Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 11:01 PM
Default Which families are related?
Does anyone else make some premades relatives of each other? I've decided to make Stephen Tinker and Darren Dreamer first cousins. The Montys are related to the Bachelors. I prefer using the premades, and it's more fun for me when they have extended families.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 11:12 PM
I've only done it with University premades. So far I've made Klara Vonderstein and Allegra Gorey vampire sisters and I also made Emily Lee be Blossom Moonbeam's sister. Sometimes I made DJ Verse be the older sister of Zoe Zimmerman (obviously different surnames). :D
Mad Poster
#3 Old 17th Jun 2019 at 3:16 AM
Oh yes. DJ Verse is Wanda Tinker's niece and Melody's cousin. Blossom Moonbeam is Mary Sue Pleasant's sister (both are adopted by different families). Zoe Zimmerman and Jasmine Rei are cousins. Malcolm Landgraab is cousin to Loki and Erin Beaker on one side and Francis J. Worthington on the other, and Francis is also a cousin of Cassandra and Alex Goth, with Mortimer as his uncle. Vivian Cho and Cleo Shiboku (spelling?) are cousins. Heather Huffington and Jane Stacks are cousins.

Since I play with Peni's neighborhoods attached to my uberhood, her Valentine Hart is father to Matthew Hart.

Thinking about it, I think Tara DeBateau might be related to Tara Kat, maybe a cousin. I'm going to have to think about this a bit. I think younger Tara's mother maybe is older Tara's cousin, and of course younger Tara being adopted she doesn't know anything about her birth family. The Calientes and Curiouses are maybe third cousins on the alien side, which of course doesn't show as related in game.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Test Subject
#4 Old 17th Jun 2019 at 3:45 AM
I love all of the University pre-mades! All of the storylines are really fun & must have taken so long to come up with. Not to mention getting all of the varied relationships and relatives set up in advance for game play!
Theorist
#5 Old 17th Jun 2019 at 3:07 PM
Well I never used SimPE to make families related, but in my beginning of Pleasantview/Bluewater (and now Strangetown too) hood pretty much all the premades are related/in laws in some way or the other by now, or at least all the Pleasantview, and almost all the Bluewater VIllage families are part of a hood-spanning family tree. Mostly it's Sim X has a cousin who is married to a cousin of Sim Y situations.

Excluding all those marriages I have a couple of close relations of Canon characters:
Lilith Pleasant is Tessa Ramirez' aunt by marriage.
Jessie Pilferson was Claire Charming's (from Sims 1) mother.
Gordon King is Brandi Broke's nephew (and cousin to her sons) and the same Gordon King is also cousin to Malcolm Landgraab IV and nephew to Johnny Zest from Sims 4.
Mama Hick from Sims 1 was Betty Newbie's sister, Veronica,
And the mother of the Hatfield family from Sims 1 was Skip Broke's older sister, Ruby-Anne, making all the little Hatfields also cousins to Dustin, Beau and their younger brother(Lonny in my current hood).

And if I follow my plans for the newly introduced Strangetown ancestors, then
Polination Technician9 Smith will be Chester Gieke's nephew (half nephew, whatever and named after his grandfather P.T. Smith, Chester's stepdad)
And Nervous Subject will be a descendant of the Crumplebottom family (since I can't have Olive sex up the Grim Reaper, I decided I'll create a storyline with the Crumplebottoms and Demons and that will provide Nervous' father).
...well and one of Dustin and Angela's sons might end up being Loki Beaker's uncle by marriage.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Test Subject
#6 Old 17th Jun 2019 at 3:17 PM
Jessica Picaso is Sophia Jocque's younger sister. I also like to make Gloria Newson (the Newson's deceased mother) Faith Goodie's sister.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 18th Jun 2019 at 11:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Olderkj
Jessica Picaso is Sophia Jocque's younger sister. I also like to make Gloria Newson (the Newson's deceased mother) Faith Goodie's sister.

And that last (about the Newsons) is why I often have move the Goodies into the Newson house, to help.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Forum Resident
#8 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 6:16 AM
Besides the obvious connections between the Smith and Curious families, there's a probable link between the Grunts and Vandermorgans - Lyla Grunt was born a Vandermorgan, daughter of AP Vandermorgan and Jacqueline (???). I took the Vandermorgans down two more generations (BD Vandermorgan, brother of Lyla, married Sasha (???) and had JG Vandermorgan), so there's a first cousin relationship between JG and the Grunt/Grant boys, but the families aren't close.

There may be a link between Circe Beaker (nee Salamis) and the Specter and Bachelor families. Hecate Nigmos and Jocasta Bachelor may also have been nee Salamis, but I haven't worked out the details, This could mean that Bella Goth is related to Ophelia Nigmos is related to Circe Beaker....

Whenever the game pops up two or more Sims with the same surname - which it did fairly often before I put in a larger name pool - I check them out to see if they could be related, and if it looks possible, especially with an adult-child pairing, they get a SimPE tweak to make them so. If it doesn't look plausible, one of them gets a surname change (which is how Matthew Howe became Matthew Hill - he didn't look like Margaret Howe at all).

Christa and Trista Shaw are second cousins. Jessie Ebadi is the granddaughter of the late Jessica Ebadi, and does not want to be a maid thank you very much. Larry Mace and Blaine (formerly Blair) Mace are older and younger brothers, as are Chandler and Aram (formerly Amin) Couderc. Allison and Edward Fuchs are siblings. Weldon Tellerman (Firefighter) and Jan Tellerman (Mail Delivery) are a married couple. Then there are some game-generated pairings, like Henry and Ezilie Crawford (father and daughter). And so on.