Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#6376 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 12:59 PM
I actually set up a nice restroom for male and female separate. It's quite hard to not hit the wrong stall when the rooms are very small and compact. Can't afford lots of showers.

It was also a bad idea to have a sink in the main room where the restrooms were located because I had sims who took sponge baths, so they either shooed sims and kept them from exiting.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Theorist
#6377 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 3:46 PM
How bad it is I want to play the game instead of cleaning the house. (Yeah I sound like a broken record).

It's spring in my game and I'll be able to put Greatcheesecakepersona's stuff in my game (seasonal fields anyone?)
I'm also supposed to get rid of CC I don't want and add new ones. Will I succeed?
Link Ninja
#6378 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 3:53 PM
I'm more tidy with my sims' homes than my own....

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6379 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 4:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
I'm also supposed to get rid of CC I don't want and add new ones. Will I succeed?

Don't be silly.

Also, I'm here instead of marking. I hate marking. But am at home today, marking at home, because it's so freaking hot outside in England atm and I didn't want to go in to an overhot office just to mark. Ugh.

Can I play the game?

(answer: no maxon, get on with the marking)

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Theorist
#6380 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 4:16 PM
Tidying my sims' home is easier than my own.

@Maxon: I hear you even if I don't mark. It also hot in Paris and I'd rather stay home than being outside. Today is my last day off.
I'll be back to work tomorrow and I won't be able to play the game (well I'll try).
Mad Poster
#6381 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 8:51 PM
Life would be much easier if I could install Pescado's macrotastics on family. Macro-skill-creativity=get your rear to the piano or guitar and PRACTICE!!! Macro-clean and macro-garden would also be lovely. Macro-do homework would get used constantly.

Macro-skill-dancing seems to happen naturally, though . . . as does macro-hobby-games

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Forum Resident
#6382 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Also, I'm here instead of marking. I hate marking. But am at home today, marking at home, because it's so freaking hot outside in England atm and I didn't want to go in to an overhot office just to mark. Ugh.

God, I get you. It's also boiling here in Wales (wow, who'd have thought? not like we're on the same landmass or anything) and my cats are lying outside due to heat, getting covered in pods and nasty leafy bits, and being too lazy to groom them off
I guess we're lucky that Sim cats don't get lethargic like real ones XD I bet my Simself's cats would never let themselves get into that state.
Mad Poster
#6383 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 10:32 PM
Also in Wales *waves*. This heat . I'm hoping it doesn't get any hotter, I'm working 28 hours over the next two days. If I was a sim, today I would have my energy motive continuously stuck in the orange!! It's too warm to do anything. I barely even played Sims today. I just watched them whilst eating a continuous supply of ice lollies.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#6384 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 10:50 PM
Meanwhile, here on Canada's east coast, it's not really hot at all. It was snowing up around Newfoundland.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#6385 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 10:56 PM
Here in the South it's officially hurricane season and it's been hot and muggy for the past month. It's been raining a lot where I'm at too, one moment it be sunshine and the next a wall of dark thunderstorm clouds rush in. I live in a part of the mountains where it doesn't flood as much like down at the coast, but at this point it might as well flood .

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#6386 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 11:10 PM
And here in Maine, it's not really been hot, but the nights are actually cold. I guess our summer will be the 4th of July. (old Maine joke..)

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6387 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
Also in Wales *waves*. This heat . I'm hoping it doesn't get any hotter, I'm working 28 hours over the next two days. If I was a sim, today I would have my energy motive continuously stuck in the orange!! It's too warm to do anything. I barely even played Sims today. I just watched them whilst eating a continuous supply of ice lollies.

It's supposed to be 2 degrees cooler tomorrow. Not much of an improvement and I have to go into work because we're having a meeting (and more marking).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Mad Poster
#6388 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 1:38 AM
The other day, though, it was really warm, and someone had left a dog in their car. I went into the store and told the manager and they called the police. Don't leave dogs in hot cars!

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#6389 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 7:57 PM Last edited by Liza : 27th Jun 2018 at 8:40 PM.
I read this chat session about Seasons and Celebration stuff pack, and i found interesting information about thunder sounds.

https://www.simsnetwork.com/news/20...elebration-chat

Quote:
IPlayTS2 (Apr 11, 2007 5:22:43 PM)
How did you make the great sound effects for Seasons? The thunder is very realistic.

