Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 10:07 PM
Sarah Palin = Phoney?
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.a...7-26397,00.html
(Google for other similar articles.)

Haha, I cannot wait for this woman's fifteen minutes to be over with. Let's see how her presidential race goes.

My favorite part is underlined:

Quote:
SHE can't fish, she can't shoot and she doesn't cook her own kill, if she cooks at all.

The latest claims by the father of Sarah Palin's grandson puncture a hole in the reputation of the former Alaska governor as an outdoorswoman who knows how to shoot and field-dress a moose.

But Levi Johnston's most damaging allegations attack the credibility of the woman who promoted conservative family values when she ran as Republican vice-presidential candidate last year.

Mr Johnston, the 19-year-old who almost married Mrs Palin's daughter Bristol, disputes the idea of Mrs Palin as a loving mother and devoted wife.

In the latest issue of Vanity Fair, he claims Mrs Palin frequently argued with her husband, Todd, about divorcing and says the couple slept apart.

He claims Mrs Palin tried to keep secret her 17-year-old daughter's pregnancy, and repeatedly pressured him and Bristol to let her adopt their out-of-wedlock baby.

"She was nagging - she wouldn't give up," says Mr Johnston. "She would say, 'So, are you going to let me adopt him?'. We both kept telling her we were definitely not going to let her adopt the baby."

Mr Johnston alleges that after the birth of her grandson, Tripp, Mrs Palin seemed to dote on him more than her own infant, Trig, who was born with Down syndrome. Playing around, she would say, "No, I don't want the retarded baby - I want the other one," and pick up Tripp.

Not much parenting happened in the Palin household, according to Mr Johnston, even before Mrs Palin was nominated for the vice-presidency.

Her children did all the cooking, cleaning and laundry. She was not even the real "hockey mom" she portrayed, attending just 15 per cent of her son's games.

Throughout the years he spent with the family, Mr Johnston claims Mrs Palin never arrived home from the office later than 5pm and was sometimes home as early as noon. She would disappear into her bedroom, sometimes taking an hour-long bath, or sit on the living room couch in her pyjamas and watch TV.

"She always wanted things and she wanted other people to get them for her," he said.

He never saw her read a newspaper, and only occasionally a book. Nor was the former governor the outdoorswoman she seemed.

"I've never seen her touch a fishing pole," says Mr Johnston. "She had a gun in her bedroom and one day she asked me to show her how to shoot it. I asked her what kind of gun it was, and she said she didn't know."

Mr Johnston was paid for the Vanity Fair article, called "Me and Mrs Palin", written in the first person with one of the magazine's editors. He claims the Palins have restricted his access to his son since his break-up with their daughter.

In July, Vanity Fair published another brutal article about Mrs Palin in which unnamed members of John McCain's former campaign team claimed she was nowhere near ready for the job as his running mate.

She quit as governor days later, fuelling speculation she wanted to campaign for the presidency in 2012 or use her new fame to make money.

Mrs Palin, who has declined to comment on Mr Johnston's new claims, is listed to appear this month in her first paid speaking engagement, addressing an investors' forum in Hong Kong.

Previous speakers include former US president Bill Clinton, his vice-president, Al Gore, and former Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 10:47 PM
[QUOTE=1ove]Haha, I cannot wait for this man's fifteen minutes to be over with.QUOTE]

FIXED!

The problem is that you are trusting an untrustworthy source, seeking his own 15 minutes of fame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama on ABC's This Week, discussing Obamacare
What it's saying is, is that we're not going to have other people carrying your burdens for you anymore
umm...Isn't having other people carry your medical burden exactly what national health care is?
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by davious
[QUOTE=1ove]Haha, I cannot wait for this man's fifteen minutes to be over with.QUOTE]

FIXED!

The problem is that you are trusting an untrustworthy source, seeking his own 15 minutes of fame.

Wait, are you saying that the Australian newspaper sucks? Or that Levi Johnston himself is unreliable?
Theorist
#4 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 10:58 PM
Levi Johnston, sorry I should have been more clear.

