Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for July - posted on 1st Aug 2018 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 315 (Who?), Viewed: 17617 times. | You are currently not a member of this group. Would you like to join it now?
Page 13 of 13
Top Secret Researcher
#301 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 5:57 AM

Square Hamster question: in Norn's picture above, there are missing ceiling tiles over the kitchen window due to the roof above. I fixed that. The ceiling above the bathroom was left white. I think that is a design decision, because it is exactly over the bathroom. What do you think?

Also, in the Community Garden I found many deer enjoying the zen. Then the sun rose and I realized they were also munching the plants and many were lost. Suggestions? A fence would change the design, no fence means the plants will be eaten. @orose

I found two issues with Fairy Tail. I will upload a fixed version.

I am going to feature Petlandoo instead of Bark Park, because we don't need three community parks featured. Below is a sample of each lot. Tell me what you think of the picture size.

SimmyRN, regarding your question, is it better to make sure each lot is okay before you make the final version of the world? I don't think there will be any major issues at this point, and pictures can be taken with the current version since the tweaks are minor.
Screenshots

Need help building? Mentoring for Builders: Click Here

Looking for an amazing new Sci-Fi world? Visit SATURENORN
Scholar
#302 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 6:50 PM Last edited by Norn : 30th Jul 2018 at 8:43 PM.
About testing/final version: as we didn't track who tested what, maybe we should state which lots each of us tested? So we can see which ones still need to be checked before you make a new (possibly final) version, SimmyRN?

Square Hamster ceiling: If it was my lot I would paint the ceiling everywhere, not only in some rooms. Or not at all.

Community Garden: deer and wild horses will eat a lot. But I agree, a fence would take away too much. So let them prosper, too. It's a pet town, after all.

Pictures: Make the image format as it suits you. Imo it should just be conistent within one post. Also, that one picture that is required, street view, is (in many cases) not very helpful. As there are no restrictions I'd say everything from 3 to 12. For parks there is maybe not that much to show, so some nice impressions would be enough.

[ETA] Ok, instead of doing a list what I checked here is a list what I didn't check. Most of them are builds by me which I shouldn't test
Beech Cottage
The Sister Townhouse
The Brother Townhouse
The Distant Relative
Red Ranch Style
The Towers Apartments - Studio
Yellow Cottage
The White Barn
Rustler's Den (Criminal Warehouse)
Catkeshi's Castle (Cat Jungle)
Petlandia Town Square (Big Park)
Floof's Purrfect Gallery (Art Gallery)
Wolfson's Hospital & Research (No Visitors Allowed)

And some more small issues and questions:

- Fetch Stick (2 Bow Wow Lane) is called The Brentwood in the current map. I guess you changed that and it will be correct in the next version, SimmyRN?

- Two Tone Wonder Starter is called "Two Tone Wonder Starter - Pets" - is that "pets" in the name deliberate?

- Tiny Craftsman: while there is one spot upstairs where a toddler can be picked up I would suggest to remove the crib. There are plenty of houses with cribs.

Gym
- the recycle bin (not the regular waste bin) needs the big recycle bin or it cannot be emptied. So it could as well be removed.
- has "2 story" in it's name - is that by design?
Scholar
#303 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 2:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attuned
1. I found some missing tiles in square hamster. I will upload the fixed version.
2. Can we consider moving or removing the horse and unicorn crossing signs near the Community Garden? They take away from that lot, IMO.
3. The picture size is good for houses, but not great for parks. Do you think we should stick with that size (1280 x 960) for all lots, or should parks have a size closer to 1200 x 675?
4. I forgot it was Autumn in my game. Do we like these pics, or should I switch seasons and retake them. They might be a bit... intense.
5. The picnic basket in Bark Park can not be interacted with on the picnic table or on the ground. Let's delete it.

About pictures, the world guidelines state that only a picture of the front of the lot is needed for the featured lots. How many pictures do we want to take for each?

