Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 12:12 PM
Frumph, you rock!! thanks for this Tutorial.... I'm a SimPE newbie, altho long-time Simming veteran (yes I was hesitant to use hacks and modding programs until recently). This really helped a LOT... and exactly for what I needed to use it for, to recategorize some clothing that were in NUMEROUS categories.

It drove me nuts that I had to load like 2 dozen "gym suits" as the first things to appear in Adult Everyday wear. And don't even get me started on some (hi-quality) sexy thong bikinis binned as "athletic wear"....
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#77 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 4:10 AM Last edited by Liza495 : 29th Mar 2011 at 10:29 PM.
Thanks for this tutorial. However I failed at putting in practice over three times and only when I logged in to simscave for an illustrated tutorial (a little shorter), I managed to understand and it worked fine. At simscave, Charlotte also said that it's important to check the Recursive button and that just opening BodyShop helps the changes to apply directly. Mmh, I'd like very much to have direct conversions of some outfits for teens to female adults. I rarely download clothes for Sims that are not YA or AF (or YM-AM).

Oh no ! doesn't work for teen to adult conversion as I thought. But it's to bookmark anyway.
Test Subject
#78 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 12:16 PM
Okay I know this is really late and I have no idea if I'll even get an answer but after following your step by step instructions, I started the game and I noticed that the npc's outfits and certain clothes would show denim or some sort of fabric where there is skin, whenever I have my sim in buying mode or just regular game play. But when I'm looking at the actual character, there's no sign of the discrepancy. What's going on? I don't have npc outfits in my download and I don't have nude clothes. I do know a lot of my custom content uses semi see-through skin but nothing that should remain when the sim turns nude.... how can I fix this? I went through Sim PE, Download Organizer, and the Clean Pack Installer to find any orphan files or missing meshes and that was not an issue. HELP!!!!
Forum Resident
#79 Old 13th Apr 2013 at 2:19 PM Last edited by LaurellKH : 14th Apr 2013 at 7:22 PM.
Is this tutorial current with the last release of SimPE?

Answer my own question I know no one will come along after me is to long ago this was made. I am using the last SimPE (Vers 0.72.1.33855) to do this but I have so much clothing cc I cannot tell if working or not. But then I only went half way down my list and got tired of this project I maybe have over 700 clothes maybe even much more. What I notice is the SimPE I do not think is making the backup files (would they not say file extension .bak???). So everything I see says file extension .package. Perhaps this is the change to SimPE or I am missing something. If I can have the patience to do all I might see a difference when I play. I stopped also because I was thinking so much work would be a waste if something went wrong so I wanted to check at least at the half way point. I notice this as well because I organize my folders very very neatly. The Clean Installer did not take EVERYTHING that was clothing related. Yes, I followed instructions and really I already knew how to use Clean Installer this way so no saying I'm making stupid mistakes. I am only dealing with subject of categorizing clothes not to fit into more than just one (maybe two for coat-like outfits) category. I am not yet changing the elderly which is next project. I think to do everything at once would be a mistake because then you would not know what went wrong.

I tell you this much! I am in fear of nudes. I know I have them but I have yet to see them and instructions he said not to change nudes. This I got long ago so was not stored away so neatly. I have no idea where they might sneaky pop up and when you do over 400 click click click click your eyes blur. I might not see them in time.

What is good news is my game has not crashed for this effort.

It is common sense but I think he should have reminded everyone to back up before starting this project. Also probably good to clean cache.

I got a count on them. 1,528 clothing files for me. Whew.

Later I finally finished them all. A much improvement! Thank you for this. I see what it is that people make a mistake at but I did not make a mistake at. I never saw a nude not one but in game the nudes are just fine where they are suppose to be after I finished. But there is this box in SimPE right there next to what you do called "skin." I never clicked it but I can see how someone might accident because it is right in the middle of clickings. Thanks for warning. Thanks for this tut.

I did untic all elderly in a separate session (zipping up downloads and setting aside every session in case) that also was for youth. I do not like elderly wearing the same clothes as younger. It worked great.

I ran into some files SimPE did not like. They had no picture and the word "all" at the end of the file. I got a popup saying, "this cannot be saved." Nothing bad happened I just moved on to the next file.

Some things you do not want to change. Do not make an outfit preg or that university age between teen and adult. Do not put toddler/kid's clothes on a different age or the reverse. If clothes were not designed to shape that way they will look weird. But it is safe to make anything formal. I had nun and priest outfits that strangely did not include formal so I fixed. I took EVERYTHING else out of formal. That is where I will keep my wedding dresses and tux only. I cannot see what else custom formal would be used for! Now I can find my wedding clothes fast and easy.

If you do not know this you can get this mod to help with this kind of project: MaryLou & Numenor's "Shop-at-home" Hacked Coat Hook.

I could not figure out how to get the cheat to work was trying it in game. Turns out you have to be in CAS: link. You do not have to keep holding shift+n down. It is a switch that turns on tooltips you only need to do it once. It does NOT give you a file name so it's useless to help finding a single file when you have many. If you only have a few files it does tell you who made it and you have a chance of finding the file by guessing. ... New update on this thought: Delphy's Download Organiser shows Titles so it may not be so useless afterall.

If you sew your own custom clothes in game and keep track of where that is in your downloads (should have file name like SewnOutfits.package) it is maybe easier to separate those sewn files before you start this project. I am thinking they are the cause of the error popup in SimPE and I think maybe they are the ones called "all." Just to less the confusion set them aside. If you do not will not hurt anything. They cannot be altered by SimPE I think.

Just one last notation. If you made thumbnails with SimPE once you do not have to do it again. It remembers the thumbnails and shows them in an image box to the lower right corner on all later scans. Save yourself time and only do that once per scanned folder.

Page 4 of 4