Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#151 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 12:30 AM
Hi , first of all thanks a lot for this awesome tool ... soooo i thought to give it a try at editing a mesh, I follow Lumialoversims Tutorial (thank you very much for this awesome tutorial very easy to go through and also i think it might be the only resource for meshing in Sims 4 out there, so THX) , so i follow it , not with an earring but with EA's Jumpsuit , i decided to cut it out and make it shorter and was able to follow step by step without problem until .... xd i load the game and test it and this is what i found OMG it scared me offf , so i went deleted the .package and redo it all over again with no luck, I want you to know that i'm complete new at this so maybe there is something i'm missing , one try i was able to create a good look at the jumpsuit ( i meant without all that skinish stuff) but the bottom part of the legs remain there and i couldn't figure out how to solve it. Geom Previews looks exactly how i want , but again i don't know what i'm missing , any help would be great appreciate and sorry if this is not the right place to post this problem , thaks in advance.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#152 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 12:58 AM
@leeah LumiaLovers tutorial is really great, but a bit outdated since it directs you to use the demo files. Use that tutorial along with this one and you should be good to go. But in the mean time try converting your package from the demo to the full game and see if it works.

I should add- if you went and just cut off the bottom part of the long jumpsuit mesh your Sim will wear the short jumpsuit, but everything you cut off will be gone (she won't have legs because the legs were part of the mesh).
Test Subject
#153 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 6:54 AM
Thank you so mush!!!!
Test Subject
#154 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 9:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by meowchelle
@leeah LumiaLovers tutorial is really great, but a bit outdated since it directs you to use the demo files. Use that tutorial along with this one and you should be good to go. But in the mean time try converting your package from the demo to the full game and see if it works.

I should add- if you went and just cut off the bottom part of the long jumpsuit mesh your Sim will wear the short jumpsuit, but everything you cut off will be gone (she won't have legs because the legs were part of the mesh).

Thank you for taking the time to answer . i forgot to say that it has nothing to do with the demo ' cause i dont' own one , aany how i wil try this tutorial you listed , and let you know , thx.
Test Subject
#155 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 10:02 AM
Ok 15 min later i have follow the tutorial you linked this is the ressult

In Milkshape when i import the converted GEOM it loos like this
with Stilinkas Upper Body

I also noticed there are other GEOM's with kind of the bottom part of the jumpsuit

Should I made the same process with this GEOM's too , well i kind of lost here xd , thx in advance for any help.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#156 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 1:32 PM
Are you sure you don't have Sintiklia's whole body mesh loaded in Milkshape in that pic? It would be clearer if you'd post a pic of only your mesh. As for the other piece of legs - for any kind of long pants mesh, there's a mesh with the body/hips and legs to below the knees, one with the lower legs, and one with the bottom part of the pants around the ankles. This is so the lower parts can be removed in-game to fit with the two kinds of boots. From your CAS pic it looks like you removed part of the upper legs but didn't replace it and left the lower parts in place.

If you want to make the jumpsuit short you have to remove the part you don't want and replace it with bare legs down to the ankles from another mesh using the Frankenmesh part of CAS Mesh Tools. Then you'll need to make it into a CAS part with one mesh part rather than three like the jumpsuit, so I would advise cloning shorts, renaming them, and importing your mesh to that.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#157 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 2:20 PM
Hello Cmar. I may sound like a dumbo, but i'm really really really interested in modding Sims 4, i'm not happy with those crappy default hairstyles nor people are making good looking hairstyles for other people to download. Okay, I downloaded the package you had at the bottom, then what? What next?

I'm a newbie like I said.. I don't really know anything and I would love for someone to help me >.<

Thanks!

-Cindy
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#158 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 2:52 PM
To use CAS Mesh Tools you run S4CASTools.exe by double-clicking it. You can use it to clone whatever item you want to modify. Use the package mesh import/export tab to export the mesh you want to work with to a TS3-format mesh, then you can import it into Milkshape or Blender to make your changes. When done, import the mesh back to the same mesh you exported.

