Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 10:47 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default sim-guests stuck at the wedding
Hello) I've got a problem. When my sims celebrate their weddings, everytime one or two of the guests stuck cheering just married couple. They clap their hands till they pee themselves :/ Then they could go. I can resetsim them but maybe there is another way to cancel their lagging action? Could nraas DebugEnabler or MC help them without resetsim?
Also sometimes autonomus action "WatchWedding" cancels itself for my family members. And I can't choose it again. Is there any mod, which unlock this action on a wedding arch?
(Also I've got a question about Outings in The Sims 3: Late Night. Can I form a group using DebugEnabler or other mod? it's not about bugging but I don't want to create too many posts. Sorry)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Mar 2017 at 12:26 AM Last edited by igazor : 5th Mar 2017 at 12:40 AM.
What you want for the first issue is a DebugEnabler reset. Unlike MC or the testingcheats kind, all a DE reset does is clear the sim's current action and their action queue. They may sometimes appear to jump to one side, but they won't be sent home or off the map and it won't disturb parties or make the guests no longer guests of the same. It's a very gentle reset. I also use this to stop dozens of individual sims from crowding the wedding or birthday cakes at parties to the extent that almost no one ends up getting any or really just about any kind of unwanted guest behavior if I can catch it in time.
NRaas > DE > Options:Sim (or SmartPhone) > Object > Reset.

If you are resetting sims in any other way while a party is taking place, the entire party will terminate silently so that may be why certain interactions are no longer available on the lot in question.

Afraid I don't know any way to manipulate group outings other than NRaas GoHere's setting to form them automatically (or not) when directing multiple sims to meet up someplace. And yet I still keep tripping over forgetting which way I last set GoHere and I keep forgetting that children cannot be part of a group because well, you know, that would be horrible. Or something.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Mar 2017 at 3:34 AM
Thank you very much for your answer! Actually I usually use DebugEnabler to reset objects but I've never used it to reset sims. And I didn't know that this reset is so convenient. Also thank you for your advice about the wedding or birthday cakes. Recently I've started to use Call To Meal mod by icarus_allsorts. This is also helps me to avoid crowding near the cake. But maybe it makes level of a party worse/silently. So I'll definitely try your suggestion(^ ^)

I seldom reset my sim-guest, because I like to receive good party moodlets for my sims. "WatchWedding" cancels itself for some of my family members. They all get it at the beginning of a ceremony but then for no reason some of them just stop watching.

NRaas GoHere doesn't conflict with Moar Interactions by Buzzler, does it? I think when I had them in my game at the same time, I had a problem with saving my game. There was an error: sims 3 can't save your game because you don't have enough RAM or something like that. It was the only time, when I got such an error. So I decided to delete GoHere. But maybe that happened because of my personal settings. I chose "Doesn't form group on arrival" option.
Maybe I'll try it again but I'll allow to form groups all the time. Although I don't like it forms, when I invite someone over.
In sims 4 group outings are made very good. At least in sims 4 there is no problem with adding a child to a group. While "horrible" things could happen to children in sims 3, if they would a part of a group :/
Mad Poster
#4 Old 5th Mar 2017 at 5:04 AM
Yes, icarus' Call to Meal is another good way to manage cakes. But it kind of depends on the party and how many guests we are talking about. My last perfectly (coughs, not really) orchestrated birthday party had three triplets to age up, so three cakes all in a row. I wasn't prepared to set the table for everyone each time with that many age-ups to get through. And my last wedding had something like 40 guests, on a commercial venue. Found myself yelling at the screen, "there's plenty of food on the buffet and all around you, leave the freakin' cake alone already and let the wedding party and their parents get some."

I've never had any trouble with Buzzler's Moar Interactions mod together with GoHere or any NRaas mod, except way back when Buzzler was a little slow to update his mod for what was then current patch levels. But that's all long since been fixed. On whether to form the group automatically or not, that's going to depend on the situation at hand for me so I keep changing that setting back and forth when I remember to. I was joking of course about kids and adults grouping up together being horrible, I don't know why EA's developers arranged things that way for TS3. I fondly remember enjoying taking my younger siblings and their friends bowling and on other outings when I was a teen and we all seemed to have survived the experiences without too many scars.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Mar 2017 at 7:00 AM Last edited by velvet assassin : 5th Mar 2017 at 12:05 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Yes, icarus' Call to Meal is another good way to manage cakes...

Wow! You invite a lot of guests to your sims' parties! Unfortunately I think my laptop couldn't handle 40 sims on a one lot at the same time, but this is cool) And yes, you are right, it is very annoying when sims' birthdays are on the same day, they have many cakes and all of the guests want to try all of the cakes. This is funny and sad at the same time.

Actually we could live with these little wedding/birthday bugs, but when you play for a long time, you'll get tired of them. So I want to get rid of them.

I use the latest version of Buzzler's Moar Interactions.
So you suggest to changing setting of forming the group automatically depending of the situation...OK, thank you.
honestly I use a lot of script and tunning mods. I check them with Sims3Dashboard, but it does not give an absolute guarantee. Maybe that error-problem of saving a game was in something else.
I understand, that you were joking about children and groups in Sims 3 I also tried, but it seems, that I failed, because of my English level sorry Hope, you, your siblings and all the kids will still successfully survive, when you hang out together, despite EA sims 3' logic
Mad Poster
#6 Old 5th Mar 2017 at 7:53 AM
I did one wedding that had over 60 guests, many from out of town (Traveler mod), so there were around 80 on the lot altogether. It was a great family reunion at the same time. But to say it lagged would be an understatement, mostly the guests stood around as if they were stoned, listening to the live band play. Somehow I managed to get the happy couple married off, some cake shoved into a few of them, and everyone off the lot without the party or my computer blowing up. It was an epic, raging wedding party that the guests will be talking about for years, according to the reports (eh, whatever makes them happy). But I have to admit I'm not in any big hurry to arrange something quite like that again, I get tired just thinking about it.

LOL, those real life siblings and their friends are all grown up now and many of them have teen and older kids of their own. I'll let them figure out how to handle group ups with their own kids, but I would say we survived the earlier experiences well enough yes despite what EA seems to think.