Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 5:45 AM
Default Build Mode changes in 1.3.18.1010
Some stuff that I noticed that isn't in the patch notes:

- The broken stair prices (due to I think dropwalls being calculated per step, not per unit) are fixed!

- Some new colour option for Cabin in the Woods and Clapboard Crush siding / Handscraped Wood floor / Unremarkable, Ladderlike and Modern Floating stairs / Mega fence and railing / Jutting and Inlaid exterior trim

- The 0/9 keyboard shortcuts (moving stuff up and down) are particularly useful for window placement IMO

Plus roof trim, window and door colour options as per the patch notes.

Anything else?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 6:39 PM Last edited by FakeHouses|RealAwesome : 8th Jan 2015 at 6:51 PM.
So sorry to dig up old threads, but I just noticed something that I think was changed in the last update.

It used to be that "attic" type rooms were not very usable because roofs didn't hide like they used to in TS3, and the workaround was to piece together the roof over and around the second level (as opposed to just putting one big roof piece over the first level to cover the second level as well). Even then, the second level was only viewable from certain angles. I've just noticed that this was fixed, or at least in Live Mode. You can see on my house that the roof obscures the attic level in Build Mode, as it did before, but drops completely in Live Mode.

Since it's been a few weeks since the last update I suppose I'm incredibly unobservant either way anyway, but does anyone know for sure whether this was changed in the last patch? (sorry for the useless post if this always the case and I never noticed!) In any event I'm kicking myself for not realizing this
Screenshots

My Simblr is FakeHouses|RealAwesome
Check out my Sim re-creations of 1920s kit homes:
The Shadow Lawn ||| The Plaza ||| The Trenton
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 7:03 PM
Not useless =)

This has been changed in *one of* the latest patches, but I don't remember for sure which one. It was already like that (in Live mode) when I uploaded this house http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=541404 but not when I built it.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 8:02 PM
Ah, gotcha, good to know! I'm happy to have usable attics, even though I'm a month and a half late to the party :P

My Simblr is FakeHouses|RealAwesome
Check out my Sim re-creations of 1920s kit homes:
The Shadow Lawn ||| The Plaza ||| The Trenton