If you don't have meshing experience, there are quite a few meshing tutorials in the Create/tutorials section for Sims 3. Same for texturing - it works pretty much the same way as Sims 3. You can use s4pe to export and import both meshes and textures from/to your package. As a newbie you might want to start small, with some minor changes. If you're a complete newbie, you should start with a basic CAS modding tutorial for Sims 3 to learn the concepts. Sims 4 is still so new that there aren't many tutorials, the ones there are get outdated very quickly, and there are many things we just don't know how to do yet.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#159 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 4:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Are you sure you don't have Sintiklia's whole body mesh loaded in Milkshape in that pic? It would be clearer if you'd post a pic of only your mesh. As for the other piece of legs - for any kind of long pants mesh, there's a mesh with the body/hips and legs to below the knees, one with the lower legs, and one with the bottom part of the pants around the ankles. This is so the lower parts can be removed in-game to fit with the two kinds of boots. From your CAS pic it looks like you removed part of the upper legs but didn't replace it and left the lower parts in place.

If you want to make the jumpsuit short you have to remove the part you don't want and replace it with bare legs down to the ankles from another mesh using the Frankenmesh part of CAS Mesh Tools. Then you'll need to make it into a CAS part with one mesh part rather than three like the jumpsuit, so I would advise cloning shorts, renaming them, and importing your mesh to that.

Thx for reply Cmar I really appreciate.
Ok so I converted the other three lower parts GEOM's and imported to Milkshape and this is a preview of how it look

I tried to delete the lower parts but the GEOM dissapeared xd , sorry if i'm going blind here , but well this is how we learn eventually
About to clone shorts i will try it right now , and let you know how it go .
Thank you .
Test Subject
#160 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 6:31 PM
Ok so i did a little experimenting with the clone shorts and i think i'm getting there hehehe

what i did was to replace the clone shorts with the bottom parts GEOM's (3 in total and don't know if i did right )
the issue now has to be with texture i think how to put skin in the legs , i know it can be done 'cause i saw a pic a TSR , a dres in the beginning become a top and a skirt
outfit by Alexandra Sine
but i don't have the slight idea on how to make this part invisible anyhow i will keep '' Try and Error'' xd
thank you so much for your help guys and sorry to be a pain ......
Test Subject
#161 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leeah
Ok so i did a little experimenting with the clone shorts and i think i'm getting there hehehe

what i did was to replace the clone shorts with the bottom parts GEOM's (3 in total and don't know if i did right )
the issue now has to be with texture i think how to put skin in the legs , i know it can be done 'cause i saw a pic a TSR , a dres in the beginning become a top and a skirt
outfit by Alexandra Sine
but i don't have the slight idea on how to make this part invisible anyhow i will keep '' Try and Error'' xd
thank you so much for your help guys and sorry to be a pain ......

You should be able to export the dds texture in s4pe and open it in gimp or photoshop, then you can simply delete the pantlegs in the image below the short length, save and import the dds back into s4pe and voila the skin should appear :} it might take some trial and error to get the correct length.
Test Subject
#162 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Uberkid
You should be able to export the dds texture in s4pe and open it in gimp or photoshop, then you can simply delete the pantlegs in the image below the short length, save and import the dds back into s4pe and voila the skin should appear :} it might take some trial and error to get the correct length.

Nop that didn't work for me i use Paint Shop Pro 9 and i tried delete background with the background Eraser the . DDS got white on the parts i erase and also tried to paint green like the background and then the legs went to green , i ' dont know what else should i do i have been searching over the internet but no luck , if you know other way let me know pls i also have photoshop CS2 althoough my knowledge is limited working on it , anyway thank you very much for taking the time to help , very appreciatte, hugs.
Test Subject
#163 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 11:45 PM
Nop that didn't work for me i use Paint Shop Pro 9 and i tried delete background with the background Eraser the . DDS got white on the parts i erase and also tried to paint green like the background and then the legs went to green , i ' dont know what else should i do i have been searching over the internet but no luck , if you know other way let me know pls i also have photoshop CS2 althoough my knowledge is limited working on it , anyway thank you very much for taking the time to help , very appreciatte, hugs.

