Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#126 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 3:39 AM
Default Spray shower can
Can I use a Spray shower can ?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#127 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 12:55 AM
Okay this sounds really interesting. My runaway will be a male whose overbearing father has planned out his future for him. My teen wants nothing to do with that future.

He will make his way to Bridgeport with just his bicycle (what teen male would leave their wheels behind). I figure being a teen he wouldn't have the haggling skills to get top dollar for what he finds so, I will be adjusting the amount earned from the sale of fish or items found while dumpster-diving; I figure He'll only get about 10% of the value. I will also use the family funds cheat to pay 10 simoleans a week (on Mondays) to the gym for the use of their facilities. What gym allows people to use their place for free?

Not having the edition that has sleeping bags I've decided he'll sleep on park benches until he finds a sleeping surface he can use. Oh and I will hide a urinal on his lot ... come on he's a guy ... He'll go water the bushes if the need arises.
Test Subject
#128 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 7:03 AM
I do like this challenge but when I try to download the mods it makes me download a bunch of other crap too
Test Subject
#129 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 12:07 AM Last edited by Alexpuddy : 30th Jan 2014 at 12:57 AM.
I'm having some issues while setting up my game. Whenever I'm in CAS and I have my teen ready, there si a warning that says I need an adult or young-adult in the group. I have master-controller, re-tuner, mover, vector, and woohooer mods installed. Is there something missing that I need, or is this an issue that is common that someone can help me with?

*EDIT* I just installed story progression like I saw in a post, but it did nothing. Any help? Please?
Test Subject
#130 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 6:07 PM
I'm gonna try this challenge once I know how to install mods for sims3. I've seen Sims3Symbiote play this and it looked really fun but ofcourse challenging!
Test Subject
#131 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alexpuddy
I'm having some issues while setting up my game. Whenever I'm in CAS and I have my teen ready, there si a warning that says I need an adult or young-adult in the group. I have master-controller, re-tuner, mover, vector, and woohooer mods installed. Is there something missing that I need, or is this an issue that is common that someone can help me with?

*EDIT* I just installed story progression like I saw in a post, but it did nothing. Any help? Please?

Try installing the Nraas Integration Mod. I installed that and deleted the mover mod and had no problems when leaving CAS without an adult. (Be sure to install the right version, though.) You could always add a random adult to the household, move them and your teen on the lot of your choice, have TCE on, and simply delete the adult. I don't recommend simply moving the adult out though, I couldn't go into Edit Town/Build/Buy mode because there was "a move in progress".

I started this challenge a few hours ago in one of SimRealtys' worlds. I started off with a 64X64 lot though. It made more sense to me; you're out in the middle of freaking no where. The land you can use is pretty much unlimited. I also adopted a dog to keep my sim from getting lonely, since it's hard to interact with other teens since they're usually out in the open.
Field Researcher
#132 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 1:37 AM
Im doing this, but I cant do mods (wont work no matter how hard i try) so to get her pregnant i made her and her BF young adults, and married them and had them try for baby, then made boy teen, and she is YA.........I will make her teen once baby is born. Is that OK?
Test Subject
#133 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 11:46 AM
I'm going to do this challenge. But I won't be using mods because my computer doesn't agree with mods.
Test Subject
#134 Old 8th Feb 2014 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jerseygirl1983
I had that problem too so I created the household with a YA and then plopped them down in some random house. Then I had the teen move to her 10x10 lot and had no problems there
to enable the mover mod click the city hall - nraas - mover and enable no adult households
Test Subject
#135 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dedreav0531
Try downloading the MasterController mod as well, it has something you need to enable for teens to be made in CAS without adults.

