Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#126 Old 20th Dec 2013 at 7:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
I tried to watch an episode of American Horror Story and was so sickened that I couldn't. The episode involved torture and was so over the top that watching it for the story wasn't worth the feelings of anger and powerlessness it generated in me. I guess it is well-written. Oh well.

I agree, sometimes it's just too much. I assume you watched the past season, Asylum. That was very powerful and sickening, sometimes scary.
The current season, Coven, is more "fun". It's basically two covens of witches fighting against each other: even though there still are those gory moments (it's AHS after all!) it's much more enjoyable also from a dialogue point of view. It doesn't make you as uneasy and anxious as Asylum did.

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Advertisement
Theorist
#127 Old 20th Dec 2013 at 2:58 PM
Past few months, I've been getting caught up on Mad Men, Dexter, Luther, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Downton Abbey, and Sons of Anarchy. I'm a season behind on Boardwalk Empire, The Walking Dead, and Homeland. Will probably knock those out after New Year.

Also been watching the Nova's Making Stuff series on PBS, hosted by David Pogue. I'm really enjoying that series and learning interesting and fascinating things. It's making me consider a career change.

Resident wet blanket.
Mad Poster
#128 Old 21st Dec 2013 at 1:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gabrymato
I agree, sometimes it's just too much. I assume you watched the past season, Asylum. That was very powerful and sickening, sometimes scary.
The current season, Coven, is more "fun". It's basically two covens of witches fighting against each other: even though there still are those gory moments (it's AHS after all!) it's much more enjoyable also from a dialogue point of view. It doesn't make you as uneasy and anxious as Asylum did.
Thanks for that. Maybe I'll give it another go. Outside of the disturbing story, the rest of the elements of the show were intriguing.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Field Researcher
#129 Old 22nd Dec 2013 at 6:12 PM
At the moment I have three favourite shows: Arrow, Almost Human and Nikita, that sadly has only one episode left.
Others I watch: CSI, Criminal Minds, The Mentalist, Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D., Dracula, Continuum, Unforgettable, Crossing Lines, Defiance, Falling Skies, The Walking Dead, Rookie Blue, Sherlock, Strike Back and Vera.

HK-47: Objection: I am not a problem, meatbag. You and your lack of any organized repair skills are a problem.
Scholar
#130 Old 22nd Dec 2013 at 10:37 PM
Real Housewives of Atlanta.
Top Secret Researcher
#131 Old 1st Jan 2014 at 5:44 PM
I watched the Christmas special for doctor who, it was not great.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Lab Assistant
#132 Old 2nd Jan 2014 at 3:16 AM
I'm currently obsessed with The Walking Dead and Modern Family. Basically, the only shows I care about aside from reality tv.
Scholar
#133 Old 3rd Jan 2014 at 8:32 PM
Frasier. It's such nostalgia to watch these old shows from the 90's. It's actually from the 80's but it ended in mid 90's.
Lab Assistant
#134 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 6:42 AM Last edited by JayKenz : 18th Jan 2014 at 6:43 AM. Reason: Careless typo.
Roseanne.

Since they've totally removed Leslie Winkle from TBBT, I've gotta get my Johnny & Sara fix elsewhere. Turns out, I love Darlene and David to pieces.
Mad Poster
#135 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 8:32 PM
I watched all 22 episodes of Ringer in three days. If I didn't need sleep, it would have taken less time. Very addictive.

Right now I'm checking out Undeclared, a sit-com about college freshmen. It stars the guy who played Hiccup in How to Train Your Dragon. It's cute.

Pitbulls and Parolees - this is not as bad as it sounds. The show is about a rescue center for pitbulls. The people who work there are parolees because the owner realized that they needed jobs and no one else would hire them. Each episode deals with rescues, day to day operations, and usually the process of interviewing potential adopters and placing the animals with them.

Test Subject
#136 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 10:01 PM
For now I am obsessed with the show Sherlock that comes on BBC. Its very exciting and I am always on the edge of my seat!
Inventor
#137 Old 19th Jan 2014 at 6:58 AM
@VerDeTerre , I really enjoyed Undeclared also , I got into it after watching Freaks and Geeks on Netflix. I read the wiki entry for Ringer, which I'd never heard of and think I'll give that a shot too.

I'm looking forward to episode two of True Detective on HBO tomorrow , loved the first one.

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Mad Poster
#138 Old 19th Jan 2014 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MOOKIEBLAYLOCK
@VerDeTerre , I really enjoyed Undeclared also , I got into it after watching Freaks and Geeks on Netflix. I read the wiki entry for Ringer, which I'd never heard of and think I'll give that a shot too.

