Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Candle Making - Base Game

by icemunmun Posted 4th Apr 2018 at 11:45 AM - Updated 27th Jan 2022 at 7:54 PM by icemunmun : Updated for cottage Living

217 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 107 Feedback Posts, 109 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 9
Test Subject
#101 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 7:29 PM
Default Finished translating to polish :)
So, here is the finished polish translation.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  polish-string.rar (8.6 KB, 13 downloads)
Instructor
#102 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 1:22 PM
Suggestion - if it's possible you could make lighting your candle count for completing the "Light the candles" objective for holidays
Test Subject
#103 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 6:36 PM
Default Russian version
Thank you for the mod, icemunmun!

Russian version is ready!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  icemunmun_CandleMaking_Base_and_Candles.rar (25.85 MB, 24 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 5:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cheeroke
Suggestion - if it's possible you could make lighting your candle count for completing the "Light the candles" objective for holidays

That is an AWESOME IDEA!!

It is impossible to get on your feet until you get off your butt.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#105 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 10:26 PM
Thank you so much! This is great!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#106 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 1:54 AM
What a novel idea...I really want to see how this plays out. Thanks for the opportunity to have so many different items, too. I wonder did EA make wax available in the new bee box?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#107 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 3:51 PM
How do I find the wax in the game?
Never mind you can get it from the boxes, the contents of the box is randomized.
New question: Once you finish a candle and place it you can click on it and options pop up, and one of them is an icon of a bouquet of roses but it has no words by it and I clicked on it and my sim got a moodlet for sniffing the candle. Why does the smelling option have no text?
Test Subject
#108 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SayAgain
Never mind you can get it from the boxes, the contents of the box is randomized.
New question: Once you finish a candle and place it you can click on it and options pop up, and one of them is an icon of a bouquet of roses but it has no words by it and I clicked on it and my sim got a moodlet for sniffing the candle. Why does the smelling option have no text?

About the texts in some options and descriptions, I wouldn't be surprised if it was caused by the recent game update. Before this update everything had their respective texts/description and worked fine. I bet that icemunmun is already working on it, it just might take a little bit more time as there are lot of other downloads
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#109 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 8:28 AM
A little bit suggestion, can you make it possible to buy the candle making material box from a pie menu when clicking on the candle making table, it works like ordering stuff from the computer and save the time you have to get in buy mode to search for the box, again, awesome mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#110 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 3:43 AM
Such a great and interesting mod.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#111 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 7:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SayAgain

Can you tell me which language your game is in ? Apart from that 'Smell the aroma' interaction, is there any other strings missing ?

Quote: Originally posted by vampire100998
A little bit suggestion, can you make it possible to buy the candle making material box from a pie menu when clicking on the candle making table, it works like ordering stuff from the computer and save the time you have to get in buy mode to search for the box, again, awesome mod!

That is a good idea! I will add the 'Buy supplies' from the table option
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#112 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 10:16 PM
This is incredibly creative! It's going right into my game!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#113 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 6:29 PM
Thank you for updating, my sims were missing being able to make candles after the update!
Test Subject
#114 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 1:20 PM
But the 2 files are conflicting together
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#115 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DimitraStyl
But the 2 files are conflicting together

That is because of some shared resources. They do not actually conflict!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#116 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 1:53 AM
Thank you. Does this conflict with the bee hive in seasons? Just got it, so I am not sure on all the workings yet. Appreciate your hard work and creativity.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#117 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 9:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MistyMorning
Thank you. Does this conflict with the bee hive in seasons? Just got it, so I am not sure on all the workings yet. Appreciate your hard work and creativity.

It does not conflict with anything . I have added the functionality to get wax from the Candle Kit. I will add the ability to get wax from the seasons beehive once I finish with my current projects!
Test Subject
#118 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 2:30 AM
Thank you so much for another amazing mod!

Translated to POR_BR, if you don't mind
Attached files:
File Type: zip  PTBR icemunmun candles.zip (7.8 KB, 13 downloads)
Description: strings files
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#119 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 8:36 PM
"waxing and waning" I can tell you had fun with this! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#120 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 3:25 AM
I've had this in my game for almost a week now, and I absolutely love it. I wanted one thing my Legacy family could pass down, and candlemaking fits the bill. The attention to detail is AMAZING, as each candle gives its own moodlet. I've replaced the less expensive bouquets with the more expensive candles in my florist shoppe and they are selling like crazy!

Thank you for sharing! ~ chocklit
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#121 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 8:04 PM
Oh my gosh, you are soooo creative. I really enjoy all of your mods. Thanks for sharing this one too!
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 9:40 AM
Thank you for updating this for Mac users!!!! <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#123 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 7:10 PM
WOW This is totally amazing.. I've created and sold candles/arrangements in real life.. so thankful for this. I can't wait to see the other mod's you've shared, I know without even seeing I'll be wanting each and every single one!! ♥
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#124 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 6:40 AM
Absolutely love this mod! ♥ Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#125 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 3:55 AM
Does the new sims4studio allow you to add and remove candle flames?

Does anyone know how to remove/add a candle flame to leave an empty candle stick using the current version of 3.1.2.1 sims4studio, when you have more than one candle on the object.

For example, a candlestick that has 3 candles in a holder. I just need one of the candles to light up when the "Light all Candles" interaction is used instead of all 3.
Page 5 of 9