Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2010 at 4:02 PM
Rejected Uploads
How many tims did your uploads get rejected ? I bet that all of the people reading this thread uploaded something that got rejected. I never understood why are my uploads getting rejected... I have the most original ideas and they take a long time to do everythng How do you feel when your upload gets rejected? Do you think that MTS should reject creativity and expressing yourself? You can answer right here!

"Why do you think Dumbeldore left you that book, Miss Granger?" asked Scrimgeour.
"He ... he knew I liked books, said Hermione in a thick voice, mopping her eyes with her sleeve.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows (Bloomsbury)
Pg.143
line19-22
Advertisement
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Mar 2010 at 4:26 PM
When you get changes required, you also get a reason why. If you don't change/add/remove what is asked, you will get rejected. That should be perfectly clear.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 27th Mar 2010 at 4:29 PM
I'm curious about this "original ideas". Post some pictures, prettie please.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 27th Mar 2010 at 4:33 PM
Yes, I had something rejected from it once. Then I read where I went wrong, got some constructive criticism, and worked on it again and again until I got it right, rather than moan about it and throw my toys out of the pram.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Test Subject
#5 Old 28th Mar 2010 at 10:08 PM
my problem is often that the picture quality isnt the best.
Even if I change all settings to the highest, my graphic card doesnt allow me perfect pictures.
Even I think that the pictures arent blurred it gets rejected.
I have to live with it somehow.

Without you todays feelings would just be the empty cover of the feelings from then

"Sans toi, les émotions d'aujourd'hui ne seraient que la peau morte des émotions d'autrefois."

my...downloads
my...journal
my...flickr
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 28th Mar 2010 at 10:16 PM
You can always get a blog, like livejournal and post your stuff there. Then you don't have to worry about upload guidelines or getting rejected.
Theorist
#7 Old 29th Mar 2010 at 1:25 AM
I've had a rejected lot once because I was using community objects like the stock picnic basket, things that wouldn't be used in a household. It made sense, though. After I fixed it the lot was accepted. MTS wants working, playable, quality content that you can't get on other sites. Unfortunately there are those that steal others works and post it as their own.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 29th Mar 2010 at 7:54 AM
I've learned a LOT from rejections & "changes required" since I started uploading. Sure, at the time it's no so great, but when you improve something and it is then approved, every single time I was glad I was prompted to stop being lazy and make the changes that needed to be made. In the cases of some lots that got rejected way back when, I'm glad they did because I see them again and think "yuck." =D So yeah, I really appreciate the high standards of this site and the upload moderators.

Remember, being paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not after you.
Helptato
#9 Old 29th Mar 2010 at 5:21 PM
Once, but that was a misunderstanding, I think
I've had a changes required once or twice as well, but I don't have many uploads, so not that bad XD

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 11:04 AM
I've had loads of things rejected. It's generally about the information submitted.
I think that most things are rejected because of either lack of info or not enough pics or something.
I doubt many creations are rejected because they're boring or crappy ie: yellow and pink polka dot garden gnome.

Hydroxide

Hydroxide Studio | Visit me!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#11 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 11:13 AM
I think pretty much everyone has had something rejected at some point - my first uploads were rejected too - for quality, lack of good pics, etc... and hell, even my first uploads that got accepted sucked pretty bad before my skills improved and the upload guidelines were tightened. I leave them here mainly to point to people and go, "Look, all beginners suck - but all beginners can improve."

There's so much info and help to be found, it's really just a matter of making use of it. There's tutorials, Creator Feedback, the #create chat... lots of help around for beginners.

It can be disheartening to be rejected, but that's why we try to be gentle about it, and to give information on how to improve so you can get your work accepted here. We don't want anyone to feel bad about it, but at the same time, we aren't going to host every little thing that anyone might make regardless of quality... We're one of two sites I know of that have -any- kind of moderation of uploads: most places just accept absolutely everything no matter the quality (or lack thereof). There's a niche for every type of site, and our niche is quality and excellence. If that's not what you're looking for, then there's half a bajillion other sites out there that can cater to your needs. Me, I like displaying my work on a site that has lots of good stuff... kinda the difference between getting your work into a fancy gallery, and displaying it a flea market next to the velvet Elvis paintings.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
#12 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 2:11 PM
Yeah. I remember my first attempt at an upload was a sim of the Joker. At the time, I thought it was amazing. Now, looking back on it, I'm glad it got rejected, as I've seen better-looking things sitting in the trash-can, and I've seen some pretty disturbing things in there.