Thanks, attuned! I deleted one sign and moved the other sign you mentioned. I think they're fine now. I don't think the pictures all have to be exactly the same size. So, if another size works better for parks, it's okay with me. Personally, I like to take the same shots for featured lots that are required for individual uploads - front, sides, back, each floor / lot overview. Do you think that's too many? I think the pictures are pretty with fall trees. I'll delete the picnic basket at Bark Park.
Scholar
#304 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 2:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norn
About testing/final version: as we didn't track who tested what, maybe we should state which lots each of us tested? So we can see which ones still need to be checked before you make a new (possibly final) version, SimmyRN?

Square Hamster ceiling: If it was my lot I would paint the ceiling everywhere, not only in some rooms. Or not at all.

Community Garden: deer and wild horses will eat a lot. But I agree, a fence would take away too much. So let them prosper, too. It's a pet town, after all.

Pictures: Make the image format as it suits you. Imo it should just be conistent within one post. Also, that one picture that is required, street view, is (in many cases) not very helpful. As there are no restrictions I'd say everything from 3 to 12. For parks there is maybe not that much to show, so some nice impressions would be enough.

[ETA] Ok, instead of doing a list what I checked here is a list what I didn't check. Most of them are builds by me which I shouldn't test
Beech Cottage
The Sister Townhouse
The Brother Townhouse
The Distant Relative
Red Ranch Style
Yellow Cottage
The White Barn

And some more small issues and questions:

- Fetch Stick (2 Bow Wow Lane) is called The Brentwood in the current map. I guess you changed that and it will be correct in the next version, SimmyRN?

- Two Tone Wonder Starter is called "Two Tone Wonder Starter - Pets" - is that "pets" in the name deliberate?

- Tiny Craftsman: while there is one spot upstairs where a toddler can be picked up I would suggest to remove the crib. There are plenty of houses with cribs.

Gym
- the recycle bin (not the regular waste bin) needs the big recycle bin or it cannot be emptied. So it could as well be removed.
- has "2 story" in it's name - is that by design?

Thanks, Norn! Yes, I changed some of the wallpapers in a few of my lots - didn't seem enough fairy tale like - as well as the name of the former Brentwood. That was the name of the floor plan I used for inspiration but I thought Fetch Stick fit the theme better. The lot has two dog houses, after all I imagine the bathroom without ceiling tile was an oversight if the rest of the house has ceiling tile. I know I usually either do all the ceilings or none of the ceilings. But, that may just be my preference. Two Tone Wonder is an adaptation for Pets of another lot I uploaded at MTS. It is also on a larger lot to accommodate the horse stall. I added Pets to the name to avoid confusion. I didn't know that about the recycle bins! I can remove 2 story from the gym's name. I originally built two versions but I think the two story version works better in this setting. I'll remove the crib from the Tiny Craftsman. Thanks for the list of lots you haven't play tested. I'll try to post a list of those I have tested. A list of those I haven't tested would be too long. If others could post a list of lots they have either tested or not tested, we can compare to see what still needs to be tested. Thank you for your assistance!
Top Secret Researcher
#305 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 4:45 AM
1. I will upload fixed versions of Fairy Tail and Square Hamster.
2. Thanks for moving the signs SimmyRN.
3. Yes, delete the crib in Tiny Craftsman

SimmyRN- are you going to put each featured lot in its own post (10-12 total), or will you make one post for commercial and one for residential (2 total)? I am trying to find a way for pictures to be the same size, if they need to be uniform across lots, or just uniform for each lot. Also, the guidelines for pictures has changed. The requirement is a front view and an overhead of each floor (no sides or back or roof is required). I think side pictures and back pictures are difficult to take in a small, full world. Each needs a front picture, and then I would say overheads are good, to show what's included. Side or back pictures are really only needed if there is something there you want to show. Then a few pictures to show a special feature, or to better showcase the lot.

