Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 12:11 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Converted Patterns Not Displaying Correctly
I used Ktar's Pattern Hoarder Tutorial to convert patterns made with CAP to package files and thought it had gone well. Some of the patterns turned out fine while others looked like they had spots missing from the pattern and have patches of gray space. I would like to know where I went wrong and how to fix the issue.
I've also had this problem where the same pattern thumbnail shows up multiple times as a sort of place holder for patterns that weren't converted/ installed correctly (I assume). I had this issue before I converted my s3pack files and it has continued after the conversion process. This black and white flower pattern seems to be the new placeholder.
Any recommendations would be wonderful
Thank you in advance.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 10:32 PM
I think there might be more to the process. Read this tutorial - https://ohmysims.tumblr.com/post/122673018070
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KatyFernlily
I think there might be more to the process. Read this tutorial - https://ohmysims.tumblr.com/post/122673018070

Thanks for the response, but it appears that this process is identical to ktar's.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 17th Apr 2019 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hearts_In_Loe
Thanks for the response, but it appears that this process is identical to ktar's.

Test Subject
#5 Old 18th Apr 2019 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hearts_In_Loe
I used Ktar's Pattern Hoarder Tutorial to convert patterns made with CAP to package files and thought it had gone well. Some of the patterns turned out fine while others looked like they had spots missing from the pattern and have patches of gray space. I would like to know where I went wrong and how to fix the issue.
I've also had this problem where the same pattern thumbnail shows up multiple times as a sort of place holder for patterns that weren't converted/ installed correctly (I assume). I had this issue before I converted my s3pack files and it has continued after the conversion process. This black and white flower pattern seems to be the new placeholder.
Any recommendations would be wonderful
Thank you in advance.

Hey! So I can only be of limited help until I can access my desktop computer, but maybe I can point you in the right direction?

Anytime you’re seeing the same image for multiple patterns, this means there’s more than one pattern using the same ID number somewhere. This can mean the hex hash is the same on a pattern layer ID, but you will see the same behavior if the hex hash is the same for the Pattern Name ID. Ie: Two patterns, both with the same original name of: Ocean, will have conflicting Name ID hashes.

For patterns where the image is the correct pattern, but pieces of the pattern seem to be missing, this is usually caused by patterns with multiple recolorable layers. This usually means there are multiple 7edd images to alter ID’s for, but sometimes a pattern creator has given the pattern a custom specular or mask layer, and so those need to have their ID’s altered as well.

I hope that helps. I apologize some of this isn’t in the tutorial, because I discovered it after the fact and haven’t yet updated the tutorial.
Test Subject
#6 Old 18th Apr 2019 at 8:51 PM
Key things to remember are: ALL the ID numbers have to be distinct and different. So each layer and name ID in a pattern needs to be different both within that pattern and distinctly different from the ID numbers in every other packaged pattern.

(Unless the same image is used. Most patterns use the identical mask and specular layers, for instance, so these often don’t require changing.)

Images appearing incorrectly can also mean layers are appearing in the wrong order, but I’ve yet to have that happen if I make sure to use the trick about putting 1a 2b, etc. on the ends of the layer names (I think that part IS in the tutorial?).

The only other thing I could think of is if you’re forgetting to click the button to generate the new ‘hashed Number ID’ out of the new ‘text name’ for the pattern layers. The text names are just a starting point used to generate the number ‘hash’.