I'm looking forward to episode two of True Detective on HBO tomorrow , loved the first one.

You know, I've yet to watch Freaks and Geeks and it seems like it was such an iconic show. Thanks for the recommendation. I'll have to check that one out. When Ringer was first broadcast, I watched part of an episode. Starting in the middle of the episode and in the middle of the series just didn't make sense. The plot is full of twists and you have to watch it from the beginning.

Alchemist
#139 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 4:51 PM
At the moment I am working my way through Mom and Once Upon A Time cos I have caught up with The Walking Dead

Whatever people consider to be normal, it never is.
My Simblr
My Youtube
Lab Assistant
#140 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 5:48 AM
EastEnders
Home And Away
Doctor Who
Grand Designs Australia
Stargate Atlantis (DVDs, seeing as they were f**kers and cancelled it)
Full House (Childhood that I can't let go of)

That's pretty much all I watch, really. Really like The Walking Dead, but I'm not sure how I'm going to was series 4 yet; channel 5 (UK channel) haven't bought it again, so I'm going to have to find alternative arrangements.
Mad Poster
#141 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 10:55 AM
Orange is the New Black is compelling and I'm looking forward to season 2. The main character is based on the true experiences (with some fiction thrown in, of course) of the woman who writes the show.

I watched about 10 episodes of Twisted. I can't exactly say it was good because it's not overly so, but it is mildly interesting. The plot is anyway and each episode leaves you wondering if you understand one of the main characters better or not. Of course, we all want to know why he killed his aunt when he was just a kid. The worst part about the show is that it is on ABCFamily which only allows viewers to see it online if they subscribe to a cable station or have itunes or some similar ($$$) device, unlike other stations which allow you to watch current episodes of their shows online without all of that. So...until the rest of it shows up on Netflix, those 10 episodes are it for me.

Now I'm following Touched, which I'm enjoying for the most part. I like the various elements as they come together, the ideas and story lines, the characters and the actors, as well as the opening music. I'm not overly thrilled with their characterization of the child as one with autism because it doesn't fit what I know of autism. The fist couple of episodes were strong and the themes were universal and diverse. Now a sinister plot is slowly being developed, pitting good guys against bad. This is a step down in my opinion from the way the show began, but it's still interesting.

Instructor
#142 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 3:58 PM
Now that American Horror Story: Coven is over I have nothing to obsess over anymore! I'd like to start seeing some teen drama like The OC or 90210. I loved those even though they were pretty lame

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Scholar
#143 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 4:01 PM
The walking dead at now is my favorite
Test Subject
#144 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 3:06 AM
Default TV show more like an Anime..
Durarara, Nabari No Ou, and Bleach.
Lab Assistant
#145 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 4:56 AM
Currently, Hangin' With Mr. Cooper re-runs . Also, Grimm, The Big Bang Theory, and Doctor Who .

Posting all generations of The Sims, from the first through the foruth.
Mad Poster
#146 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 11:08 PM
Watching Drop Dead Diva and irritated that I missed episodes 1 & 2 of the latest season! Sometimes, the characters irritate me, but overall I them and the story lines, although they are getting to feel a bit old.

Before Diva, I started watching Chuck and got up to about season 3. I didn't take to it immediately, but since watching it from the beginning, the humor is growing on me.

Test Subject
#147 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 1:58 AM
Catching up on Bob's Burgers. The Simpson's has kind of lost me recently, but this is an excellent replacement. I don't think there's a single character I don't like, but the kids are my favorites!

I also just got hooked on That Winter, The Wind Blows. I'm not normally into soap operas, but since this is only one season long it's fast-paced enough to keep my interest. Plus, there's gangsters! Hitmen! A rich blind girl engaged to a man she doesn't love! Also, her father is in a coma (of course)! The leading man was framed by his girlfriend for stealing 7.8 billion won! That's a lot of won! I just want everybody to be okay, my poor babies...
Mad Poster
#148 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 3:13 AM
The only ones I follow at the moment are Once Upon a Time and Grey's Anatomy. I'm waiting (impatiently) for a few to start, though.
Instructor
#149 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 3:26 AM
The Game of Thrones and a big Omg moment at the end of this weeks episode they never mentioned that in the books
Mad Poster
#150 Old 29th Apr 2014 at 3:23 AM
Undergrads. It's disappointing it got cancelled.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Page 6 of 21