From Norn's list, I tested:
Beech Cottage
The Sister Townhouse
The Brother Townhouse
The Distant Relative
The White Barn

Still to test:
Red Ranch Style
Yellow Cottage

SimmyRN, if you can test the last three (Norn's), I can test the first four (yours).

Scholar
#306 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 2:39 AM
Thanks, attuned, for the update about required pictures! I'm fine with having front views and overheads unless, like you said, there's something special to show on the sides or back. I like to put each lot into it's own post in the comment section. Usually, I do the Community lots together so the posts follow each other. Then the Residential lots. So, if the pictures are fairly consistent for each lot, it should be fine. I'll work on testing, pictures per PM, and changes suggested.
Field Researcher
#307 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 1:43 PM Last edited by orose : 1st Aug 2018 at 2:42 PM.
Quote:
Also, in the Community Garden I found many deer enjoying the zen. Then the sun rose and I realized they were also munching the plants and many were lost. Suggestions? A fence would change the design, no fence means the plants will be eaten. @orose

LOL, I hadn't even thought about this since I've used a mod to prevent animals from eating my garden since about three days after I started playing TS3. I'm happy to add a fence if needed, I don't mind adjusting the design to make sure that the garden is actually useful. If the plants were a complete loss when the deer got to them then it might be best to do a fence but I'll go with whatever you guys prefer. I am a little ashamed to say that I have no idea if zombies ruin gardens completely also (I've had a no zombies mod since I got SN) so it might be a good idea anyways to do the fence.

One thing that came to mind late the other night was that I put sand in there, so I was wondering if people were going to start building sandcastles. I can't remember if that's autonomous on sand or not, though that's not a dealbreaker like the plants getting eaten up, just an occasional nuisance.

For the garden, here's a new name and description:
Name: Nature's Bounty Zen Garden
Description: Life getting you down? Take a few moments to relax and center yourself in this community garden. There's nothing like the feeling of dirt beneath your fingers to bring you back to basics. Feel free to drop by and help care for this community garden any time you like, and don't forget to stop and enjoy the fresh produce!

I am honestly terrible at planning names or coming up with anything punny for the pets theme, so if anybody wants to tweak it feel free :D

8-1-18 my computer is finally un-fried. I'm back!
+ HIATUS - my gran had a stroke, I may not be around much +
Raggs Family Legacy (Rags to Riches Challenge) | tumblr | stuff site
Top Secret Researcher
#308 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 12:39 AM Last edited by attuned : 2nd Aug 2018 at 5:27 AM.
orose- thanks for the name change and the description- I love them both! Here is what Norn said about the plant munching:
Quote:

I think it could go either way. Plants can be replaced, or downloaders can fence it in themselves. We can also offer a separate lot that is fenced in when we move to phase three- the extra EP lots. I think as the builder, it is your call whether or not to use a fence. As for zombies eating plants on community lots, I have no idea. I set the moon to not phase, so I never have to deal with the zombie scourge, but I will ask in stupid questions. Thanks!

Edit: As per Don Babilon, zombies eat plants on community lots, not even fences will keep them out, but he believes the plants recover the following morning. And yes, sims may build sandcastles in the sand.

Top Secret Researcher
#309 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 5:16 AM
Fixed versions of Fairy Tail and Square Hamster
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: rar SH and FT fixed.rar (3.26 MB, 3 downloads) - View custom content

Field Researcher
#310 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 6:57 AM
Quote:
orose- thanks for the name change and the description- I love them both! Here is what Norn said about the plant munching:

I think it could go either way. Plants can be replaced, or downloaders can fence it in themselves. We can also offer a separate lot that is fenced in when we move to phase three- the extra EP lots. I think as the builder, it is your call whether or not to use a fence. As for zombies eating plants on community lots, I have no idea. I set the moon to not phase, so I never have to deal with the zombie scourge, but I will ask in stupid questions. Thanks!

Edit: As per Don Babilon, zombies eat plants on community lots, not even fences will keep them out, but he believes the plants recover the following morning. And yes, sims may build sandcastles in the sand.

