Latest Site News

Wanderlust, a new Sims 2 building contest - posted on 3rd Feb 2018 at 3:19 AM
Replies: 45 (Who?), Viewed: 2747 times.
Page 2 of 2
Temporarily Banned
#26 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 3:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamare
Sorry, if I misunderstood. I saw it on your page under "Custom content included" list. And you said here you will include it. So I got worried you actually did it.

did not add it. just demanded to be downloaded cause i hate that hotel. cause bon boyage hates pets going into hotels bvy default. now thanks to your mod that is possible. i never forced anyone to use it. i just want people that downloads that hotel to download that mod nothing else.
Instructor
#27 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 3:49 PM
I downloaded both of the updated mods and put them through the HCDU (separately of course) and both show a conflict as stated with Mogs shopping mod.

The thing is the version I downloaded in December no longer shows a conflict with Mog's Mod when put through the HCDU; I removed the no auto pet buy mod and moved Mogs mod out of her folder into a folder by itself … no more conflict. I’m to figure out what changed with your mod (without no auto buy pet).
just a girl
Original Poster
#28 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 3:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olc
did not add it. just demanded to be downloaded cause i hate that hotel. cause bon boyage hates pets going into hotels bvy default. now thanks to your mod that is possible. i never forced anyone to use it. i just want people that downloads that hotel to download that mod nothing else.

Ok, if you say so.

But if you tell me to read stuff, maybe you should follow your own advice and read it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilSister
I downloaded both of the updated mods and put them through the HCDU (separately of course) and both show a conflict as stated with Mogs shopping mod.

The thing is the version I downloaded in December no longer shows a conflict with Mog's Mod when put through the HCDU; I removed the no auto pet buy mod and moved Mogs mod out of her folder into a folder by itself … no more conflict. I’m to figure out what changed with your mod (without no auto buy pet).

Hm. Maybe that December version doesn't have a fix for ped displays yet? I added them after you reminded me about them.
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
staff: retired moderator
#29 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 3:54 PM
@olc Perhaps you could change the wording on your lot download. When you say 'custom content included' it indicates that the mod is inside the download. You could word it 'Recommended CC' or suchlike to encourage people to download, as for example in this lot:
https://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=313784
Temporarily Banned
#30 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 5:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
@olc Perhaps you could change the wording on your lot download. When you say 'custom content included' it indicates that the mod is inside the download. You could word it 'Recommended CC' or suchlike to encourage people to download, as for example in this lot:
https://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=313784

i can change the words, but i dont want anyone to use the hotel without that mod. so even if you say to me "if you add it as included it is if you added the mod inside" that does not work for me cause if you dont use the mod i dont want you to use the hotel. so it might no be included inside but i dont like the idea of one of my creations not beeing compatible with pets, except the uni dorm i did witch i took from the begenning as an exception.
Instructor
#31 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 8:43 PM
Quote:
Ok, if you say so. Hm. Maybe that December version doesn't have a fix for ped displays yet? I added them after you reminded me about them.

Not sure what you mean by if I say so ; the load order did remove the conflict in HCDU for that version but it doesn't have the fix for the pet displays. Going to try out the pet display fix.
just a girl
Original Poster
#32 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 9:05 PM
LilSister, it seems that you quoted a part of my answer to olc. My answer to you starts with "Hm"
To resolve conflict with pet display BHAVs, make my file load after Mog's and/or Pescado's. HCDU might still show possible conflict, but you'll get the result you want: YA availability + apartment shopping + no autonomous pet buying.
Temporarily Banned
#33 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 9:36 PM
Quote:
LilSister, it seems that you quoted a part of my answer to olc. My answer to you starts with "Hm"
To resolve conflict with pet display BHAVs, make my file load after Mog's and/or Pescado's. HCDU might still show possible conflict, but you'll get the result you want: YA availability + apartment shopping + no autonomous pet buying.

personally would love to have pets as customers. is there some mod out there to do so?
Instructor
#34 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 11:04 PM
Quote:

Sorry Lamare .... it's been one of those days with several senior moments; once you fall down the rabbit hole it's hard to climb out!
just a girl
Original Poster
#35 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 11:58 PM
Pet customers? Haven't heard of it.

