Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#151 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 9:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gingerxyz
Not my world, not my project, my opinions have no authority here, etc etc

but, that said, the stairs are really bugging me? Specifically all the unusable black space next to them. It's kind of a pet peeve of mine. Even if the space is going to be in an NPC area, it still really bugs me to know that if it wasn't an NPC space you still wouldn't be able to make use of it because of the shape! And in this instance it's actually really simple to fix multiple instances of it!

Oh believe me I've already tried to do it your way... In fact that was my original plan. But I couldn't make it work! As I recall, I only ended up walling off those spaces and painting them black because I couldn't place anything there, neither stairs nor objects, and if I managed to succeed at placing anything (using MOO) the sims would inevitably throw routing tantrums.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#152 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 2:19 PM
@Gingerxyz: but I do appreciate your taking the time to come up with a good fix for that issue, and doing so in a way that respects my original design. I think I will reorient that single staircase leading up to the second storey, in any case.
Scholar
#153 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Spoonsthings
Oh believe me I've already tried to do it your way... In fact that was my original plan. But I couldn't make it work! As I recall, I only ended up walling off those spaces and painting them black because I couldn't place anything there, neither stairs nor objects, and if I managed to succeed at placing anything (using MOO) the sims would inevitably throw routing tantrums.
@Gingerxyz: but I do appreciate your taking the time to come up with a good fix for that issue, and doing so in a way that respects my original design. I think I will reorient that single staircase leading up to the second storey, in any case.

Oh wow, that's really strange. I wonder what could possibly have been causing that? And it was no trouble at all, honestly it took me more time to load up the game than it did to think of a solution/build it. It being your original plan definitely explains why it was so easy to think of!

Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
@Gingerxyz- Sounds like you want to claim a lot lol Once more buildings are done, I'll send you an updated version of the world and you can directly highlight areas that need addressing.

Honestly I would have claimed something if I'd had any confidence in myself to actually get it done! I've been fiddling around with a bunch of different lots in Sao Paten for months, trying to figure out designs that meet my weird ass perfectionist standards. It's been fun, but not very successful! But if me pointing out stuff that bugs me for silly reasons is in any way helpful then I'm happy to help!

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Lab Assistant
#154 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 9:26 PM Last edited by Spoonsthings : 24th Aug 2016 at 10:15 PM.
Default C21 and C23 uploaded (follow links in post)
Updated the posts for C23 and the redone version of C21 with download links to the lots (in .package form) and updated screenshots. Will get started on C22 in a few days.
Lab Assistant
#155 Old 27th Aug 2016 at 12:18 AM
I'm editing two suburban lots (one on C an other on D section).
Also, is E32 intended to be a consulate? It looks a lot like one! (and yes, I want to edit the lot )
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#156 Old 27th Aug 2016 at 1:19 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 28th Aug 2016 at 10:27 PM.
@mwthesims3- Sounds good! Remember to check the guidelines on the first page. E32 is a plain apartment block, nothing too fancy going on there.

I'll update the list when I get back.

Edit: Updated
Scholar
#157 Old 27th Aug 2016 at 4:10 PM
C21 has been updated, with hidden rooms being properly hidden through the use of black wallpaper and floors, and NPC doors marked as such. I also took the advice given by @Gingerxyz into consideration, and redid the stairs: apparently whatever ghost was haunting my game when I first worked on this lot has now been successfully exorcised, because I was able to do it the way s/he suggested with no problems! Yay!

It's she

Glad to hear it's working properly now!

Although now the pictures in that post aren't loading for me? The ones in earlier posts work fine but these ones have some kind of error symbol on a white background?

jus nou drein jus daun
Lab Assistant
#158 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 8:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gingerxyz
Although now the pictures in that post aren't loading for me? The ones in earlier posts work fine but these ones have some kind of error symbol on a white background?

Oh, that's really weird! The images are showing up fine for me, but that may just be because I have "permission" to view them by default, with my filehost (Google Photos). I don't really think that's likely to be the case, but just in case, does anyone else have trouble seeing the photos I posted?

Though Jje1000 might like to know, I have been having trouble downloading photos from this thread in general.... the maps of each part of the world (A~E) and certain of the lot previews uploaded by other contributors do not save, or save improperly, and my system keeps reading the image files as broken?
Scholar
#159 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 8:49 PM
@spoonsthings - Your pictures in post # 21 show fine for me, but those in #148 do not. Most other photos in the thread seem to be okay. So, it sounds like it might be an issue with your system.
Lab Assistant
#160 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 4:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmyRN
@spoonsthings - Your pictures in post # 21 show fine for me, but those in #148 do not. Most other photos in the thread seem to be okay. So, it sounds like it might be an issue with your system.

Oh, I deleted the image I linked in post 148, because it was mostly to alert Jje to a potential issue, which he now knows about. Gingerxyz was talking about posts 149 and 150: if those images are showing for you, that means they're fine.
Scholar
#161 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 12:16 AM
Well the pictures are working for me now?? So I guess the problem is solved, whatever it was?

jus nou drein jus daun
Lab Assistant
#162 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 6:28 PM
Default D - 25x25 lot finished
This is a "starter" lot (around §19300). It's named as Bayt Almasak

Also, here's a preview of the C section house.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Bayt Almasak.rar (1.21 MB, 52 downloads) - View custom content
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#163 Old 1st Sep 2016 at 12:36 AM
@Spoonsnthings & @mwthesims3

Got your lots! Thanks!

