Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 27th May 2012 at 6:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Hladgunnr
Every time I try to play it, it takes sixteen hours to load. When it does, it's boring.

Hladgunnr, EXACTLY! I bought a new laptop not even two years ago, and it has 3 gigs of ram on it. Well, lo and behold, suddenly the recommended ram-age for the newest TS3 EPs are higher than 3 GB. The game is SO SLOW.

Plus the game itself, I feel, is too over-complicted: and yes, it is closer to real life,but I feel this is largely what makes it less fun. It's more fun when you have something relatively close to real life and then you can go crazy over-the-top with it, like make elven-alien-mermaiden worlds.

I also think the graphics suck in TS3. Everybody looks the same. I definitely don't think it was worth the $40-something I spent.

I love TS2. Great for Machinima-making.
Advertisement
Banned
#52 Old 2nd Jun 2012 at 3:04 AM
I know right! I only had it for like a year and then it got not only boring but slow. I regret spending my money on it. I mean in sims 2 you can have 300 custom content stuff without it being slow. With sims 3 if you have 60 stuff it'll crash or take 30 hours to load. So it's no fun. Plus with sims 2 you can make awesome movies. Like this one! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ivkpVzgyRQ&feature=plcp (I highly suggest it )
Top Secret Researcher
#53 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 5:33 PM
its a lot harder to make make custom Objects, but its an awful lot easier to do recolours. thats my thoughts on this.

Just Call me Square!
Test Subject
#54 Old 4th Jul 2012 at 11:35 PM
Uncool! I play TS2 much more than TS3 and hell i'm also getting the original! TS3 bothers me, it's so slow :/ and just play boring after a bit.
Test Subject
#55 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 4:13 PM
You will find yourself going back to The Sims 2
I went online, supposedly Gamestop and read all the reviews people said about TS3, since I was thinking of upgrading from TS2, and many of the reviews were negative. I like TS2, way better. You have something to do every time you play, which is a pro. TS3 Sims look like they are made of clay, and they all look the same. Which, in TS2, There are a variety of different looking sims, in CAS, and thats what I like. I couldn't care less about the CreateAStyle in TS3, which I've been hearing a lot of pro's about. You could play on TS2 for hours on end, and not get bored. As with TS3, A lot of cons about its boring.
I do understand EA is getting very greedy. As supposed to creating a KatyPerry collection just to make more money. They really don't seem to care, as long as we buy the games and EPs, they become richer and richer. I'm sticking with TS2, and hopefully will stay with it. TS3, is just, blech.
Test Subject
#56 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 6:13 PM
definitely uncool. wish i never got it for the PS3.

Page 3 of 3