Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#101 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 1:28 PM
Megan heard the gun shots to. The gun shots meant there were more people out there, but it also meant they were armed and possibly dangerous.
Megan nodded and made to follow him out of the bunker, then remembered something. She reached into her bag quickly and pulled out some clothes, Here, this looks about your size. she said and pushed them across the floor to him. Hopefully the act of giving up some of her clothes would show him she was trust worthy, and relieve some of the uncertainty he felt towards her.
Megan felt like she could trust the boy, but should she feel that way? Was he dangerous?
Why is that thing the way he is? Does he shape shift or something? she had been about to add 'like me' but decided she probably shouldn't tell the youth about that, yet.
She had many questions she wanted to ask the boy. He seemed to know a lot more about, well everything, than she did at the moment. Instead of asking everything that was on her mind however, she stuck with just one, What's your name?

May Your Life Be As Long, And As Useful, As A Roll Of Toilet Paper
Grammar: The difference between knowing your garbage and knowing you're garbage. ;P
Advertisement
Scholar
#102 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 1:51 AM
Nixxy followed Lacey, shocked at what had happened. Somewhere, deep down, she knew that she had been way too trustworthy, but she hadn't been expecting that. As an afterthought, she realized that she had let herself get sloppy when she just let Vivian sneak behind her the way he had. What Nixxy really needed was to clear her mind, and focus. 'A threat is a threat, and a threat has to be eliminated. If you get a bad feeling about someone, you're probably right,' Nixxy thought to herself, trying to stay alert as she followed Lacey warily.

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#103 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 3:54 AM
((Of course I'll PM you. Don't worry. I've been giving him warning for nearly 2 months. That's why I've only just killed him now.))

Nobody came out. Nobody moved except Nixxy behind her. "Can you hear anything?" She asked Nixxy, still holding her gun warily. "I can't hear like you can. In fact I can barely hear at all now."
Lacy's eyes scanned every little crack and crevice for movement like they could, but she saw nothing. Only lizards and snakes slithering away from the noise. "Nixxy? We need to find this person or people. We need to find them now. Before they become a threat."
Lacy felt the advanced weapons training and bloodlust rise up within her. She quickly squashed it. There would be plenty of time to attack after they found them and if they weren't trustworthy.

"In spite of everything, I believe that people are really good at heart."
-Anne Frank

"If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
-Sherlock Holmes
Test Subject
#104 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 4:17 AM Last edited by tachyglossus : 3rd Mar 2012 at 5:03 PM.
Chime is silent as he watches the clothes being slid over to him. For a brief moment he just stares down at them, his face robbed of any expression. He then grunts softly and goes over, picking them up and holding them out, letting them unfurl to gage their size. After a moment he nods in affirmation. He quickly and sloppily struggles into the trousers before whipping off his dirty gown and squirming into the top, ending up wearing it backwards, but does not seem to notice or care. he glances alertly around him, then looks back at Megan. He had his own questions, particularly about her method of communication, but they remained as half-formed, floating curiosity rather than structured sentences.

Chime sucks in some air before answering all of Megan's questions. H tilts his head to the hideous creature, and then shrugs with a slight twinge. "I don't know. Something has happened here, but I do not know what," the boy explains. He pauses a moment, giving Megan an odd look before he responds, "Chime." (Pronounced with a hard C, sounding more like Kime than Chime)

Still questions pressed on him, but he needed to prioritize and consider survival before curiousity. "Do you know the way out?" Chime gets ready to follow the girl if she does, no further questions asked.

((In other words, next pose if you wish you can have her lead him out into the sun so we can finally get rolling. ))
Test Subject
#105 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 1:49 PM
Megan nodded and beckoned him to follow her. She walked through a set of sliding glass doors and up a long flight of stairs. The sun was shinning hot, and bright, but the wind was blowing strongly kicking up sand and throwing it into their eyes, Well, here we are. she said looking around in disgust. In all the books she has read, which was a lot, the world never looked like this. Megan threw her hand over her eyes and groaned, she had been underground for so long that the bothered her light gray eyes and creamy, white skin. The sun bothered her so much so that it gave her a headache.
Megan brought her pack around so she could view the inside. She took out one of the many cans she had managed to save and handed it to Chime, Here, you're probably hungry. You can eat while we walk, wherever we are going... Then to herself, where are we going?
She decided they should probably move away from the direction the gun shots came from, so she headed of to what she assumed was the north. She had no reason to stay with this boy any longer, but to her a boy as young as he, appeared helpless. She felt the need to protect him.
Megan was quiet for a long while, but then she couldn't hold it in any longer, Why were you down there? You said you had been in a cell next to, that... that creature... Why?

