Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#2826 Old 22nd Jul 2016 at 5:02 PM Last edited by TheFlyingRaccoon : 22nd Jul 2016 at 9:20 PM.
@VioletPadfoot Here is a work-around for the box links: http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/....php?f=2&t=7929

And I would love to here more about your plant sims. =)

Visit My Test of Time Challenge: wordpress & livejournal
Advertisement
Inventor
#2827 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 12:53 AM
Oh! I totally forgot that workaround! Thank you! *runs off to download before returning to the thread*

And the plantsims. I'm gonna stick it under a spoiler so anyone who wants to skip it can do so.

Now I'm off to go play some more. I completely forgot how much I loved these guys while I was off playing my ISBI challenge. ~VP

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com
Instructor
#2828 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 3:57 AM
@VioletPadfoot I have no idea why the link did that, I could have sworn I just copied and pasted it -.- Thanks for letting me know it's fixed now.

I love what you're planning with your plantsims. A seperate plant society sounds like it would be a ball to play. Will you be making sims born to plantsims in normal families also genetically plant sims or will they remain as normal sims.

Visit my ToT challenge here.
Inventor
#2829 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 5:30 AM
Honestly? I don't know. The idea is still growing, and at the speed it takes me to play, it still has a long while before it needs to be anywhere near finalized. But I think it'll just be sims that have two plantsim parents that will be genetic plantsims. And I'll probably end up flipping a coin or rolling a die to determine if a sim born to just one plant parent inherits the planty-ness at adult. ~VP

Instructor
#2830 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 12:09 PM
Thank you for the answer Ibsgirl24. Nice work everybody , you all have authentic homes, but mines are just simple houses with cheap furniture. xD I'll show it if you are interested .
Lab Assistant
#2831 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LiliLiliLili
Thank you for the answer Ibsgirl24. Nice work everybody , you all have authentic homes, but mines are just simple houses with cheap furniture. xD I'll show it if you are interested .

...excuse me?
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-vHW6cgBA...00/Johnson1.png
Lab Assistant
#2832 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 2:38 AM
I made a Sims 3 Conversion.
Inventor
#2833 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 4:15 AM
@LiliLiliLili : simple is perfectly fine. My first attempt at the challenge, the house was one large room that was large enough to hold two double beds, a crib or two and a bench (all the cheapest possible) with a tiny 2x2 room in the corner for the toilet, and only so that once my families were bigger, I didn't have to deal with as much bathroom shooing. My current house was developed to minimize the number of people that needed shooing at any given time, be it either for bathroom/shower usage or woohooing. Also did anyone else know that if a child is using the shower that came with uni, an older sim will refuse to enter that room? At least that's how it happens in my game. It was keeping my sims from getting to the toilet for a while until I figured it out and tossed some floor edging down to make the shower a separate room.

@ebflover777 : are you going to share our progress? I like seeing frogsnack's s3 conversion, I'd love to see yours too ~VP

Instructor
#2834 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 5:26 AM
@VP That makes a lot of sense as to how you'll be deciding whether a sim is a plantsim or not. Hopefully your game doesn't get (even more) overrun with them. That's interesting about sims shooing other sims from the bathroom. I installed a no privacy mod for my historical hoods ages ago so sims can use a shrub toilet etc without getting mad at the sims on the other side of the lot.

@LiliLiliLili there's nothing wrong with a simple room. I think with my current setup I kept having to go back and fiddle with things to make them work properly. Like I forgot to put a door on the invisible room that protects the toddler tent and I had to spend ages hunting for a cc shower that looked appropriate and worked with my cold showers mod (as that's the main way my sims cool down). I would have saved myself a lot of headaches if I'd bit the bullet and given them a simple room house. At least then everything would have worked properly from the start.

Funnily enough I'm going to be switching over to simple rooms when my sims have enough materials and enough logic skills to build a room that won't fall on their heads.

Speaking of unlocking houses this time round I'm using a basic unlock system for various things my sims need so I can get a feel of technological advancement over time. I'm actually toying with the idea of not moving to Roman (crazy, I know) until certain things are unlocked. I thought I'd share what I came up with here under the spoiler if anyone's interested.

