Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 1:22 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Bodyshop is being extremely weird
my bodyshop is being very weird...i tried loading it maybe five times, and almost every time it did something different. a couple times it said something about an image error (i think it was a different message both times) and crashed. but it didn't shut down, it just sat there. and a couple times it loaded fine, but then when i clicked on build sims it didn't want to do anything (one time it did load and one of my sims showed up, but then it went blue again).

i just installed a bunch of new stuff for a project i was going to do, and i deleted some of my downloads too. i hadn't actually played in a while.

i tried the game problem faq, and when i removed my saved sims and downloads folders, it loaded totally fine and went to the build sims screen fine. but when i got there, most of the sims were screwed up... all the ya females were missing their hair and wearing the 'missing mesh' outfits, and the ya men had their hair, but their outfits were weird too.

all the other age groups seem alright.

does anyone have any idea what i should do? i'm really tired of re-installing and re-downloading everything...

btw i have all the expansion packs installed, except apartment life. i don't have any stuff packs installed.
Advertisement
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 3:19 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • General - Problem Custom Content
    Your issue is related to conflicting, outdated, or badly made custom content. Please follow the Finding Problem Custom Content FAQ.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Sep 2010 at 11:51 AM
how can this new problem be caused by custom content when i removed all my custom content?
retired moderator
#4 Old 5th Sep 2010 at 3:53 PM
If your game will only load once with your custom content removed, your problem is most likely because of CC. Please follow the steps to sort through your downloads and then if you are still having problems getting your game or Bodyshop to load with CC included, let us know.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 3:05 PM
i tested it without my user files, and it loaded fine, but i still seem to be having trouble with the young adults. the hair and clothes are having serious issues, some stuff just isn't showing up and the girls don't have hair at all. my question is: what should i do if one problem seems to be fixed, but then something else happens?
retired moderator
#6 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 12:44 PM
Did you do the 50/50 sorting method?

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 2:29 PM
no, because i took all my downloads out and it still wouldn't load right, so i thought it was probably something else that was the problem. without my user files it loads fine, but i have glitches with the young adults. very weird... the girls now show up with hair (they're still bald in the thumbnails though), but you can only change it if you make a sim of another age and then make them a young adult O_O what the hell! otherwise things are the same. i'm thinking maybe something conflicted with specifically uni and pretty much broke all the stuff that comes with that expansion pack.. NONE of the stuff that comes with uni is showing up at all in bodyshop.
retired moderator
#8 Old 18th Sep 2010 at 2:38 PM
As much as you probably don't want to hear this, it really sounds like you need to go through the entire Game Problem faq.