((You're freeeee! lol))

Grammar: The difference between knowing your garbage and knowing you're garbage. ;P
Scholar
#106 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 4:53 PM
Nixxy blinked and listened carefully. "Yeah, I can hear them.... there's more than one... that way, I think. It's hard to tell," Nixxy said, looking around confusedly. "The voices echo, and I can't judge the distance." Nixxy shook her head, trying to clear it. There was a weird buzzing in her ear, and she wondered if it was her head wound.

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#107 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 3:12 AM
Lacy turned around and looked at Nixxy. "Shall we go that direction then and just go searching? We need to find these people as soon as possible."

-Anne Frank

"If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
-Sherlock Holmes
Test Subject
#108 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 6:11 AM
((Well, I sat down to make a Sim of Chime, but I came across a problem. Children look too young and teens look too old. Chime looks about in-between the available 'ages' for the Sims, so you'll have to use your imagination to a certain degree. I also did some photo-editing because I went vanilla for the new update to make sure no CC made things get too screwy (I'll put it all back eventually - darn patches). I made both teen and child versions, imagine him some place in the middle))

Sullen and silent, Chime follows Megan out into the world, instantly squinting and scrunching up his face as a reaction to the sunlight. As a dry, hot gust of air swirls about him, he shields his eyes from the invading sediments carried by the wind. he blinks his eyes furiously as they begin to water and blur. He almost doesn't notice a can being held out to him until the voice, once again, rattles through his mind. His thoughts are brought to a halt so abrupt that he completely forgot what he was thinking about. He glances down at the can, wincing as the sun reflects off the lid. He takes it, muttering something that almost sounds like a 'thanks' and pulls at the tab before pushing it in to break the seal, and ends up breaking it off, leaving him with an unopened can, and no way to rectify this. He stars at the pin in one hand, the can in the other, and then his thoughts again are monopolized by the other girl.

"I was down there for research, same as everyone else," responds Chime in a very matter of fact tone, punctuating his statement with a small shrug of his bony shoulders. Chime shifts his weight, cautiously glancing at the horizon and then quickly looking down again, searching for a rock or something to bash the can open with as he shuffles behind Megan, burrowing his feet as deep into the sand as possible and dragging them, as if searching for a layer that hadn't been penetrated by the sun's heat, leaving interesting tracks in his wake.
Screenshots

A canner exceedingly canny, one morning remarked to his granny, "a canner can can anything that he can but a canner can't can a can, can he?"
Test Subject
#109 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 8:33 PM Last edited by dreamsgirl88 : 5th Mar 2012 at 5:00 PM.
I see... she had thought about the possibility that other people were being tested on as well. The feeling made her angry, especially since the test were being done on someone so young. Megan heard the soft plink of the tab breaking off the can, Here. she bent down and picked up a deep red stone, Use this. she handed Chime the stone, but her thoughts were very far away from the can of food that he was now trying to open. She was thinking about how many other children could have been tortured in the name of science. It was really quite cruel. She herself had been tested on ever since she was born, or at least as long as she can remember. She had never seen the sun nor had she seen a large body water, looking around now she had a feeling she wouldn't be seeing a large body of water in the near future.
That cursed lab had ruined her life, and her dreams.

((Edit: oops I for to make it look like she is talking in her mind >.<))

Scholar
#110 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 9:18 PM
(( tachygloss: tell me about it. I still have to go through all of the cc I have because of the latest patch. BTW, Chime is amazing :O his eyes are really expressive ))

"That seems like the best course of action," Nixxy said, listening carefully. She agreed with Lacey - these people needed to be found, and soon. Nixxy started to wander in the direction the voices had come in, hoping it was the right way. As an afterthought, she realized that running anywhere without a drawn weapon was sheer stupidity. She drew the knife Vivian had given her and held it out in front of herself, praying that she would find a gun soon. She didn't want to be caught "Bringing a knife to a gunfight."