OH! You need to erase it so it's transparent, not white or green. I'm not familiar with Paint Shop Pro. Try opening it in photoshop. and then duplicate the layer, delete the background layer and select and delete all the green with the magic wand tool if there's any. you should see a checkered pattern if done properly, then again I have cs6 so I'm not as familiar with cs2. Then delete the part of the legs. Also I've found I have to edit the alphas separately in photoshop so go to the channels tab and find your alpha channel, paint black the part you deleted from the legs. I'd recommend downloading gimp. it's actually much easier to edit textures in gimp in some ways than in photoshop as they show up transparent, not green and you don't have to edit the alpha channel separately.
Test Subject
#164 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Uberkid
OH! You need to erase it so it's transparent, not white or green. I'm not familiar with Paint Shop Pro. Try opening it in photoshop. and then duplicate the layer, delete the background layer and select and delete all the green with the magic wand tool if there's any. you should see a checkered pattern if done properly, then again I have cs6 so I'm not as familiar with cs2. Then delete the part of the legs. Also I've found I have to edit the alphas separately in photoshop so go to the channels tab and find your alpha channel, paint black the part you deleted from the legs. I'd recommend downloading gimp. it's actually much easier to edit textures in gimp in some ways than in photoshop as they show up transparent, not green and you don't have to edit the alpha channel separately.

Thank you very much for your help Uberkid
I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT
i was jumping of happines xd but... ( why there is always a but?) i noticed a thing , i don't know where i messed up maybe it has something to do with what Cmar said about GEOMS for diferents size of boots
here is a pic i hope someone knows .

Other thing Cmar i cloned the shorts and went to FrankenMesh and convert the GEOM's i had in to one GEOM and replace it with the shorts , when i went to test it at the game it crashed , do it twice and with the same ressult , the thing is i noticed when i replaced the mesh create it by FrankenMesh it didn't have a GEOM preview option when right click on it ( don't know if its normal)
Well guys thank you very much for all your help , good night , today is enough
Test Subject
#165 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 9:56 AM
My first mesh with new texture
Hi everybody, my English is not very good. Therefore I use Google translator
So thank you so much for this super tool. My income is the change a mesh.
I have not tested the mesh extensively in the game. But in Cas he looks very good.

click to enlarge

Sim2-Fashion wird geschlossen !! Aus Sim2-Fashion wird Fashion4Sims
Sim2-Fashion is closed !! From Sim2-Fashion is Fashion4Sims
Fashion4Sims bei Facebook
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#166 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 1:31 PM
Thank you very much for your help Uberkid
I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT
i was jumping of happines xd but... ( why there is always a but?) i noticed a thing , i don't know where i messed up maybe it has something to do with what Cmar said about GEOMS for diferents size of boots
here is a pic i hope someone knows .

Other thing Cmar i cloned the shorts and went to FrankenMesh and convert the GEOM's i had in to one GEOM and replace it with the shorts , when i went to test it at the game it crashed , do it twice and with the same ressult , the thing is i noticed when i replaced the mesh create it by FrankenMesh it didn't have a GEOM preview option when right click on it ( don't know if its normal)
Well guys thank you very much for all your help , good night , today is enough

Wow, that looks really strange. It looks like the upper part of the boots aren't appearing. Maybe there's something in the meshes that makes the top of the boots disappear when pants are worn over them?? We don't yet know what controls the layering - what mesh is 'on top' and makes the meshes under it disappear - but I'll look into it.

As for the crashing, it could be something wrong with the mesh or it could be the seemingly random crashing we've been getting with some custom mesh clones on some computers.

Test Subject
#167 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 5:38 PM
Thx Cmar for answer .

Well I'm putting aside the Jumpsuit project for the moment duet that i have no idea how to fix it , and went to try another thing I cloned the BlouseRolledSleeve to make it a bit shorter ( this time i wanted to try an easier thing) , so I exported the GEOM and converted it to S3 but when i tried to import it to Milkshape this error window pop up

and i can't import nothing , i tried with the other GEOM's from the Blouse and no luck , anyone knows if this a common error? or did i did something wrong?
Thx in advance , and sorry for been such a newbie that has to ask help for everything :ashamed
Test Subject
#168 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 9:11 PM
question
hello
I have today found in the game that the mesh is not shown at all zoom levels. So I now have every part (I suspect that the zoom levels are) edited The mesh is now also displayed at all zoom levels.
This is very inconvenient. Is there another way?