Quote:
What it's saying is, is that we're not going to have other people carrying your burdens for you anymore
umm...Isn't having other people carry your medical burden exactly what national health care is?
Field Researcher
#5 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 10:58 PM
I think Sarah Palin is pretty loathsome but Levi Johnston isn't someone I'd like to meet up with at a party, either
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 11:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by clockworkapple
I think Sarah Palin is pretty loathsome but Levi Johnston isn't someone I'd like to meet up with at a party, either

It's just crazy. First, they brought him to the Republican convention with McCain and Palin. Then they made him look bad. Now he's trying to turn around and make the Palins look bad? He's already told newspaper organizations that he "doesn't hang around with that family anymore" and now he's attempting a modeling, acting, and/or book deal in Hollywood.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 4:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HaphazardSim
He is whoreing himself out to anyone and everyone who will deal with him...basically using his "new found fame" to try to break into Hollywood, kind of like Kevin Federaline (I think that's how it's spelt) and Britney Spears...and that wierd dude who was crying for Britney to be left alone.

Both are still clinging to the tails of D-list fame and K-Fed will drop random "insights" on Britney whenever he has a chance and the other dude is still attending Hollywood events months...or was it years after the video that made him semi-famous was posted.

His name is Kevin Federline, but who cares, the media calls him FedEx now (seriously).

The "weird dude who was crying for Britney [Spears] to be left alone" is Chris Crocker.

Yeah, he doesn't seem to be doing it right. I think he should at least submit some writing or singing samples. He's trying to mooch off a bodyguard and mediocre poor woman's version of Oprah? Yuck!
Alchemist
#8 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 5:53 AM
...who names their kid trig? or tripp for that matter. o_O; *has suspicions.*

also, i had no idea the crying dude was actually a dude. *flees*

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Scholar
#9 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 6:03 AM
It's outdated, but makes LOL every time I see it.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 6:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SuicidiaParasidia

I remember reading on Google, "First Tripp and now Trig. Tripp on your Trig, huh? What's up with Bristol and her two sons?"

At first, many people thought both boys must of been Bristol's and she had a surprise second pregnancy immediately afterwards; however, it turned out to be purely false and it was another ghettoized case in which the aunt or uncle is only five or six months older than their niece or nephew. (I have a couple in my family; my three oldest cousins are my father's age and parents to children my age themselves, haha.) I'm not surprised that Palin tried to hamper it by offering to take the new boy in.

All of the children have rare names, but ugly (well, maybe Willow Palin is okay).

It is a male. He just has long hair and a lot of makeup (or he did, I don't know how he looks like now.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 11:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SuicidiaParasidia

I don't know about Trip, but my exboyfriend's name was Trig, short for Trygve. (pronounced "trig-vee")

It's Norse and means "brave" or "victory."

Cait

"If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is ‘God is crying’. And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is ‘Probably because of something you did’."
- Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 12:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by girlgeek19
I don't know about Trip, but my exboyfriend's name was Trig, short for Trygve. (pronounced "trig-vee")

It's Norse and means "brave" or "victory."

That was the name meaning Palin put forth when she popped him in April 2008, except that she also added it had a connotation of "strength".

Personally, I think it's a rare name... Google it and you can't find much except a dude or two from 1800s (the baby was supposedly named after Todd's great-uncle) or Palins.
Scholar
#13 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 12:06 PM
Tripp, Trig...she's the one that retarded...yeah I said it.

Oh....wait, don't want to upset people.

She's.....'special".

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 12:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sisaly
Tripp, Trig...she's the one that retarded...yeah I said it.

Oh....wait, don't want to upset people.

She's.....'special".

When it came out, Todd Palin quickly blurted out, "Well, we shouldn't be asking, 'Why us?' We should be asking, 'Why not us?'"

His wife said, "Every child deserves a chance. We knew from the beginning [he was diagnosed prenatally, contrary to popular belief, it happened when Palin was only four months along] that he would have special needs. It did surprise me; my other four children were healthy." (To which my sister sneered, "You wish it were that easy. It may be ideal, but it's not the reality for many.") She even managed to worm it in as an excuse for the good ol' abort fort: "I know how you feel! I wanted to kill mine, too!"

And then she's all, whatever, I want Tripp now. As a matter of fact, she herself admitted she was crushed and did not tell anybody else — including her own children — except Todd. "We're having a special needs boy." She hid it so well, I knew nothing of her (or the pregnancy, now that we're talking) until she popped about a year and a half ago.