MaxoidHunter! (Apr 11, 2007 5:22:43 PM)
I'm not sure how the audio team did it, but I agree with you. It scared the heck out of me when I heard it the first time. It would be cool if the audio team did a "here's how we make sounds for the game" kind of thing. They're really busy, though. Happy They make the audio for all Sims games.

I jump on the chair because of fright when I hear the sound of a thunder.

About Country theme
Quote:
Guest (Apr 11, 2007 5:23:33 PM)
Why did you choose the "Country Theme" for Seasons?

MaxoidLittleL (Apr 11, 2007 5:23:34 PM)
It was different than what we'd done before and seemed very "homey". Seasons was all about fun at home and a new cozy furniture set fit well.

I like this theme in game.

And one of the secrets of the success of the game, why is it popular now:

Quote:
stephfunfunfun (Apr 11, 2007 5:23:58 PM)
I think you guys have a great job, Are you all passionate about making expansions like Seasons and stuff packs like Celebration Stuff?

MaxoidSam (Apr 11, 2007 5:23:58 PM)
We love our jobs. We get to make games. How cool is that?

I found my answer of question: Which you favorite stuff / expansion pack?
Quote:
ambnumber11 (Apr 11, 2007 5:24:23 PM)
Which stuff pack would you say as your favorite?

MaxoidSam (Apr 11, 2007 5:24:23 PM)
I love them all, but if I had to choose, I'd say "all of them"

One year was needed to create this addon. How much time did the Sims 4 developers need to create a similar an addon? 3 years?
Quote:
skaterpunk140 (Apr 11, 2007 5:25:01 PM)
How long did it take you to create Seasons (planning, programming, etc.)?

MaxoidHunter! (Apr 11, 2007 5:25:01 PM)
We started last May with the design, I think.

I always liked reading stories about the development of Sims 2. They are so exciting and inspiring. Why is it so?
Lab Assistant
#6390 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Liza

One year was needed to create this addon. How much time did the Sims 4 developers need to create a similar an addon? 3 years?

It almost certainly didn't actually take the TS4 team that long to develop Seasons. It was about a 3-year difference between Sims 2 and its Seasons expansion release as well.

For both games, Seasons was the 5th expansion.

EDIT:

Sims 2 = Sept 2004
Sims 2 Seasons = March 2007

Sims 4 = Sept 2014
Sims 4 Seasons = June 2018

Alright, so I was a bit off. Sims 2 Seasons released about 2.5 years after TS2. Sims 4 Seasons released about 3.5 years after Sims 4.

Regardless, it didn't take them that long to develop TS4 Seasons (especially when you factor in that there are now Game Packs, which as far I know are essentially mini-expansions, something that the TS2 development team did not have to deal with), and there isn't a need to knock the TS4 development team either way.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6391 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nukk
Regardless, it didn't take them that long to develop TS4 Seasons (especially when you factor in that there are now Game Packs, which as far I know are essentially mini-expansions, something that the TS2 development team did not have to deal with), and there isn't a need to knock the TS4 development team either way.

Agreed but I'd like to note that the TS2 EPs are jam packed with stuff compared to the TS4 ones - those game packs are for stuff that used to be in the EP.

Field Researcher
#6392 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 9:34 PM
It almost certainly didn't actually take the TS4 team that long to develop Seasons. It was about a 3-year difference between Sims 2 and its Seasons expansion release as well.

For both games, Seasons was the 5th expansion.

EDIT:

Sims 2 = Sept 2004
Sims 2 Seasons = March 2007

Sims 4 = Sept 2014
Sims 4 Seasons = June 2018

Alright, so I was a bit off. Sims 2 Seasons released about 2.5 years after TS2. Sims 4 Seasons released about 3.5 years after Sims 4.

But in Sims 2 base game devs wanted to add rain. And they can't to do it because the rain was buggy and game was lagging. (Wow, I have a rhyme there ) And they decided to leave it for later. So we get Seasons.
Lab Assistant
#6393 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Agreed but I'd like to note that the TS2 EPs are jam packed with stuff compared to the TS4 ones - those game packs are for stuff that used to be in the EP.