You make an adult and move them out. My game can't handle Master Controller, but if your game can then I suggest installing it.
Test Subject
#136 Old 12th Feb 2014 at 2:11 AM
How do I make the teen to get pregnant
Test Subject
#137 Old 14th Feb 2014 at 12:39 AM
what about subways?
Test Subject
#138 Old 15th Feb 2014 at 2:00 AM
i got the nraas woohooer mod but my teen is pregnant and invisible can only see her hands head and feet what do i do?
Test Subject
#139 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 1:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stasia145
i got the nraas woohooer mod but my teen is pregnant and invisible can only see her hands head and feet what do i do?

download a maternity wear for teens eg
http://www.poppysims.com/

and if you have master controller, click on your sims, nraas, advanced, edit in CAS, and you should be able to choose
the specific maternity wear you downloaded

and BABAM

you sim now has a body :D
Test Subject
#140 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Minaki
I never did a sims challenge and this one looks pretty plain and simple for me to start with. I believe the biggest challenge is gonna be not using cheats, since I never normally play sims without them anymore xD
Currently I have so much cc that it takes my game half an hour or more to open, but I'll be sure to give this a try once I finish cleaning it up.

*Alert* Replying to old posts xD
Thumbs up to all you said, same problem for the taking ages to load up as of custom content..
Also it's my first challenge too and I thought the same thing when I saw this AND I always use cheats x3
Test Subject
#141 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 9:41 PM
i think i am going to try this out! but i have a question.if your in lucky palms can you use the wishing well to get money? also can you be a supernatural?
Field Researcher
#142 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 12:13 AM
My teen, after getting married, had twins. In a 3 room house.
Test Subject
#143 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 9:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StardustX
Ello! C:
This is a way of playing I've been doing for a while, even before I got into mods. Which is MUCH harder by the way. I haven't seen any challenges like this but please let me know if I'm essentially "copying" someone. ^^;

Before I start, I should let you know that to do this challenge properly, you'll need a few mods. I would suggest these. They're awesome even when not doing the challenge, so you should download them whether you plan to do this challenge or not. :P

More requested no autonomy mods for Pets and Generations by claudiasharon, if you have Pets. You can download other mods there if you want, but make sure to get "csnoautoeatharvestplant" at least. It stops wild animals from eating your plants.
--
Curfew Disabler by Sniper296. Does what it sounds like, disables the curfew. This will come in handy, trust me. I disabled it for both teens and children.
--
Twallan's Mover. Allows households without teens. Similar mods can be used if you have any.
--
And Twallan's Woohooer. Allows teens to WooHoo with other teens, or adults. I would also suggest KamaSimtra so your sims can WooHoo for money. This mod is NOT required, but I prefer having it for realism.

You should have at least Ambitions, and optionally World Adventures
I do this challenge with almost all EPs.

You're a runaway teenage sim, from a country far away. You've fled from your country to the city of Bridgeport to start a new life for yourself. But you didn't anticipate how hard it would be to start off with nothing but the clothes on your back and your trusty sleeping bag. Will you make it, become successful, start a family and grow old with your partner and children? Or will you perish in the dark, gloomy alleys of Bridgeport? Only time will tell.

You don't HAVE to play in Bridgeport, by the way. It's just what I like to use, any town works.

RULES:
You cannot build any kind of shelter for yourself until you have earned the money to do so.
You cannot have any electronics or appliances, or cell phone access (put it on silent), until you have a home (at least 1 living, 1 bath, and 1 bed room).
You cannot have a part time job until you have a child, or are a Young Adult. You can't have a full time job until you have a home (at least 1 living, 1 bath, and 1 bed room).
You cannot cook/shower/etc on other people's lots or interact with anyone until you're a YA. You're a runaway, they'll report you as such right? If your social meter gets low, you can interact with children, teens, or pets. Or you can have your own child.
You can shower and use the restroom at any public place, such as the fire station or gym. You can use the fridge at the fire station one day a week (up to 3 times) for snacks (steal too much food and you'll get caught). If you have Seasons, you can have your sim go swimming in a lake/ocean, and slowly drag their hygeine bar us with TCE on. This is what I do.
You can start buying food from the food truck, concession stands, vending machines, diner, etc. once you have 500 simoleons saved up. But only every other day.
You can dumpster dive, rummage through trash cans, and salvage furniture. You CANNOT replace the ruined furniture by clicking on it and clicking "replace", ever. But seats, tables, etc. are still useable. Don't use a ruined crib for a baby, otherwise the baby will get "stuck" and you'll have to resetsim.
Your main food sources are plants and vegetables that you grow yourself, but you can harvest wild ones if you want. No "special" plants allowed.
You can fish all you want, and sell those to the grocer.
You can use a taxi. You should buy a pink flamingo decoration with each taxi ride, which is worth 5 simoleons, and put it in your family inventory each time you use a taxi. You can never access these.
You can buy a bike when you have the money, but no car.