However, even with changes required, I get a rush every time I see that PM detailing approval.
Instructor
#13 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 9:55 PM
Mine were rejected once because the pictures I submitted were not showing the entire outfit - I fixed that fast
Mad Poster
#14 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 9:57 PM
they are not medieval enough. nuff said
Banned
#15 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 12:56 AM
My rejections are in the double digits... barely in the double digits. like, 10. Actually, 10.

But only half of that have been accepted. Less than that, actually. I realize that some of my stuff was... okay fine, pure *&@^@(. I'm glad some of it got on rejected. But others... i think were ok?
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 4:49 PM
My sim wasn't unique enough. I thought she was pretty unique, oh well (:

Inventor
#17 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 7:12 PM
It was pretty much like a fight to get my first upload online here. Finally I improved my skills and now it's not that hard to something accepted anymore.
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 9th Apr 2010 at 2:48 PM
First attempt at an upload was something of a bunker. Fare enough, it got rejected. And it wasn't my first rejection; most of my lots had to be uploaded more than twice.
Even now, I look back at my first upload, and though at that time I was like: "Yay!", I barely have any feeling for it now.
I can also remember that, to celebrate my first year as a member, i tried to make an anniversary house; let me say, there was a lot of criticism flying around the Feedback forum Nevertheless, I uploaded the house, and it got approved. Still, even I wasn't satisfied with it, so I asked for it to be removed.
Nowadays, besides MTS's standards, I use my own, giving my self grades on a scale of 1 to 10.

I don't give a f*ck, God sent me to piss the world off!
Test Subject
#19 Old 9th Apr 2010 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KyleTheArtist
they are not medieval enough. nuff said
Sorry If I posed this in the wrong spot but how do u take off the filter so I can download cheat objects .
Mad Poster
#20 Old 10th Apr 2010 at 11:36 PM
I've had a few things rejected. It's usually because I've filled out the forms wrong or included too many pictures.

I had a couple of outfits rejected way back when I first started uploading. The moderators were right: they weren't very good.

I don't find that the site moderation hampers creativity. I like the fact that you don't have to wade through a whole bunch of poorly made uploads just to find something decent.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#21 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 12:11 AM
I've gotten 3 (I think) rejections. I looked at them as a chance to learn. Even "changes required" is a chance to learn..as I'm learning right now. (*smiles and waves at the mods* 7 hours later- I think I've got it!) I don't let any of it upset me- just the fact that anything I create is good enough to be accepted makes up for any potential hurt feelings.
Test Subject
#22 Old 25th May 2015 at 2:20 AM
Look at all what they are reading, the increases will be rejected mientra're doing something wrong.
you'll have to control it, when it is assumed that no.

For example, climbed to Roxya. sim I created with the body shop.
but now says, necessary changes.

Then came a rejection.
Eye. I retire
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#23 Old 25th May 2015 at 2:31 AM
This thread is 5 years old. @Modsgt use Creator's feedback, post some pictures get some help there and your sim will probably be accepted.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
#24 Old 25th May 2015 at 3:18 AM Last edited by fairycake89 : 25th May 2015 at 3:38 AM.
joandsarah77 is quite right, look into the Creators Feedback Forum, everyone there is really helpful and nearly everyone there who will advise you has either been Starred, Featured or both - so who better to ask about uploading here?

*stands over thread grave with a stake and a hammer*

"Begone! Reanimated dead thread!"
Scholar
#25 Old 25th May 2015 at 4:34 AM
Hey, Babycakes, I'm death remember? I got this.

*smothers the thread in tape* I AM TAPE CAT, ALSO THE GRIM REAPER OR SOMETHING. BEGONE, DEAD THREAD!

The secret ingredient is phone.
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.
Thank you, O Mighty Doom Deity! - BL00DIEHELL
Page 1 of 3