Fair enough. But I think that's more the fault of the publishers than the developers: EA definitely pushes to spread out the content through Game Packs and Stuff Packs more ($$$); in addition, as far as I'm aware, the development team for Sims 4 is much smaller than Sims 2's development team was (I know just a few months ago they "let go" of a few long-time devs and moved others to one of the mobile Sims games).

My point is that it's not fair to make such comments about the Sims 4 developers, because I'm sure they work their butts off and are doing what they can. Throughout video game forums (Paradox games come to mind), people like to point their fingers at the developers and blame them for things, and I think it's often undeserved (especially since we're on a forum for TS2, where the majority of people prefer Sims 2, so what's really the point of being rude to the TS4 developers?).
Field Researcher
#6394 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 9:53 PM
Fair enough. But I think that's more the fault of the publishers than the developers: EA definitely pushes to spread out the content through Game Packs and Stuff Packs more ($$$); in addition, as far as I'm aware, the development team for Sims 4 is much smaller than Sims 2's development team was (I know just a few months ago they "let go" of a few long-time devs and moved others to one of the mobile Sims games).

My point is that it's not fair to make such comments about the Sims 4 developers, because I'm sure they work their butts off and are doing what they can. Throughout video game forums (Paradox games come to mind), people like to point their fingers at the developers and blame them for things, and I think it's often undeserved (especially since we're on a forum for TS2, where the majority of people prefer Sims 2, so what's really the point of being rude to the TS4 developers?).

Yes. EA are only interested in the profit from the game. If the game is not financially successful then the developer's studio will be closed. This leads to a crisis of ideas. You can see this in another modern games. Most of this using proven financially settings and gameplay. Sims 4 devs trying hold out and to please to EA because if they didn't do that Sims 4 will be closed and devs will transleted to Sims Mobile project.
Forum Resident
#6395 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 10:18 PM
You know, I tried Sims 4 a few days ago. I could not get into it whatsoever and found myself pining for my TS2 Simmies. I guess when you get used to something, you get used to it!
Top Secret Researcher
#6396 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
You know, I tried Sims 4 a few days ago. I could not get into it whatsoever and found myself pining for my TS2 Simmies. I guess when you get used to something, you get used to it!

It's true. My daughter plays Sims 3 and sometimes misses Sims 2 (and the huge amount of cc available). She did load Sims 2 on her old laptop once and it was a lot faster to load but she was used to Sims 3 and had all her families there, so yeah.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6397 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 4:41 AM

I wasn't being rude about the developers - I was agreeing with you.

Inventor
#6398 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 4:47 AM
I got my wisdom teeth out today finally. It was a bit scary going in because the laughing gas didn't work like I thought it would, I was still coherent and with my sensory issues, the blood pressure cup and the I.V. was a nightmare, but the actual surgery lasted for about 20 minutes. My jaw is a tiny bit sore and a little swollen but I'm not in terrible pain. Luckily I didn't say or saw any weird stuff after waking up so now I'm healing up. This gives me the perfect excuse to play sims more often now :P

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6399 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 6:40 AM
Hope you feel better @Primavera Back when I had mine out I had them out under general anaesthetic. Did they give you a large syringe for your mouth and saline solution? If not be sure to swish with salted water, it helps both with healing and pain.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#6400 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 6:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Hope you feel better @Primavera Back when I had mine out I had them out under general anaesthetic. Did they give you a large syringe for your mouth and saline solution? If not be sure to swish with salted water, it helps both with healing and pain.

Thank you for that . The medication I'm taking is pretty good at taking away the soreness (prescribed medication instead of Advil), and I have to take antibiotics to stave off an infection. And after they put the I.V. in I was knocked out so I don't know if they did that; my mouth was pretty numb for a few hours though, so they may have gave me a shot of Novocaine. And I'll be starting to swish with warm salt water soon, right now I'm eating pudding and mashed potatoes and drinking plenty of Boost and water. At least the bleeding stopped so I won't have to use any more gauze.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Page 256 of 515