Lab Assistant
#2835 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 8:06 AM
It's been a while since I showed everyone here my posts! I'll just link all of posts since I've written a couple.
http://randomblogwithrandomstuff246...est%20of%20Time
Lab Assistant
#2836 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 8:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lbsgirl24
@VP
Writing: When a sim maxes logic and creativity they develop language and become literate. They will open a school and join the education career. School will be unlocked, sims who spend more than a season in school will be literate. One generation on everyone (perhaps only in specific classes) will be allowed to use skill books.[/spoiler]

I think I might use this when my second generation kids become adults. (Yay, double post.)
Instructor
#2837 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 11:42 AM
My houses

Test Subject
#2838 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 8:39 PM Last edited by ShadowBringer : 29th Jul 2016 at 1:56 PM.
I'm definately going to do this challenge on the Sims 3. It shouldn't make a difference to the actual challenge. It sounds really fun!

Update: I think I might need to make some things again. One of my families decided to adopt a dog and two puppies within the first three days! Now I can't access them via edit town so will have to delete them from the town and place them again. My couples are also being very picky about trying for babies. I only have one pregnant woman out of the five couples. I have been playing for about an hour in real time.. You don't realise how annoyed I am about this.

Problem update ( mainly so I don't make a new post): I got it working, however farming is no longer an option. Everytime someone adopts a stupid pet, it makes it so I can no longer play as that family, so I have to bulldoze the lot, put the exact same lot back in its place and move the family back in. The only problem is that it resets the plants so they aren't fully grown. I could just pretend there is a really big pest problem and it's destroying the crops but I don't like making a lie out of something annoying. I only have one family that haven't had this problem yet. Yay.

On the up-side, all of my female sims are pregnant or ave given birth. I have found a method of getting them pregnant without them having a go at the other sim. I am currently waiting for one child to be born, then every woman has had a child. I spend barely any time with each family, only popping in to make them pregnant, but now I think I will be able to play as each family more and learn about each person. I will start typing the story in a new post at somepoint.
Inventor
#2839 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 7:41 AM Last edited by VioletPadfoot : 27th Jul 2016 at 6:39 AM.
Lili, I like that all your houses aren't the same, it must make things more interesting when your houses aren't a carbon copy of one another. However, I hate having to build, so the less I do it, the better. ~VP

Edit to Avoid Double Post: As much as I hate to build, that's exactly what I'm focused on right now. I decided that my Plantsim Clans needed their own special lots, and have spent the last few days looking at every single tent download I could find to find ones that I wanted to use. I blame the tent obsession on lbsgirl linking me to the tents the same time as my plantsims decided to write their own story. Having finally decided on which ones I want to use, I spent my evening building the lot for one of the clans, and boy am I glad I decided to playtest it in my test hood first, 'cause there's a lot that I either forgot to put in there, or stuff just doesn't function the way I thought it would. Nothing that I can't fix with an hour or two of work, but right now I am so tired of digging in my buy mode catalog for the one thing I know is in there somewhere. I'll work on it tomorrow after I get home after the class I have to take for my rl job. But when I'm done the lots will look so awesome. At least as long as they come out like they're appearing in my head. And they just might inspire me to remake the lot for the regular sims. ~VP

Instructor
#2840 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 1:27 PM
@shadowbringer let us know how you go, I'd love to see some updates.

I'm sorry XD
Let me know if you share pictures on your blog or anything, I'd love to see how your lot turns out. I feel you with building, I didn't test my neanderthal lot and I had to change so many things -- again and again and again. Oh joy! -- when I was first getting my sims settled in. Although we're it looks like we're moving in opposite directions XD You're excited over tents while I'm jumping for joy because one of my families (finally) earned a little hut =D

Is anyone else playing with the oldest child inherits regardless of gender? Things are starting to get messy now that my sims are teens and starting to choose spouses. It would be great if my female heirs wouldn't pick the male heirs and vice versa =/

Field Researcher
#2841 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 6:44 PM
Well, until now I only had it in one case: Thalia and Jasper. Thalia was the Earth heir and Jasper the Stone heir. But as only Thalia was in love, I decided that she would give up her position and as the Earths have enough girls that was no problem. Not that Stones wouldn't have enough boys, too. ^^"

I guess, you basically have to decide whether or not heirs can give up their position and if yes, how you decide who's the one giving it up. I think whether the sims are in love and also their personalities would be the main criteria here.

Inventor
#2842 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 11:54 PM
My eldest Male inherits the lot. Mostly so that I don't have issues with a female and male heir being paired up. And because all my females are taking the male name upon marriage and I don't want to edit household names in SimPE so that they match the sims actually living there, nor do I feel like clogging up my neighborhood with excess character files when my sims are perfectly capable of giving me more than enough of those.