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Test Subject
#111 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 12:18 AM
((Wait what happened to the CC? Sorry this is my first time using any CC so idk what's going on, and I haven't really played since the patch))

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#112 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 3:51 AM
Lacy got out her knife and held it out to Nixxy behind her. "If you want another knife I've got one here, that means you can throw one if it comes to it." She told Nixxy, "And it's not a gun fight, I mean Vivian first had a lead pipe in his hands when I met him. Or was that you?"
Then Lacy stopped suddenly as she could hear voices now. "This way," She hissed at Nixxy and darted left over rubble and ground.
She stopped at the entrance to four bunkers, the dead end to end all dead ends. "Who's there? Show yourself or I'll come and find you. If that happens I shoot first and ask questions later." She fired the gun into the air to emphasise her point. She needed to find these people now, nt go poking around in bunkers she didn't know, knowing that she could easily be ambushed if she enter any one the four bunkers in front of her. She needed these people now so she could either kill them or have them on her side so she didn't have the risk of a knife in the back from people she KNEW were sneaking around.
"Hurry up. I'm waiting, and I don't like to be kept waiting." She brought the gun down and held it firmly, training it slowly on each of the four bunkers, the sharp eyes of the owl and hawk on the lookout for any movement, and trusting that Nixxy would cover her back.

-Anne Frank

-Sherlock Holmes
Test Subject
#113 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 6:18 AM
((There seems to be some confusion about where everyone is, or at least, the lay-out of the research compound (I might have the setting wrong). Chime and Megan are outside where there is sand and sun, not inside any more. They aren't doing anything to conceal themselves either, at least, Chime isn't. Unless you figure they are on the other side of the entrances to the bunkers.))

A canner exceedingly canny, one morning remarked to his granny, "a canner can can anything that he can but a canner can't can a can, can he?"
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#114 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 6:05 AM
((Sorry. I'll say there beside one of the bunkers and I can't see them. I obviously didn't read it properly. ))

-Anne Frank

-Sherlock Holmes
Test Subject
#115 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 8:15 AM
((It's okay, there's a lot to take in, people running all over the place, and some posts can be vague. I just felt for the sake of continuity I might as well say something, and it's good to check in and make sure everyone is on the same page anyway. Communication is a lovely thing. Oh, and thanks Minimogut for the compliment on Chime. He took a lot of going back and fourth between all of his features, especially between his eyes and cheeks.))

Just as Chime was making a sizeable dent in the lid of the tin can, he heard someone shouting from around the corner of the compound, the view of which was obstructed by the interestingly asymmetrical architecture. Chime pauses, rock and can in hand, then glances over to Megan tentatively before looking towards the source of the voices. He wasn't sure if other people could hear Megan the way he did, or if she could speak, so he felt it upon himself to speak for the both of them.

"We're just lab rats. You seem hosti...." he falters for a moment, his eyebrows knitting together with an expression that almost looks like self reprimand. "...hot-tempered," he covers, raising the pitch of his voice just slightly. "You sound like a scary woman. I don't feel safe showing myself." Chime bit his lip hard, and then proceeded to chew on it lightly as he shifted his weight uncomfortably. He looked towards Megan to gage her reaction. There was no doubt that the youth was tense and understood the gravity of the situation.

Test Subject
#116 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 9:11 PM
Megan bit her lip when Chime started to shout. She quickly dug into her bag and pulled out the pistol. It made a very quiet clicking sound when she cocked it. You don't have a weapon, you should probably stand behind me. She said, thankfully only Chime could hear her. If she had wanted she could have made it so that everyone could, but she didn't feel comfortable doing that. Megan pointed her gun in the general direction of the voices, she held the gun awkwardly of course, seeing as she had never shot a gun let alone held one.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#117 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 9:10 AM
"Nixxy, can you tell where they are?" Lacy hissed at Nixxy, "I can't see movement and the way it echoed, I wasn't really listening either. Can you figure it out? Even an area would be good."
And to the people she called out, "You don't feel safe showing yourself? Well how do you think I feel standing here with no clue where you are? You don't feel safe? Then I must be mad to stand in the open with no clue as to where you are. At least tell me where you are? I'm peaceful until you prove yourselves otherwise. I'm just protecting myself. So either come out or tell me where you are."
Lacy still couldn't see the people as she trained the gun around, listening hard, but mostly watching for any sign of movement that her mutated eyes could pick up.

-Anne Frank

-Sherlock Holmes
Scholar
#118 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 8:15 PM
"Yes. Can you see that strange looking structure over there? That's where they are," Nixxy whispered, holding both knives defensively. "I would be careful, though. I heard a gun being cocked. Well, besides yours. One of them is armed, and it's not the younger one."
Nixxy crouched down, closer to the ground. The smaller she looked, the less dangerous she appeared, and until she found a secondary weapon - even a rock - Nixxy wasn't ready to get into any long range fights.

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Test Subject
#119 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 9:46 PM
Apprehension became even more intense in Chime's face as the girl he was with pulled out a gun. He made a small noise from his throat, as if about to speak, but then stopped himself before even a single syllable could get out. His brown eyes began darting side to side and his hands began to tense and relax as they became even more clammy, and not just from the heat.