Mad Poster
#36 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 3:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olc
personally would love to have pets as customers. is there some mod out there to do so?

The no autonomous pet buying only means that the sims you do not control won't be buying pets autonomously.
This is something that happen, if nothing is done about it. You'll be playing your home business pet shop and Goopy will come in and by a dog...
Then when you play Goopy, he has a dog you never wanted him to get.
We never had a cat or a dog, buying anything in that game though...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi franais !...surtout :0)
Temporarily Banned
#37 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 3:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebine
The no autonomous pet buying only means that the sims you do not control won't be buying pets autonomously.
This is something that happen, if nothing is done about it. You'll be playing your home business pet shop and Goopy will come in and by a dog...
We never had a cat or a dog, buying anything in that game though...

would love ALL my sims to buy 8 cats and or dogs autonomosly.
and would love a pets mods to allow them to purchase stuff autonomosly. also a hack to make them be able to be train on home for a pets career as a uni sim would study on uni. but all at home. like a classroom for your pet.
Quote:
Pet customers? Haven't heard of it.

all my sims cats are like this one. they are in a hurry to have stores to spend they silly cash.
Temporarily Banned
DELETED POST
16th Feb 2018 at 3:28 AM
This message has been deleted by olc.
just a girl
Original Poster
#38 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 4:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebine

You get asked before a dog is added to Goopy's family, so I personally don't use that hack. I can always say no, but sometimes I want to say yes to random pets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olc
also a hack to make them be able to be train on home for a pets career as a uni sim would study on uni. but all at home. like a classroom for your pet.

How would that be different from regular pet training? Pets would read text books?
Temporarily Banned
#39 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 4:45 AM
Quote:
You get asked before a dog is added to Goopy's family, so I personally don't use that hack. I can always say no, but sometimes I want to say yes to random pets.

How would that be different from regular pet training? Pets would read text books?

its would be the exact same thing as to train, but for example you can train yor pet to be a security officer (as the pet career) for example making him run for hours he would max the career so he gets an awesome level job.
and whats your surprise here? we are talking of a simulator with pet careers on mind... its so farfetch to thing they can go into a pet store and buy cat nip or dog biskets with their hard earn cash? complain to EA/maxis as to why pets have professional jobs and career's...
just a girl
Original Poster
#40 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 4:55 AM
What? I love absurd. I thought you meant text books.
Temporarily Banned
#41 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 5:04 AM
Quote:
What? I love absurd. I thought you meant text books.

if there is a reading animation, go for it i love it. i would prefer them study on the computer it seems more advanced. who knows what does the DNA alien into pets...
Mad Poster
#42 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 2:03 PM
Finally starting to be clear enough to play, and when I found myself wanting pets at university google brought me here. Will give the mod a try and report back

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
just a girl
Original Poster
#43 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 5:46 PM
Thanks, gummilutt

Meanwhile, I've tried pet pregnancy a couple more times with different pets and on a different lot and all went as it should - birth after 2.5 days. I don't know what happened the first time. Might have left sim blender in pregnancy acceleration mode or something.
Temporarily Banned
#44 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 7:39 PM
Quote:
Thanks, gummilutt

Meanwhile, I've tried pet pregnancy a couple more times with different pets and on a different lot and all went as it should - birth after 2.5 days. I don't know what happened the first time. Might have left sim blender in pregnancy acceleration mode or something.

what about the given birth pets when the uni sim/sims move out? they will follow you or they will end up on a sim limbo for the rest of the eternity?
Mad Poster
#45 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 10:44 PM
So far so good. My YAs living in an apartment on campus (apthack) were able to call and adopt two kittens over the phone. One day in, and kittens aged up one day when they were supposed to. Interactions and everything seem to be working.

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
just a girl
Original Poster
#46 Old Yesterday at 7:11 PM
Thank you, gummi.

olc, to move pets with sims from college you'll need additional mod. More on that in first post.

I found a few pet related wants/fears restricted for young adults: to obtain pet, offer pet for adoption, pet leaves family. Enabled them and updated the files.
Page 2 of 2