Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Dec 2016 at 2:54 PM Last edited by TheSweetToddler : 4th Dec 2016 at 5:26 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default SOLVED My Sim's children look completely different
Hey again, I got a problem.

So, in CAS I made these parents yea, then I made them have a child, but the child looked completely different, He only had the hair of the mom and eyes of the dad but didn't look a thing like them, so I thought, maybe it's just a little glitch, but no. All of the children looked exactly the same as the first boy I made. That means that they all have the "cuarchBase" face, all of them. And it happened the same with a different family. So, I need help
Thanks for any help!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Dec 2016 at 4:15 PM
Pictures would help here.

All the kids looking exactly the same as the firstborn is a standard glitch, but that's because the randomizer that determines which combination of features the child gets from the parents is broken and will always produce the same combination the first time it's used during a session. So people who don't take steps to roll that randomizer several times before a baby is born will wind up having a bunch of clone kids; but the genes mix just fine in that case and the problem is getting the same combination each time.

Also, all babies look exactly alike except for coloring. You don't see what they look like till they grow to toddler, and even then they have to grow into their faces. Presumably you knew this and waited till they grew up to panic, but if you didn't - relax, it's normal for babies to all have the same face.

If you've got something keeping the genetics from working that's very serious and should be addressed ASAP. The first thing to do would be to pull the downloads folder and create some combinations in CAS. Create two parents with wildly different and exaggerated features so you'll be able to readily spot how the features are mixing - one parent with a big long nose, one with a small flat one; one with large eyes, one with small; one with a short round face, one with a long thin one, that kind of thing, then click the pacifier to make kids. You can run through a near-infinite number of combinations by repeatedly clicking the pacifier in the breeding screen.

If you can't recreate the problem with no download folder in, then it's simply a matter of doing the 50/50 procedure till you find the guilty mod or combination of mods.

If you can, then it's time to get creative. But give it a chance to be simple.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Dec 2016 at 4:41 PM Last edited by TheSweetToddler : 4th Dec 2016 at 5:00 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Pictures would help here.

All the kids looking exactly the same as the firstborn is a standard glitch, but that's because the randomizer that determines which combination of features the child gets from the parents is broken and will always produce the same combination the first time it's used during a session. So people who don't take steps to roll that randomizer several times before a baby is born will wind up having a bunch of clone kids; but the genes mix just fine in that case and the problem is getting the same combination each time.

Also, all babies look exactly alike except for coloring. You don't see what they look like till they grow to toddler, and even then they have to grow into their faces. Presumably you knew this and waited till they grew up to panic, but if you didn't - relax, it's normal for babies to all have the same face.

If you've got something keeping the genetics from working that's very serious and should be addressed ASAP. The first thing to do would be to pull the downloads folder and create some combinations in CAS. Create two parents with wildly different and exaggerated features so you'll be able to readily spot how the features are mixing - one parent with a big long nose, one with a small flat one; one with large eyes, one with small; one with a short round face, one with a long thin one, that kind of thing, then click the pacifier to make kids. You can run through a near-infinite number of combinations by repeatedly clicking the pacifier in the breeding screen.

If you can't recreate the problem with no download folder in, then it's simply a matter of doing the 50/50 procedure till you find the guilty mod or combination of mods.

If you can, then it's time to get creative. But give it a chance to be simple.

I did make the parents look completely different but every time I press on the pacifier the look of the child never changes, only the eyes and hair, you know the look next to the heart shaped look no? like when you are making the face, well it's that face and the children never look anything like the parents.

Here's a pic:

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Dec 2016 at 5:25 PM
Actually everyone, it was just a glitch, I restarted my game and it was fine. I think it was because I had the Sims 2 Apartment life screen on instead of the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. I kinda feel a little dumb now but eh. Anyway, thanks for all the help!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 4th Dec 2016 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSweetToddler
Actually everyone, it was just a glitch, I restarted my game and it was fine. I think it was because I had the Sims 2 Apartment life screen on instead of the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. I kinda feel a little dumb now but eh. Anyway, thanks for all the help!

Do you have both the disk version and the UC version at the same time or what?

Having the "Sims 2 Apartment life screen" sounds like you have both installed and this is not good for it can screw up both games.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Theorist
#6 Old 4th Dec 2016 at 5:46 PM

Happens to everyone in some way or another. I just had a blond moment myself not to long ago. Thought I had an issue with body shop, but it was my own fault when I was workin with some files so don't be to hard on yourself :D
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 4th Dec 2016 at 9:04 PM
I hope you do not have AL installed in a disk version at the same time as the UC, you can expect all manner of glitches along with the game simply not loading at all. You must uninstall all your disks if you have the UC installed.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Dec 2016 at 9:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I hope you do not have AL installed in a disk version at the same time as the UC, you can expect all manner of glitches along with the game simply not loading at all. You must uninstall all your disks if you have the UC installed.

I do not have any disks. I had the game on Origin. The only disk that I had was the base game but that doesn't work anymore.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 5th Dec 2016 at 10:31 AM
In that case you should probably go into origin and fix your game, showing the wrong screen is a serious glitch.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~