With a 'chumf' the rock and can hit the patch of sand Chime is standing on. Slowly raising his arms, he looks over at Megan to catch her eye and shake his head, his gaze travelling meaningfully to the gun.

"You're the one who made threats first," Chime calls out. Perhaps it was a subtle one, but Chime heard it. If she had to come find them.... Chime closes his eyes for a moment, trying hard to think. He then glances at Megan again, and steps out from behind her, edging closer to the corner of the structure that separated them from the others. "I am called Chime. What is your name?"

It was bad enough being exposed to the sun, but standing closer to the structure which had been absorbing the sun's warmth all day seemed to capture the wasteland heat, multiply it, and then send it back out into the world. The boy is sweating profusely and swaying side to side somewhat as he stands, right at the corner, not yet revealing himself, but prepared to do so.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#120 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 5:48 AM
"My name will be revealed when you show yourselves." Lacy said, thinking that the boy made a good point about her making threats first, however nobody could be trusted.
Lacy slung the gun over her shoulder and slowly went towards the structure Nixxy had directed her at. She slowly climbed up, making as little noise as possible however a few rocks were disloged. But they rolled towards the direction of the opening between two of the bunkers and so Lacy hoped they thought she was heading their way.
Lacy climbed across the roof in silence, behind the lip of the roof and so concealing her shadow. She quickly found the two people, one was barely a boy, the other was a female pointing her gun at the gap between bunkers. Lacy unhooks the gun rom her shoulder and stands up on the roof. The sun was behind her so anybody turning to look at her should only see a sillouette at best, and blinded if they weren't careful. "I'd say show yourselves, but since you are already out in the open it's a bit redundant."

-Anne Frank

-Sherlock Holmes
Test Subject
#121 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 4:51 PM
Well, it seems you can see us, but we can't see you. I don't think that is very polite. Megan said, her voice would echo through their minds, ALL their minds. She dropped her arm to her side, so she was no longer pointing the gun at them, then stepped in front of Chime. Megan's spine tingled, it was a stupid move to put her back to someone she didn't know, but she didn't want him getting hurt, he was so young. We aren't violent. We want no trouble. Again Megan's voice travel through their minds, Please, put your weapon down. She couldn't see her, to know that she even had a weapon, but she just assumed.

Test Subject
#122 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 6:01 AM
((Hello. I'm working on an entry post, and have a quick question... dreamsgirl88, the part where Megan's "voice" reached "ALL their minds" would that also include someone still trapped in a bunker? I'm figuring that my character is near enough to hear shouting through a hole in the wall, but too far to understand what was being said? Thanks. ))

I’m not weird…
I’m slightly unusual by societal standards.
Test Subject
#123 Old 14th Mar 2012 at 9:52 PM
((Yeah, she opened her mind to everyone... So your character can hear it too))

Scholar
#124 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 6:37 PM
Nixxy watched Lacey climb the structure carefully. Deciding it would be best not to remain where someone had a gun trained on her, she moved around the opposite way, keeping her stance open and nonthreatening, but defensive. She slipped into the midday shadows quickly and silently, just like when she wanted to escape the "happy pills" the scientists used to give her. A woman with a gun and a boy about twelve years old. A quick step to the left and she would be in direct sunlight - she would also be a target. Nixxy decided to sit in the shadows until a truce was established. If a truce was ever reached.

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Test Subject
#125 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 10:38 PM
Chime had been waiting at the side of the structure, only to hear the woman's voice come from a different direction. By this point he was beginning to breathe inconsistently as her brought up his shoulder to try and wipe away the sweat from his face on his upper arm sleeves. He glances around for the source of the voice, finally seeing a vague silhouette against the sun. The sun. Chime instantly closed his eyes and shielded them with his veiny hands. Purple and green splotches obscured his sight, even when his eyes were closed. Chime shook his head slightly, as though it would fix his sight, but it was an ineffective move. Finally he lifted his chin, speaking slowly and clearly to be heard, but taking awkward breaks between words.

"As... as you can see we were not... we were not hiding ourselves. We..." he pauses, glancing over at Megan and her gun as best he can, then lifts his chin again, continuing to shade his eyes with his hand. "...trust us or don't. We, like you... just want... to survive..." After saying this Chime lets out a long shuddering sigh and grabs at the bottom of his shirt, bringing it up to wipe away more sweat from his face. His exposed belly and bottom part of his chest show defined ribs giving him a starved look, and yet he also has a distended belly, bulging and sagging a little around his waist line.

Page 5 of 6