Okay, good to know at least. It's probably not such a big deal anyway since the world is designed around BG + Pets. Zombies are SN and I think sandcastles are from Generations, so those issues might just be things to write off as side-effects of having other EPs installed. Presumably people who have those EPs have either found a suitable mod solution or are aware of the other interactions, etc.

8-1-18 my computer is finally un-fried. I'm back!
+ HIATUS - my gran had a stroke, I may not be around much +
Raggs Family Legacy (Rags to Riches Challenge) | tumblr | stuff site
Scholar
#311 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 11:44 PM
Square Hamster and Fairy Tail replaced. Thanks for the lovely name and description, orose! I updated that as well. I've run into a bit of a snag with the Birdie Apartments. For the first time ever, the spiral stairs don't seem to be working correctly. I've read about it but never had that problem. So, I'm rotating through each version in my test game, replacing the stairs, and testing the lots to make sure they work correctly. A bit of a pain. I apologize for the delay.
Top Secret Researcher
#312 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 5:11 AM
Some issues from testing:

1- Yellow cottage- plants clip through walls a little bit
2- Yellow cottage- trash bin in front of house?
3- Red ranch- floor tile under chair is missing
4- Sister TH- sim put plate through plant pots (the ones with plant removed)
5- Sister TH- window shades are different on each window?
6- Sister TH- sim couldn't use chair on left near wall
7- Brother TH- bed is at an angle so two sims cannot use it (left side cannot be accessed)

More general problems:

8- Horses got stuck several times, near CatNap, though I don't know why

Brother Town House- my sim was unable to move here through ingame "Move" from telephone. The house did not come up as an option. I thought someone else had moved in there, but it was still empty. I moved household in via Edit town, moved them out by "Move", and then could not move them back to Brother Town House. The game is not recognizing Brother TH as an option.

Scholar
#313 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 2:24 AM
Thank you, attuned! I'd caught the trash can movement and missing floor tile and fixed those already. I'll see what I can do with the other issues you've listed. I can't imagine what the problem with Brother Townhouse is. I may have to replace the lot and/or house in CAW / EIG to see if that helps. I think the problem with Birdie Apartments might be somehow related to the mod I had in game. I've removed it and am replacing stairs/doors, etc., to see if that fixes the issue. The biggest problem seems to be accessing the 3rd floor apartment via the side stairs. If all else fails, I'll eliminate that apartment/stairs and make that an empty space. The other apartments seem to work fine except, somehow, one of the doors got locked and the poor NPC sims were sleeping on the sofas in the lobby!
Scholar
#314 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 11:38 AM
Thanks attuned! I'll take care of the Siblings townhouses. SimmyRN, I'll upload the fixed versions hopefully by tomorrow. So maybe wait with replacing them until you have the updated versions? Hope you'll be able to solve the issues with the Birdie apartments.

Those horses trying to enter the lot is a common EA bug. They shouldn't have coded horses as full sims. Horses would like to sit with you at your table or watch TV. It's a bit annoying but I'm very sure it's not related to your lot.
Scholar
#315 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 6:40 PM
Hopefully I fixed all issues with the sibling houses. Even the issue with your sim not able to move in. It happened to my sim, too. Funny enough, when she didn't have enough money for it it was visible. When I cheated her to more money so that she could afford it, it wasn't available anymore. The reason was that the lot type was set to "private lot". It should be fixed now.
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: zip Crowkeeper_SiblingHouses.zip (6.65 MB, 2 downloads) - View custom content
Scholar
#316 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 12:57 AM
Thanks, Norn! I'll get them replaced. The problem with Birdie Apartments seemed to be the outside spiral stairs. The inside ones work fine. When I changed to standard stairs, everything seems to work fine. I'm tweaking the stairs and testing now. Very strange. As I said, I've never had problems with the base game spiral stairs before.

Page 13 of 13