As to the tents, they're for plantsims, and I feel like since they're moving away from the normal sims, they'd also move away from the wooden huts those sims are using, hence the tents, since I need some form of shelter for their children. Now I'm off to Buy and Build Modes. Once I have a working lot, I'll pop a picture or two up here. Pics will also be on the Neanderthal Page of my site once that updates. ~VP

Field Researcher
#2843 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 2:14 AM
@VioletPadfoot Story lines that practically develop on their own are always awesome. I'm looking forward to see your new lots. ^_^

And I actually had an idea today for something that could be quite useful. The ToT simmers are spread over several platforms. Some, like me, being on wordpress, others on blogspot and so on. And because of this, it can be quite hard to keep track of new updates. Of course, it's mostly the people who are active in the thread who are also updating their blogs regularly, but it would still be nice to have a place solely for linking our updates. Maybe just a separate thread here on MTS?

I'm just not quite sure in which category we could put that thread? Here in the challenge section? Or in the general sims 2 section? Or even the story section? Or has anyone another idea where we could do this?

Inventor
#2844 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 5:50 AM
Having a separate thread for "hey I updated" posts would be nice, if only to keep them separated from the normal chatter in this thread, and to keep them from being accidentally missed. But I really don't know which category we would put it in.

Also, attached are several pics of the lot my Julex Plantsim Clan will be living on. They're mostly going to be comprised of Romance Sims. The bathing tent (the one with the room dividers in front) and the toddler sleeping tent (directly next to it) are fully enclosed in invisible rooms, and there are invisible walls on any part of the tent walls of the other two where I didn't want sims walking through. These tents came from Sunni's Medieval Market set, as does the "counter" in the kitchen tent. For which I had to locate my OSMPs in order to make it usable as counters. The Axlin clan uses a tent converted by Sunni from Skyrim, and a wooden pavilion that Sunni made some recolors for. And the Myral Clan will use wiccandove's yurts along with a tent (more like tarp on sticks, which is exactly what I wanted and why I had to search through every single tent download) from someone, can't rightly remember who right now, over on TSR. The Axlin Clan is/will be comprised of mostly Popularity sims, and the Myral Clan is mostly Family Sims. Each clan's lot is going to be tailored towards the type of sim living on it. The Myral lot is going to have a lot more stuff geared towards childraising (like possibly some wooden playground equipment). The Julex's have a hammock in concession to their woohootyness. I may or may not have to add some floor edging to make that a separate room. I don't use hammocks enough to know if it'll be necessary. Anyway, here's one of the lots. I might save the other two for when they start getting used. I am inordinately proud of the fact that this one came out close to what I was picturing for it. It's probably all the trees that do that... ~VP
Screenshots

Instructor
#2845 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 5:07 AM
I think I'll let heirs give it up if they want to and/or seem like the type to. A family sim that's very nice and not so serious probably would but a romance sim who's grouchy and very serious? Probably not. I've decided that inheritance is more generational than anything, so the founders will pass it on to all their children. The oldest child is just most likely to be in charge as they're older and are supposed to have more skills. I also think that once the oldest siblings dies (not that we'll be in Neanderthal then, I hope) it will filter down along their siblings, even if they have kids. Theoretically this means the person with most life experience will be in charge. Although some of my heirs are being bested by their seven year old siblings so age isn't everything XD Obviously this will all change when it comes to the Roman era.

I don't think I will be marrying off many sims this time. In my mind my sims don't exactly arrange marriages for their children. They do sometimes send kids to join another clan as a way of building ties between families but the kid isn't expected to be in a romantic relationship with anyone (although kids who want to be close to their significant other could do this). Marriage is a separate thing to political arrangements for my sims, it's basically a pact of exclusivity and/or that if anything happens to the other party you will look after their children. In game if sims are agreeing to both these things I'll have them get married, if they're only agreeing to the child part I'll probably just make a note somewhere and not have the sims married in game.

Now I'm thinking I'll have a few of the younger boys in each clan move in with other clans for the political side of things and then just see what romantic relationships and marriages form organically.

@TheFlyingRaccoon I think having a thread for updates is a great idea but I'm not sure where it would go either.

@VioletPadfoot your lot looks great

Field Researcher
#2846 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 12:35 PM
That seems like a really nice way to solve the problem. In my first attempt, all my 1st and 2nd generation sims were family sims, so the whole just pairing off and marrying was alright. But now that I'm playing with all aspirations it definitely feels more natural to not simply marry everyone off just for the sake of, well, marrying everyone off. It also makes for more interesting households. And less households. XD

I also had another idea that some of you with technology points or something along those lines may find interesting. I have ACR's risky woohoo set to 100% at the moment (which basically means they try for baby every time, whether they want or not) to reflect the lack of birth control. But I think I'm going to start substracting 2% for every progress point my sims earn. So, sims who grow up in a household with 4 points would have risky woohoo set to 92%. At the moment it won't make that much of difference, but it'll be a gradual change over the generations.