Just three weeks after Trig came out, Bristol and Levi sat on the couch. "Mom? Dad? We're expecting."

Woman, you were like, part of the "35 and up moms" when you had him. You had Piper and should of stopped there.
Theorist
#15 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 1:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 1ove
Woman, you were like, part of the "35 and up moms" when you had him. You had Piper and should of stopped there.

Excuse me? So she isn't allowed to have children past a certain age? Who are you to tell someone else they aren't allowed to have any more kids because they are too old?

Regarding the joke image...its actually quite telling...
Obama=bullet train. Costs ridiculous amounts of money to implement...sounds about right, Obama is costing ridiculous amounts of money to implement his programs.

Biden=Amtrak. Considering Amtrak is broke, and on the verge of bankruptcy, and is owned by the Federal government, I am taking that as symbolism of the Democratic plan for America.

John McCain=the old west train. Ok, McCain is old. Tell us something we didn't know.

Sarah Palin=toy train. So, essentially, she is the best choice for kids? Okay, I can live with that.

Quote:
Scholar
Original Poster
#16 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 7:25 PM Last edited by 1ove : 4th Sep 2009 at 8:09 PM.
Excuse me? So she isn't allowed to have children past a certain age? Who are you to tell someone else they aren't allowed to have any more kids because they are too old?

Doctors have, actually. Many OB/GYNs discourage it, too. I thought it was a well-known fact that the older you are when you have kids, the higher your chances are of it coming out with mental or physical handicaps. And I ain't telling her, she made the choice already.
Theorist
#17 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 7:59 PM
So what? If they choose to take that risk, it is their choice to make, plain and simple.

Quote:
Scholar
Original Poster
#18 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 8:10 PM
So what? If they choose to take that risk, it is their choice to make, plain and simple.

Off topic, but I've always wondered... what is the helmet in your avatar?
Instructor
#19 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 8:13 PM

FIXED!

Sarah Palin is not a man (least I don't think so?!?). Lol

All TS2 Downloads Link
All TS3 Downloads: Link
All Other downloads: Link
Skyrim SKSE 1.6.x gamepad key support: Link
Field Researcher
#21 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 8:18 PM
Yeah...being over 35 increases the risks of complications during pregnancy...but so does having Rh- blood, being diabetic, being fat, being too thin, having a weakened immune system, etc.

It doesn't make her a bad mother. If she wanted to have another kid, that was her choice.

@ Cyberian_Trooper

Agreed, actually. A lot of the criticism she faced was about stupid things like her cooking and the clothes she wore when there were way more pertinent things to criticize. (Like her policies...or lack thereof.)

Cait

"If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is ‘God is crying’. And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is ‘Probably because of something you did’."
Scholar
Original Poster
#22 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 8:21 PM
Yeah...being over 35 increases the risks of complications during pregnancy...but so does having Rh- blood, being diabetic, being fat, being too thin, having a weakened immune system, etc.

It doesn't make her a bad mother. If she wanted to have another kid, that was her choice.

Yeah, but that wasn't the point of the post. Anyway, I did mention it for quite some time, so I guess we can talk about that.

She wanted one and then wanted her grandson more than her actual own baby boy? Sad.

A lot of the criticism she faced was about stupid things like her cooking and the clothes she wore when there were way more pertinent things to criticize. (Like her policies...or lack thereof.)

Levi is using the examples to illustrate that she's irresponsible or a bad parent, it seems like.

He has stated that he "would not vote for her in 2012; I thought I would, but now I don't trust her anymore". He's probably ashamed of having been to their house, romping with Bristol, and so on so forth.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 1ove
Yeah, but that wasn't the point of the post. Anyway, I did mention it, so I guess we can talk about that.

She wanted one and then wanted her grandson more than her actual own baby boy? Sad.

Are you honestly going to tell me that you take what Levi says seriously? I wouldn't exactly call him a creditable source.

Cait

Theorist
#25 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 8:25 PM Last edited by davious : 4th Sep 2009 at 8:36 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Digitalchaos
[QUOTE=davious]

Sarah Palin is not a man (least I don't think so?!?). Lol

It was a reference to Levi Johnston.

1ove, it is my beloved Michigan Wolverines, the NCAA's all time winningest football program (both # of wins and winning %, screw you, Notre Dame!)

Quote:
Page 1 of 4