Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 12:25 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Pregnant sim stuck in labor but won't give birth or go to hospital or move, reset lot, error trap records error when I try to send her to hospital
So 6 of my sims were in labor and 5 of them went to the hospital and gave birth but one who is stuck and won't give birth after several game hours or go to the hospital or even move at all. I reset the lot since I can't reset her since she's in labor. She is still stuck just in a different spot now. When I attempt to send her to the hospital error trap records an error that reads Script Error OnProcessEventCallback. Btw she is a YA female and not a male, elder, or teen but one of the pregnant sims who gave birth was male but I do have male, teen, and elder pregnancy mods and Woohooer so I don't normally have problems with those ages and that gender giving birth. How can I fix this I really don't want my sim Dot frozen in labor forever while the others in her relationship had their babies.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 12:43 AM
You can MasterController Reset a sim who is otherwise not clickable by way of City Hall. NRaas >MC > Sim > Advanced > Reset Sim > (filter to them or X to dismiss the filter). I had to do this just the other day with an inactive sim who was clearly in labor but standing on a sidewalk on the edge of their lot not quite knowing what to do for what seemed like far too long and I was getting worried about them, winter was coming soon, etc. After the MC Reset, they immediately had the baby right where they were standing all that time. But that might have been a different issue they were having, probably routing or something, since they weren't one of my actives.

Do you by any chance have one of the Hospital Overhaul mods in play, or any other non-NRaas mods (not clothing and body parts, those are typically harmless) that have anything to do with pregnancies, gestation, births, hospitals? Any chance you have changed the lengths of pregnancies by means of a tuning mod or Retuner while this sim was already pregnant?

Not in my game at the moment, but I believe there is a DebugEnabler command that forces a pregnant sim to give birth on the spot. I think CmarNYC's Pregnancy Controller mod can do this as well. Any use or do you just get more errors?

The absolute worst case scenario would probably be to use MasterController or one of the other mods to terminate the pregnancy then immediately follow that with the Instant Baby command, unless you want to Pollinate them and have them go through the joys of pregnancy all over again.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 12:48 AM
I don't know how to fix it, but I've seen the same issue with Claire Ursine in Sunset Valley. As an inactive Sim, she'll deliver successfully half the time and the other half she loops forever if I don't step in and end her pregnancy using NRaas Master Controller > Advanced > Pregnancy > End Pregnancy. Most of the time I don't do "Instant Baby" afterward for her, but sometimes I do let her have a baby and I make the Frio dude the father. I don't have a game open for the path to instant baby.

I've tried having my Sim drive her to the the hospital, but then she loops there too. In and out of the revolving door with no end in sight. I'd be very interested in learning a fix also if there is one, then I won't have to end a glitched pregnancy.

*Ninja'd by igazor...happy to learn of a fix, thanks!
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
You can MasterController Reset a sim who is otherwise not clickable by way of City Hall. NRaas >MC > Sim > Advanced > Reset Sim > (filter to them or X to dismiss the filter). I had to do this just the other day with an inactive sim who was clearly in labor but standing on a sidewalk on the edge of their lot not quite knowing what to do for what seemed like far too long and I was getting worried about them, winter was coming soon, etc. After the MC Reset, they immediately had the baby right where they were standing all that time. But that might have been a different issue they were having, probably routing or something, since they weren't one of my actives.

Do you by any chance have one of the Hospital Overhaul mods in play, or any other non-NRaas mods (not clothing and body parts, those are typically harmless) that have anything to do with pregnancies, gestation, births, hospitals? Any chance you have changed the lengths of pregnancies by means of a tuning mod or Retuner while this sim was already pregnant?

Not in my game at the moment, but I believe there is a DebugEnabler command that forces a pregnant sim to give birth on the spot. I think CmarNYC's Pregnancy Controller mod can do this as well. Any use or do you just get more errors?

The absolute worst case scenario would probably be to use MasterController or one of the other mods to terminate the pregnancy then immediately follow that with the Instant Baby command, unless you want to Pollinate them and have them go through the joys of pregnancy all over again.

Well that all sounds good but I deleted my sim as well as accidentally her twin sister to attempt to reset her using City hall but city hall is closed since its late and I'm not sure I have overwatch so now I'm attempting to move out the 2 deleted sims and move them back in and I'll tell I'll tell you how that works
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 12:59 AM
My sim and her sister are fixed and I will do Instant Baby now
Mad Poster
#6 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 1:05 AM
Glad you got that sorted out, however you had to manage it.

But Point of Order, if you please. City Hall never closes. It is always there and open 24/7...watching your every move. Except in WA worlds and Uni, there you have Base Camps and the Admin Building standing in for them.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Glad you got that sorted out, however you had to manage it.

But Point of Order, if you please. City Hall never closes. It is always there and open 24/7...watching your every move. Except in WA worlds and Uni, there you have Base Camps and the Admin Building standing in for them.

Well city hall was not showing any options when I clicked it but that could've been part of the glitch. And BTW I only have NRaas mods dealing with pregnancy and I don't have Hospital Overhaul and the pregnancy length hadn't been changed and was on the base game 3 day/72 hour length. Deleting my sim (as well as accidentally her identical aside from headband color twin sister) and moving them out and back in fixed her but she was no longer in labor or pregnant and there was no baby born so I did the Instant Baby option on her. She now has a healthy baby daughter named Estella.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 2:34 PM
Reviving this thread to add another possible solution, as players are still having this issue. I had a sim get stuck in labor yesterday; I'm not sure why. I saved and restarted the game during labor, but I'm pretty sure I've done that before without issue.

Anyway, I used the testing cheats command "testingcheatsenabled true", then ctrl-clicked on the labor moodlet to remove it. After that, the moodlet reappeared and the sim immediately had the baby.