1 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#8876 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
It's actually pretty idiot-proof: http://modthesims.info/t/502306

I was able to do it with Emerald Heights, so you can see it's easy to do. I'm sure you can do it.

Looks complicated but, I guess it shouldn't stop me from trying and learning something new. I'll wait a while to see if one of the pros does it, before attempting. Thanks for the encouragement Sunbee.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Advertisement
Instructor
#8877 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 11:48 PM Last edited by DrewInTheSky : 10th Sep 2018 at 8:44 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by monijt1
Looks complicated but, I guess it shouldn't stop me from trying and learning something new. I'll wait a while to see if one of the pros does it, before attempting. Thanks for the encouragement Sunbee.

I've been using that tutorial plenty of times, it's easier than it looks like
Just read carefully each step and follow the tips Motilda gave us.
If you have any issues or things get to commplicted, I'm sure there are lots of people ready to help
Mad Poster
#8878 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 12:09 PM
Does it require SimPE? That program hates me and refuses to work with my computer.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Forum Resident
#8879 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 12:38 PM
I'd like an option for kids and teens which is kind of like a job - signing up for music lessons. Like, you could sign up on the computer and all that happens is the school bus drops your child off two hours late and they gain creativity skills. Lessons could cost money.

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Mad Poster
#8880 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
I'd like an option for kids and teens which is kind of like a job - signing up for music lessons. Like, you could sign up on the computer and all that happens is the school bus drops your child off two hours late and they gain creativity skills. Lessons could cost money.

https://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=519610
Mad Poster
#8881 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 2:48 PM
Oh interesting, I think it would be cool to make a scouting career like that as well.
Lab Assistant
#8882 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 2:49 PM
I don't know if someone talks about this yet but I want a mod that lets your Sim get some coffee while he/she playing or working with a laptop/PC. Boosts both energy and fun while playing, or boosts energy and get paid/gain a job performance while working. I googled it and found only a pose mod.

♒ Aquarius Sun, ♈ Aries Moon, ♈ Aries Rising

Sorry for my English :)
Mad Poster
#8883 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 9:27 PM
More fine-tune control of lighting (color and intensity). I want to be able to have streetlights illuminate a huge area with a harsher blue-white glare, and to be able to have candles only light up a small corner, with a dim yellow light.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Forum Resident
#8884 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
More fine-tune control of lighting (color and intensity). I want to be able to have streetlights illuminate a huge area with a harsher blue-white glare, and to be able to have candles only light up a small corner, with a dim yellow light.

There are folks who are working on it... Though, not many people have seemed to been able to decode the lighting fully, and the ones who did are sadly no longer active. @Numenor has that Artemide Chimera light , which was a great accomplishment, and @jgwhiteus had made a ton of progress digging through the lighting files , but never did upload the tutorial he had been working on. His last activity at MTS was in 2014, so i doubt it's forthcoming.

It IS Possible... I haven't really been able to make heads or tails of it... for one thing, I believe his last update was several versions of SimPE ago, because certain things he's talking about from SimPE, I cannot find ANYWHERE on my version of it, and I've installed the latest version.

So... There's SOME hope!! It's being looked at... but it's challenging, and it's kind of taken a back-burner to other excellent mods (i'm not tooting my own horn... i can't mod for shit! I'm talking about others who are tackling the challenge).

Perhaps one day Numenor or jgwhiteus will return with an excellent tutorial, and open a whole new modding avenue for us! ...Numenor's other tutorials have been an absolute GODSEND, as far as I'm concerned. ☺

I had another idea for a small mod that I'd like to see, and I completely forgot what it was... dammit! =\

-gE
>=)
Top Secret Researcher
#8885 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 7:25 AM
I'd wish adults could follow a uni major. I know teen prodigies (with insiminator) can.
I just wish it was possible for adults too.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Mad Poster
#8886 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 8:34 AM
There's Christianlov's Adults Go To College, but it'll reset their days left when they graduate.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#8887 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 3:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
There's Christianlov's Adults Go To College, but it'll reset their days left when they graduate.

Do you have a link? I'll check it out. I can change the days of the adult lifespan with insiminator.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Instructor
#8888 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
It's actually pretty idiot-proof: http://modthesims.info/t/502306

I was able to do it with Emerald Heights, so you can see it's easy to do. I'm sure you can do it.

Quote: Originally posted by DrewInTheSky
I've been using that tutorial plenty of times, it's easier than it looks like
Just read carefully each step and follow the tips Motilda gave us.
If you have any issues or things get to commplicted, I'm sure there are lots of people ready to help

I ending up putting my fear to the side and converting Sunset Valley. It's available on my Tumblr if anyone is interested.

Danies-Simsational-Blog’s Sunset Valley as a Subhood

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Mad Poster
#8889 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
Do you have a link? I'll check it out. I can change the days of the adult lifespan with insiminator.