And now on to the actual challenge!
The goal here is to survive. There are no "points". You're simply trying to survive, start a new life for yourself. You should aim for having a high paying job, at least 1-2 children/grandchildren, and a big house. The main thing you're doing is getting money the "old" way, by fishing, collecting and gardening, and by selling scrap metal.

So to start out. Make your sim. I usually play as a female because it's easier to have babies if you download WooHooer, it adds difficulty. But you can play as a male if you wish.

They can look however you want, but the hair shouldn't be "glamorous". Ideally, it should be in a ponytail, cut short, under an ugly hat, etc. Clothing should be dirty looking, the werewolf clothing that came with SN is perfect if you have that EP.
You may have any traits, but no more than ONE that would make things easier. Those include traits such as: Loves Heat, Loves Cold, Green Thumb, Mooch, Angler, Kleptomaniac, Loves the Outdoors.

Place a 10x10 lot outside of the city somewhere, where no one can find you. You're a runaway remember? Move your sim onto this lot. Buy a sleeping bag (or bed if you don't have WA), then set your simoleon amount to 0.
(This is done by pressing control+c, typing "testingcheatsenabled true". Hit enter. Then enter "familyfunds [your sims' last name] 0")

And now you begin your new life. I usually start by going to the junkyard and getting some scrap to sell, so I can buy a few basic vegetables to plant and eat.

I hope this isn't too much, LOL, that turned out way longer than I thought it would. I promise it's not really hard to remember in game.
Well anyways, let me know if you decide to do this challenge. ^^ Screenshots of your sims would be cool.

going to try this never done a sims chalinge befor
Lab Assistant
#144 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 3:47 PM Last edited by keepsims : 16th Mar 2014 at 4:38 PM.
This is my Sim's story

Her name is Anna-Jane Wilber she is a loner, angler, loves animals, and some thing else. As a child her father abused her and blamed her for her mother's death (even thought she died in labor of Anna's little sister). One day her dad said they had to move. She had enough she ran away to the edge of town. She has pink hair because she bleached her hair then died it pink as a way to rebel.

This is her on her 3ed day with a tiny garden.

Tragic Clowned (no rule against using a llama, it is by her houses at a fishing spot ).

What is with the run Anna.

Having fun?

The garden is growing.

is that for ME? Oh no it is not

Even bigger

And that was Anna-Jane first week. I am going to make it 21 day till age up.
Test Subject
#145 Old 30th Mar 2014 at 2:06 AM
I can't get the mods to work so I am not able to do this challenge, how do I have a teen not have parents so she can live alone without mods?
Lab Assistant
#146 Old 30th Mar 2014 at 2:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dannietg
I can't get the mods to work so I am not able to do this challenge, how do I have a teen not have parents so she can live alone without mods?

What you do is u leave CAS with a stranger and ur Sim then u delete the stranger.
Test Subject
#147 Old 30th Mar 2014 at 4:19 PM Last edited by Nikkichic2 : 30th Mar 2014 at 5:26 PM.
I can't start my game with out a YA or A and when I get mods they don't show I got my sims from the net.
What con I do?

P.S. My Mother does not like it if I kill them.
Help Me
Test Subject
#148 Old 30th Mar 2014 at 7:55 PM
I've always wanted to do this challenge. I just ordered some more expansion packs and I'll begin when they arrive.~
Test Subject
#149 Old 31st Mar 2014 at 3:03 AM
I found away to make a Teen live alone without having to kill a Adult Sim

1. Create an YA and Move into a House

2. do the Testing Cheats thing and and click on the Sim and and edit the Sim in CAS and age them down and click the check button

3. Have Fun!
Test Subject
#150 Old 1st Apr 2014 at 5:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dannietg
I found away to make a Teen live alone without having to kill a Adult Sim

1. Create an YA and Move into a House

2. do the Testing Cheats thing and and click on the Sim and and edit the Sim in CAS and age them down and click the check button

3. Have Fun!

Thank you I can start the challenge :p
Page 6 of 17