Actually, I'd like putting it in the challenge section, because it would be easiest to find for people who are interested in the challenge. I don't know whether the mods share my opinion, though. I think, I'll just put the thread there and make a little note that the thread can be moved somewhere else if it bothers anyone.

Lab Assistant
#2847 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 11:17 AM
Hey ALL! I have MTS log-in issues that took brain power to get around - but I made it! Now I can join in discussions and be super unhelpful again yaaay~ wow I missed a lot...........

@violetpadfoot - your lots look amazing

@TheFlyingRacoon - yes to the update thread! Can I be useful by suggesting something helpful about how to do that? Um... no, maybe... unless there's a new thread created under the Sims 2 discussion area that is something like Sims 2 Challenge Updates? Since it's not technically a challenge... Am I making sense? Stuff never comes out on screen how I'm thinking it in my head (why does she admit this in public I don't know just don't quote me please ) But wherever yes! Yes vote here!

@lbsgirl24 - eldest regardless of gender? I'm not even using the eldest as heir; such freedom! ok so I started a bit differently this time around, and almost got stuck in the "must marry everyone off" rut, but once I remembered what I was doing and just let my sims let their freak flag fly it was so much more refreshing to play again~

I'm very easy going right now with my second gens; they're being ridiculous which is always good fun - I've just had two sims get married who were 3 bolts and besotted... and then one dropped a bolt and decided no she didn't want to be married or have kids thanks very much, so she left >_> she then called her husband over for some good times where she not just casual woohoos but lets "try for a bub" hubby! I mean what?! (in case you're wondering, it was succesful) and they're completely devoted to each other despite living on separate lots - is this a personal space thing?! She's living with his brother! (and another couple but ya know) There's also me madly trying to get certain sims pregnant together with multiple tries (that fail!) while they all go and get preggers on their own to unwanteds with Risky Woohoo. I mean really... you guys... really...

I love my sims :lovestruc

taliah~ who is halfway through her second era booyeah
Instructor
#2848 Old 5th Aug 2016 at 6:25 PM
Since Sims 2 is laggy and Sims 4 is more appropiate for this laptop, I recreate my families in Sims 4. I gonna kill those who are already dead 'cause I want tombstones and memories for my sims.
Test Subject
#2849 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 4:03 PM
I'm part-way through the first generation of the Neanderthal stage and (I have to admit) it's going well. These are the families so far:

Eva Neander (Female - Married to George Neander - Skin 1) Rita Dark (Female - Married to Rolando - Skin 2)
George Neander (Male - Married to Eva Neander - Skin 1) Rolando Dark (Male - Married to Rita - Skin 2)
Marion Neander (Male - Skin 1) Jamie Dark (Female - Skin 2)
Jerad Neander (Male - Skin 1) Jenny Dark (Female - Skin 2)
Brianna Neander (Female - Skin 1)
Brook Neander (Female - Skin 1)

Tara Ages (Female - Married to Preston - Skin 4) Kirsten Romana (Female - Married to Stevie - Skin 4)
Preston Ages (Male - Married to Tara - Skin 4) Stevie Romana (Male - Married to Kirsten - Skin 4)
Jevon Ages ( Male - Skin 4) Allison Romana (Female - Skin 4)
Stacie Romana (Female - Skin 4)
Susan Mixed (Female - Married to Andres - Skin 4)
Andres Mixed (Male - Married to Susan - Skin 1)
Omar Mixed (Male - Skin 1)
Crag Mixed (Male - Skin 3)

As you can probably tell, I'm not the best with names and wasn't on the lot when most of the children were born, so they wre assigned random EA names. I would change these, but I'm too lazy. Maybe one day... My original Skin 3 family became Skin 4 when the Mixed baby gave birth to a child who was more like a Skin 3 than 4. As I am playing the sims 3, it isn't set what is a Skin 1, 2, 3 and 4 so I'm just going by what I think.
Lab Assistant
#2850 Old 13th Aug 2016 at 1:05 PM
I'm still in the first generation in the Neanderthals stage. My new post is ready! I was having problems finding my kid a friend who wasn't a townie so I decided to send him to school and pretended the school bus was an animal that gave kids really long rides and that the homework notebooks were leaves that the kids had to draw on, but drawing was boring because the kids had to make a LOT of details in the drawings. http://randomblogwithrandomstuff246...5-johnsons.html
Page 114 of 128