Here's the big zip file: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8908.0

It appears in the catalog as a bulletin board. Put it up in the dorm that you want your adult to move into.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#8890 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 7:54 AM
Two of these are just minor wants, but I'd still be happy to see them someday:
  • a fix so that the sim your playable snuck out with will also receive the same memory of sneaking out and/or getting busted with your teen; the second half might vary since it's possible that the other found a way around the cops (and if you have a grouchy teen, maybe they get a furious state and a relationship hit for being caught while the other escaped?)
  • Memories for repo-men will only come once per visit and would reference the either the repo-men or self instead of every single taken object. Yeah, this second one is a bit strange and it makes sense that you'd remember losing the items more than the person taking them, but if you get regular visits and he takes several items each time, wow, the memory panel sure gets clogged up fast...
  • This last one is a doozy - I thought it'd be nice to have a local version of Laura's Out With the Bathwater for some hoods where you'd like to set water supply by lot. The global aspect works well with certain hoods, like apocalypse or medieval, but I thought it might be interesting to have options in other contexts as well, such as a run-down shack versus an upscale apartment in the same hood.
Mad Poster
#8891 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 2:08 PM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 12th Sep 2018 at 8:13 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 5444760, 5444737
Apartment door's rugs extracted as rug objects with a special function that could make any door an apartment unit would be an interesting take. Just plop it down adjacent to the door outside where is the lobby to choose as such. Certain flats, in parts of the world at least, don't have identical doors.

Oh and a mod when a witch/warlock casts a spell, incantations is then chanted in the notification thingy by the caster

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#8892 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 1:33 AM
Some way to rename lots that are already in the bin without pulling them out first. I have a few dozen with not-so-helpful names like "Community Spirit Round 4" or "Aelflaed's RL 1x2." When the thumbnails are too small to make out it's a guessing game.

Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#8893 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 1:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Apartment door's rugs extracted as rug objects with a special function that could make any door an apartment unit would be an interesting take. Just plop it down adjacent to the door outside where is the lobby to choose as such. Certain flats, in parts of the world at least, don't have identical doors.

Oh and a mod when a witch/warlock casts a spell, incantations is then chanted in the notification thingy by the caster

There is this for the doors, it doesnt do all doors, but it does a lot

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=310249

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Forum Resident
#8894 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 2:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leefish
There is this for the doors, it doesnt do all doors, but it does a lot

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=310249

@leefish -- I was going to post that! You ninja'd me. =) Hope you are well, and things are going good! Nice to see you participating in the community again.

-gE
>=)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8895 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix

There's a mod somewhere that sort of does the opposite - allows you to change the appearance of an apartment door. The possible reason that this works better is that a door is a transition object placed in a wall that is normally unpassable. Rugs you can place anywhere, doors you can't.

Oh I see Lee ninja'd me.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#8896 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 3:50 AM
It's not exactly ninjaing if there's half a day between posts. XD
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8897 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 6:18 AM
We've all been on here for a long time and none of us can ninja as fast as we used to.
Test Subject
#8898 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 12:37 PM
I'd like it if "End the date" option got a pop up window asking to confirm it or at least it stayed in the queue without automatically canceling all the previously queued actions
Forum Resident
#8899 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 12:24 AM
Wouldn't it have been neat if the NightLife Gypsies could've had a lot where they sat around a table with a crystal ball and told fortunes? We -do- have that light (from University, i believe) that looks like a glowing crystal ball. But there's no anims for the gypsy to fiddle with it. We could've had that, along with tarot cards, borrowing anims from the poker table... Some ridiculous, meaningless fortunes could've been dolled out... "you vill meet a mysterious stvangah, dvessed as llama!" ...that's my awful gypsy accent... I mean, you could've even made an OFB business having a little THIRD EYE Palm Reading store fronts. Séances, where a ghost could potentially be summoned, maybe on a 1 in 10 chance, so it's not every time. To make it funny, i'd have the ghost pop out of the crystal ball or other artifact and spook the fortune teller. Hahaha! Like she wasn't expecting it to actually work. Perhaps even a Magic 8 Ball for her to consult...

Picture it... she's sitting at the table next to her vic...ustomer *ahem* with smoke billowing and the crystal ball glowing, and the unsuspecting client nervously glances around the room. She spots her opportunity, leans over, shakes a Magic 8 Ball, then sits up and proclaims... "My sources say no" or the always disappointing "ask again later" (how many of you counted to 3 and said, "it's later!" then asked the same exact question? C'mon, you know you did! Fess up!).

Anyway... So that's the Hack & CC i'd like to see... Expanded NL Gypsy features, to include tarot cards, palm readings, crystal ball scrying, and séances, complete with a ghost to pop out and frighten people (which would satisfy the "see a ghost" want), and... why isn't there a paranormal hobby? +paranormal enthusiasm, which... no one would know if it was a feature or not, cuz there isn't any in the game to notice. hahhaa.

OOH! You could also use the BV souvenir stand coding to create various lucky charms and occult items that could be sold, to ward off evil spirits! Crystals, runes, beads, potions, shrunken heads... hahaha, would've been SO Much fun! I think i may go make a little Fortune Telling Parlor in downtown right now...

"Madame Griswolda's Phrenology and Beauty Salon! Wash, Cut, Blow-dry and Dye! All for a Small Fortune!"

-gE
>=)
Screenshots
Alchemist
#8900 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 12:57 AM Last edited by Phantomknight : 18th Sep 2018 at 1:14 PM. Reason: Correcting autocorrect. Sigh.
I finally remembered my idea! So, I'd like a mod that either disables the fridge for vampires--they could still make stuff, for business owners, etc.--or a mod that changes all autonomous 'have breakfast/lunch/dinner' and 'serve breakfast/lunch/dinner' and 'have a snack' actions to 'have plasma' or serve plasma, etc.

It could work similarly to that mod (I think it's by dizzy?) that changes all the above actions to 'get leftovers,' if they're available or it could add a check to the mod that would look for vampires and make them get plasma, unless user directed.

I would also like to see a remedy remesh of the plasma mod, but that may be pushing it.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Page 356 of 580