Any lots you want to look at next?
Lab Assistant
#164 Old 3rd Sep 2016 at 7:41 PM Last edited by MW_thesism3 : 4th Sep 2016 at 4:27 AM.
Default E32 Finished!
I've made the United SimNation Consulate as a starter apartment lot (it costs around §10200). It also comes with a communitary laundromat.

@jje1000 I made it as you said, not too fancy (the fanciest part of the lot is the consul's office)
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  The United SimNation Consulate.rar (2.18 MB, 54 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
#165 Old 8th Sep 2016 at 11:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
@Spoonsnthings & @mwthesims3

Got your lots! Thanks!

Any lots you want to look at next?

I will finish C22 before I claim any other lots. It's proving difficult to come up with a design for a community lot, however, especially one that's supposed to house a rabbithole.
Lab Assistant
#166 Old 11th Sep 2016 at 11:01 PM
Default C section house - Finished!
I made this house look like an early 20th Century french colonial house. It's named as Château de Pompidou.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Château de Pompidou.rar (2.98 MB, 45 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#167 Old 13th Sep 2016 at 12:41 PM
Wow, this world is really amazing.

Just curious, is the lake deep enough to put in dive lots? Underwater archaeology makes so much more sense here than in IP.
Instructor
#168 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 10:49 PM Last edited by scoopy_loopy : 21st Sep 2016 at 10:45 PM.
I used to have the same problem! By any chance, do you have this mod (velocitygrass Add Any Lot Size) installed? I got the "saving forever" issue whenever I had gone into/out of buydebug, when I had that mod installed. I don't actually think it's velocitygrass's mod's fault, so it's probably not a fundamental solution, but the problem was only solved for me by removing the mod AND doing a clean reinstall.

Interestingly enough, the buydebug items themselves don't seem to cause the issue... only the action of visiting the buydebug catalog. So it might also help to have default overrides of the room markers so that they show up in the regular catalog.

I /do/ I have the lot size mod! If it's as simple as removing that, wow, thank-you so much! I will try later today!

Edit: removed that mod, and still had issues. Removed everything but NRAAS and skins I've had for years, and the game saves again after visiting BuyDebug! Sweet relief. Thank-you so much for pointing out that mods were responsible!

Well that's what happens when you're on your own and you're alright at letting nice things go
Lab Assistant
#169 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scoopy_loopy
I /do/ I have the lot size mod! If it's as simple as removing that, wow, thank-you so much! I will try later today!

Edit: removed that mod, and still had issues. Removed everything but NRAAS and skins I've had for years, and the game saves again after visiting BuyDebug! Sweet relief. Thank-you so much for pointing out that mods were responsible!

I've JUST found an even better solution (else I would have shared this first!):

The awesome Danjaley has created collection files containing all the buydebug and "misc decor" items here that can be accessed without using any cheats at all. The collection files are even separate for each EP, so it also saves you from having to wade through that one huge Misc Decor tab.
Field Researcher
#170 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 4:14 PM
just came across this world, got it downloaded and am going to fill it with the available lots uploaded here. What's going on with this world? Any lots still needed being built? I'd love to help if I can, if the project is still in the works.

RylandHomes - Dorian Lard
Mad Poster
#171 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 6:27 AM
This is what happens way too often. Projects get started and die on the vine, for many reasons. It would be a shame if this is never completed as it looks wonderful from what has been done so far.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#172 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 1:52 PM
lol you're being a little pessimistic daisylee!

Still working on this, but currently not working on any lots at the moment!

@RylandHomes- a lot list and link to the map is located here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...735#post5074735

I'll try to find a link to the latest version of the world.
Mad Poster
#173 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 8:36 PM
Not seeing a post from you since August of last year was not a good sign. It is good to hear this is still a WIP.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#174 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 5:42 AM
@RylandHomes
@daisylee

Current version of the world:
https://mega.nz/#!ZAhVkLIS!mmjG83pQUrFxJfVTfSyCXfuWnYxKb0o7j8_He2LD6go

As of now:

LOT CLAIM LIST
- Ouerbacker- C17, 18, 19, 20
- Elbesadee- C-lot
- Spoonsthings- C22,
- Vincent T.- E41
- Scoopy_loopy- E25, 27
- MadeleineArneau- E45
- Blyss-
- mwthesims 3 - C & D-lots, E32

FINISHED LOTS
- Jawusa- A1-4, 6-8
- Spoonsthings- C21, 23
- Harvee- 2 Suburban lots
- Elbesadee- C14
- Vincent T.- C11, 12, 13, E34, E36/50
- Scoopy_loopy- E25, E26
- Blyss- E46-48
- mwthesims 3- D-lot

Lot map & references:
http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...042&postcount=1
Mad Poster
#175 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 6:16 AM Last edited by daisylee : 14th Jun 2017 at 7:08 AM.
Hope we see more.

edit: I am just installing the world now to take a look at it.

edit: Looked around a bit. You all are doing a great job. One thing though, and maybe just me, but it installed and opened easily, but when I tried to exit to the main menu I got never ending loading and had to use task manager to close the game. I am on 1.67 if that makes any difference.
Page 7 of 9