Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#2026 Old 11th May 2015 at 4:57 PM
Can anyone tell me how to put those little hearts in my signature? I want to be a refugee too.

The best thing about a good thing is that it inspires a better thing. ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2027 Old 11th May 2015 at 5:07 PM
Just select over the signature, copy, and paste it into your own signature. That's what I did.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2028 Old 11th May 2015 at 5:13 PM
There's always open facebook groups, if the worst comes to the worst. As long as no bare breast photos (whether mastectomised or lactating) are posted they tend not to care what you do on there.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#2029 Old 11th May 2015 at 5:14 PM
I gave up Facebook in 2011. It holds bad memories.

Field Researcher
#2030 Old 11th May 2015 at 5:15 PM
A side effect of the mods moving this discussion here -- it makes it less likely I'll ever buy the Sims 4.

Before I used to glance at the rest of the TS4 forum to see if new patches or additions had finally filled in enough of the gaps that I might get at least some fun out of playing the game (when on sale for a price I felt was appropriate). Now that I'll never bother going into the TS4 forum, that temptation will fade away.

I feel a calmness slipping over me....
Mad Poster
#2031 Old 11th May 2015 at 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsica
Can anyone tell me how to put those little hearts in my signature? I want to be a refugee too.

It's also Alt+3 (you have to use the numeric keys on the right side of the keyboard)
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Lab Assistant
#2032 Old 11th May 2015 at 5:21 PM
So is this where the party is now? I feel so displaced
#2033 Old 11th May 2015 at 5:21 PM
All that happens when I press alt+3 is I get a weird version of MTS with no graphics or colors

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#2034 Old 11th May 2015 at 5:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
There's always open facebook groups, if the worst comes to the worst. As long as no bare breast photos (whether mastectomised or lactating) are posted they tend not to care what you do on there.

I'd rather not. My facebook is personal. Not that I don't trust most of y'all but I like to keep my personal and online life separate.

The Receptacle still lives!
#2035 Old 11th May 2015 at 5:24 PM
reddit?

Mad Poster
#2036 Old 11th May 2015 at 5:25 PM
When I hit alt 3, I got this: §

!♣♥♥♥

Ok, now I got hearts. I had to hit it a few times.

Mad Poster
#2037 Old 11th May 2015 at 5:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
reddit?

I am on reddit, but then you guys will find out just how crazy I truly am.

#2038 Old 11th May 2015 at 5:27 PM
Hahaha everyone trying to hide corners of themselves away from the other corners

Mad Poster
#2039 Old 11th May 2015 at 5:29 PM
I don't have a problem with showing my crazy, but I come with a disclaimer.

Scholar
#2040 Old 11th May 2015 at 5:30 PM
Wow, the Receptacle really IS closed... damn, where do i get my daily laugh from now?
Mad Poster
#2041 Old 11th May 2015 at 5:34 PM
Actually, reddit does sound doable. I think a person could have as many alt accounts as they like, as long as they can remember their passwords.

Theorist
#2042 Old 11th May 2015 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stuart-grey
I used to drink Earl Grey all the time. It was good. Then about 1987 or so Star Trek Next Generation came out. A bald headed French guy was drinking Earl Grey all the time. This caused two things:
1) People thought I was drinking Earl Grey because I was a Captain Picard fan.
2) Earl Grey, which isn't for everyone, went popular and Gringoized for American pallets.

This was wickedness! Even if I could find a decent Earl Grey, I had to sneak drinking it in private.

Had to go to my backup - "Constant Comment", finely caved and went to the dark side - Starbucks French Roast

I used to drink Earl Grey (before and after ST:TNG) daily until I moved to South Carolina 15 years ago. Can't get a decent Earl Grey down here, so I'm back to regular coffee. As far as the Star Trek connection, I am a Trekkie/Trekker (whichever term you prefer). I've been a fan since TOS and still am, and it didn't stop me from drinking Earl Grey.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
#2043 Old 11th May 2015 at 5:38 PM
I am eating a very sour nectarine.

Mad Poster
#2044 Old 11th May 2015 at 5:42 PM
I'm eating jelly beans that taste like nectarines. Or at least, some of them.

Theorist
#2045 Old 11th May 2015 at 5:45 PM
Having a salad - it's lunch time here.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#2046 Old 11th May 2015 at 5:46 PM
I still think yahoogroups would be the way to go. We could call it Receptacle

You guys are hard to keep up with!

Please not facebook.

As far as complaining, I suspect the big problem here is that there is no MONEY coming in from Sims 4. I can sympathize, so if someone comes up with a good sims alternative, if I were them I would adopt it as a game they support in a heartbeat!

If someone wants me to create a yahoogroups account, let me know and I will.
Scholar
#2047 Old 11th May 2015 at 5:53 PM
Having coffee and watching Star Trek:TNG. It's Trek time in my house.

That bold, fictional man was the father figure that I needed growing up. He raised me, in a way. Duty to truth, etc.

The best thing about a good thing is that it inspires a better thing. ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Mad Poster
#2048 Old 11th May 2015 at 5:56 PM
My Yahoo account is tied to my internet service provider, so I'd rather not. (Plus, if I were to tell you that I'm allergic to the letter Y, and how this is possible, we'd be going into my crazy territory a bit too soon and too fast.)

I think having a social group here is just fine but having something easy to access off-site, like Reddit, could be fine in case of emergency. I think it would be a good place to meet-up, regroup, and re-plot our world domination.

#2049 Old 11th May 2015 at 6:09 PM
NOT yahoo groups please. I find it really hard to spot new posts on there and I most certainly wouldn't want everything delivered to email

Oh! Are we going to dominate the world? What fun!

Forum Resident
#2050 Old 11th May 2015 at 6:09 PM Last edited by chreai : 11th May 2015 at 10:15 PM.
I was going to write this in response to another post that raised this question in my head, but can't for the life of me remember which post it was. Anyway, what I don't get is why bashing TS4 is suddenly so forbidden when I vividly recall a LOT of TS3 bashing on many threads during its entire lifespan. Why didn't those TS3 complaints get put in a trashcan? What makes TS4 so perfect compared to TS3 or any previous iterations that even an ounce of "hate" for the game causes our "unique" selves to be segregated to a dark corner of the MTS facility? Seriously, I want to know. Moderators? Anyone? Non-BS answers only, please.

Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
Well crap. Sounds like we need a designated off-site meet-up place to have on hand, just in case.

I'd prefer to stay here and just speak in code. Like, instead of saying TS4, we could call it cabbage stew, for instance. And EA is the cook. "I don't like cabbage stew. I don't think I ever will like it. Unless the cook can somehow improve on cabbage stew, I do not see myself ever partaking of it." See? That was a lot more fun then trying to find a new place to hang out.

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Page 82 of 130