraries path, not the one with the Documents path), the game won't read the Downloads folder.

You'll also want to make sure the files are not subfoldered too deep. If the file paths are too long, the files won't show.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 4:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Most of us have that disabled Peni, because it halts loading and is not needed. That screen however has nothing to do with your mods working or not.

Another really silly question, did you unzip all of your mods?

Can you take a screenshot of your downloads folder?

I did unzip all of my mods
I sent my mods folder, because I organize them into subfolders, and I also attached a image of my downloads folder.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#16 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 4:19 AM
I'm presuming you've already disabled the loading screen CC notice, checked "on" for Catalogs Display Custom Content and enabled CC in-game (Game Options). I'm also presuming you tried a few times.

If THAT doesn't work, there is the possibility you might have to alter the game files. I had to do this when I started a new game for the contest. Try as I might, I could not get modded items (such as the Blender) to show up. This may not apply to you because you apparently can see Monique's computer in your catalog ... you just can't use it properly. Either that, or you're seeing just the Maxis computer without the asterisk. I'm not sure.

Anyway, here is the guide. It may be a little scary changing the files like this, but it's not as bad as it may sound. If you're nervous, back up the user.Props file first.

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:GCCTSU3

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 4:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Galetasai
Hello!
I have ACR, I dont see the menu when I click a sim, and same thing is happening with inteen too, although I did make sure that I have the correct version,and put the inteen g file in fun with pets/SP9/TsData/Res/Overrides. I had notownieregen, it worked fine in the beginning, around two days ago I removed it , played my game (in a neighborhood I never played with) and then put it back, and the townies keep spawning.

I just want to check and make sure that you are trying to access ACR correctly. When you click on the a Sim, there should be a menu with tons of stuff ... Jump Rope, Pose, Entertain, etc. In that menu, you should see something that says ADJUST. Clicking on that option should give you the Spawn Adjuster option. I think it will show up on the lot as phone books, but you can change it to a few other things if you wish. Mine is a rose bush.

As for the notownieregen. My guess is that it's working correctly. You are not getting newly spawned townies. Instead, when you played without it, the game created a set of townies and those are the ones that you are randomly seeing here and there now that you've added the mod back in. They've been in the background and are just now showing up on lots, but not spawning new.

No idea about Inteen or Monique's computer since I have never used those mods.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 4:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Disabling the CC display to make CC show up might be a UC thing. I've got the CC display showing, and have no troubles getting CC to show up (I only have individual CD/DVDs). The only troubles I've had with the screen is the few times I've accidentally clicked "yes" to disabling CC, but that's a while ago. That's probably why you may want to turn it off...

One thing that can work is to enable CC multiple times until it sticks. If that doesn't work, you can try to enable CC, save while on a lot, then quit and reload.

Also make sure the Downloads folder is in the Documents/My Documents area. If you've put it in the game files (Program Files) or if you have Win7 (possibly 8/10, too) and have put the Downloads folder in the second EAgames folder (the one with the Libraries path, not the one with the Documents path), the game won't read the Downloads folder.

You'll also want to make sure the files are not subfoldered too deep. If the file paths are too long, the files won't show.

The downloads folder is in the documents area, I have subfolders, but they're not deep.
I tried your solutions, but my mods still do not work.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 4:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMelissa
I just want to check and make sure that you are trying to access ACR correctly. When you click on the a Sim, there should be a menu with tons of stuff ... Jump Rope, Pose, Entertain, etc. In that menu, you should see something that says ADJUST. Clicking on that option should give you the Spawn Adjuster option. I think it will show up on the lot as phone books, but you can change it to a few other things if you wish. Mine is a rose bush.

As for the notownieregen. My guess is that it's working correctly. You are not getting newly spawned townies. Instead, when you played without it, the game created a set of townies and those are the ones that you are randomly seeing here and there now that you've added the mod back in. They've been in the background and are just now showing up on lots, but not spawning new.

No idea about Inteen or Monique's computer since I have never used those mods.

I don't see ADJUST when I click my sim.
Thanks for clearing up the problem with notownieregen!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 4:51 AM Last edited by Galetasai : 27th Oct 2017 at 5:09 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
I'm presuming you've already disabled the loading screen CC notice, checked "on" for Catalogs Display Custom Content and enabled CC in-game (Game Options). I'm also presuming you tried a few times.

If THAT doesn't work, there is the possibility you might have to alter the game files. I had to do this when I started a new game for the contest. Try as I might, I could not get modded items (such as the Blender) to show up. This may not apply to you because you apparently can see Monique's computer in your catalog ... you just can't use it properly. Either that, or you're seeing just the Maxis computer without the asterisk. I'm not sure.

Anyway, here is the guide. It may be a little scary changing the files like this, but it's not as bad as it may sound. If you're nervous, back up the user.Props file first.

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:GCCTSU3

Thanks alot! My mods work now, turns out, in the config, ''disable custom objects'' was false.
Thanks to everyone for the help!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#21 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 5:27 AM
Great to hear.

~Call me Jo~