Sim2-Fashion wird geschlossen !! Aus Sim2-Fashion wird Fashion4Sims
Sim2-Fashion is closed !! From Sim2-Fashion is Fashion4Sims
Fashion4Sims bei Facebook
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#169 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 10:59 PM
Thx Cmar for answer .

Well I'm putting aside the Jumpsuit project for the moment duet that i have no idea how to fix it , and went to try another thing I cloned the BlouseRolledSleeve to make it a bit shorter ( this time i wanted to try an easier thing) , so I exported the GEOM and converted it to S3 but when i tried to import it to Milkshape this error window pop up

and i can't import nothing , i tried with the other GEOM's from the Blouse and no luck , anyone knows if this a common error? or did i did something wrong?
Thx in advance , and sorry for been such a newbie that has to ask help for everything :ashamed

You seem to have discovered a new mesh format. I'm going to have to investigate and see if this is only being used for this one piece of clothing, and may be just be a mistake on EA's part, or if I need to update CAS Tools to handle it. Meanwhile, please work with other meshes. And don't feel bad, this isn't anything you did wrong.

Quote: Originally posted by biene1970
hello
I have today found in the game that the mesh is not shown at all zoom levels. So I now have every part (I suspect that the zoom levels are) edited The mesh is now also displayed at all zoom levels.
This is very inconvenient. Is there another way?

Another way to do what? If you mean is there an easy way to do meshes for all the lods (zoom levels), no there isn't, at least not now. To do it right, you have to modify the meshes for each lod. It's a lot of work, I know.

Instructor
#170 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 11:15 PM
I made a skirt using your mesh tools, which can be found here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=535740

Unfortunately, there's a weird seam that appears right below the knee (which you can see in the in-game screenshot). It seems to be the area where the two mesh parts (part 0 and part 1) meet. I'm not sure what causes it, but I've only edited mesh part 0 (and left the others untouched) because the other parts are just the lower legs.

Any idea why this happens?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#171 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 12:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sadisticpyro
I made a skirt using your mesh tools, which can be found here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=535740

Unfortunately, there's a weird seam that appears right below the knee (which you can see in the in-game screenshot). It seems to be the area where the two mesh parts (part 0 and part 1) meet. I'm not sure what causes it, but I've only edited mesh part 0 (and left the others untouched) because the other parts are just the lower legs.

Any idea why this happens?

I suspect you had Autosmooth on in the Groups tab when you modified the mesh - there's also a seam down the sides of the upper legs.

Test Subject
#172 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 12:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
You seem to have discovered a new mesh format. I'm going to have to investigate and see if this is only being used for this one piece of clothing, and may be just be a mistake on EA's part, or if I need to update CAS Tools to handle it. Meanwhile, please work with other meshes. And don't feel bad, this isn't anything you did wrong.

No Problem Cmar , thank you very much for your support to this Community, i'm surely be around asking dumb question and experimenting a little more, Hugs.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#173 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 12:37 AM
I've uploaded version 0.5 of CAS/Mesh Tools in the OP. I'm hoping this will be helpful to people having bumpmap problems since this version will clone bumpmaps and will optionally remove bumpmaps and/or specular maps. Here's my test, using a dress with the diffuse texture painted a blank gray:

Screenshots

Test Subject
#174 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 1:10 AM
Ok hello again so probably a newbie question but i dont want to mess up a cloned object , how can i add to it a swatch ? , cause i tried to did it with Color Magic but it crashed , so i freaked out and think that is better to ask , in Cas Tool when i open the cloned object doesn't appear the IMG file that normally shows in Color Magic , thx in advance.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#175 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 2:32 AM
Sorry, but CAS Tools doesn't have the ability to work with swatches at this time. It will probably be added in a future version.

Locked thread | Locked by: CmarNYC Reason: Tool now in Downloads - comments should go there.
Page 7 of 36