Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The "CEP" - Color Enable Package v. 9.2.0 - 15 MAY 2009

by Numenor Posted 27th Sep 2005 at 2:46 AM - Updated 27th Apr 2020 at 1:30 PM by HugeLunatic : adding supercollection instructions

1048 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 755 Feedback Posts, 292 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 42
Instructor
#26 Old 24th Sep 2008 at 1:57 PM
wow thanks i'll download this one till 9.1 is out

tho just windering is the new food stand on your list items to be made recolorable?

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Inventor
#27 Old 24th Sep 2008 at 3:35 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you. Now maybe I'll have properly working phones and stuff!

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 24th Sep 2008 at 4:09 PM Last edited by Numenor : 24th Sep 2008 at 9:02 PM.
Havelock - Thanks for the fix; I worked on this yesterday night but I couldn't manage to finish it (among the various possibilities, I even though of creating a brand new object as repository: a small connection for the outer corners...). Maybe I can at least find a solution to make the placement of the diagonal pieces easier.

XTS - Keeping the thread clean without changing the URL it's my job In any case, the alias "http://cep.modthesims2.com" should always work, even if I'd have to change the actual URL (which will never happen, anyway).

Rhondacathey - The new installation automatically uninstall the previous versions.

Knighguy - Almost all the AL objects are still missing, and are on my to-do list. At the moment (I'm at work) I don't remember if the food stands can support recolours or not (I'm positive anyway: they shouldn' be different from the BV ones).
EDIT: yes, the food stand will be fully recolourable

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Inventor
#29 Old 24th Sep 2008 at 11:25 PM
Well, I think you do great at your job! Though, I see the icon set could use an update on my bed's page. It says something like version 3. lol

Take care and thank you again! You still rock!

Xts

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Forum Resident
#30 Old 24th Sep 2008 at 11:28 PM
*raises hand* Question! With the latest version of CEP, are ice rinks and roller rinks now recolorable? I seem to reall reading a thread a few months ago where you mentioned that.
Test Subject
#31 Old 24th Sep 2008 at 11:59 PM
Thanks so much Numenor!!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#32 Old 25th Sep 2008 at 2:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Starfish of Terror
*raises hand* Question! With the latest version of CEP, are ice rinks and roller rinks now recolorable? I seem to reall reading a thread a few months ago where you mentioned that.

All the 4 rinks (ice and roller, small and large) have been made recolourable when Seasons came out (CEP6, if I remember well). I hope that they still are recolorable Try recolouring them, and if there are problems, let me know.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#33 Old 25th Sep 2008 at 3:57 AM
THANK yOu Numenor
Theorist
#34 Old 25th Sep 2008 at 6:20 PM
YAY! Thanks for this Numenor! Hurrah! I works for me too!

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Forum Resident
#35 Old 25th Sep 2008 at 7:04 PM
Hmm, it seems that I'm only able to recolor the railings of the ice/roller rinks. I wanted to see if I could make up some scuffed up surfaces.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 11:06 AM
Thank you for update and great job
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#37 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 11:19 AM Last edited by Numenor : 28th Sep 2008 at 9:31 AM.
Starfish of Terror - Then, your first question was lacking an important element You already knew that the rinks were recolourable, though not fully.

Currently, the base of the rinks are not recolourable: since the game provided two separate "floors" (ice and wood), I thought there was no need to make them recolourable. I'll try making them recolourable in the next CEP update, but I have to check what happens to the recoloured surfaces when the sims skate on them: I remember that they leave a sort of trace on the floor, while moving...

Test Subject
#38 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 12:27 PM
Thank you so much, Numenor! CEP is great and I can't thank you enough for all the effort you put into this.
I'm wondering if it's just with me, but my Very Mysterious Shelving disappeared after I installed this latest version of CEP. It was back again after I uninstalled it
Anyone else with this problem?
Test Subject
#39 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 7:05 PM
Thank you, Numenor. Fantastic job, as always. :D
Forum Resident
#40 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 6:20 PM
Whoops, sorry for not being more specific. I only asked because I remembered you saying in this thread that you were going to make the floors of the rinks recolorable with the latest CEP update.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 4:26 AM
Thanks for the update Numenor! I'm wondering if when you do the next update if you could make a second recolorable subset for the FT cribs/changing table (make the wood one subset & the fabric another?) and do the same thing for the couch that came with IKEA with the little heart on it. It makes no sense that the couch with the pillow on it lets you recolor the couch & the pillow, but the heart one doesn't. If you've got too much on your plate, don't worry about it, I just thought it'd be cool. I'd do it myself, but am clueless in this area. Thanks again for all your hard work!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#42 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 9:47 AM
Starfish of Terror - lol! Again, I forgot what I've written in my posts This summer has been crazy for me... -
However, I confirm my promise: if it's technically possible, I will make the floors recolourable

Ang41187 - I'm sorry, but Maxis created the mesh in one piece; in order to make the two parts recolourable separately, I should modify the mesh (which I always avoid, unless strictly needed).

Test Subject
#43 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 11:48 AM
Thank you
Field Researcher
#44 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 3:11 PM Last edited by Lord Darcy : 13th Oct 2008 at 11:23 PM.
Default Club Counter and Island
Thanks for including the Club Commercial Counter fix in CEP-Extra.

I realized that the Club Kitchen Counters and Club Island suffer from similar problem - this time, the front trim of countertop.

You cannot freely mix and match without losing the seamless look like the left one.
Can it be fixed in a similar way as commercial counter by CEP-Extra?
Screenshots

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Field Researcher
#45 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 7:37 PM
I hope this isnt a repetitive question, but quick skimming didnt find anything here -

Is the Simply Round double height column disappeared due to AL or this newer version of CEP? Hoping it can be brought back!!!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#46 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 9:12 PM Last edited by simsample : 2nd Oct 2008 at 11:44 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by sunni9676
Is the Simply Round double height column disappeared due to AL or this newer version of CEP? Hoping it can be brought back!!!

If you mean the OFB column, then that is part of the CEP Extra files. The column disappeared with later EPs and the CEP extra should reenable it. Check that you have the CEP Extra options installed.

Numenor, I have found a little glitch to do with the _EnableColorOptionsGMND.package file. If this file is present in my Downloads folder then the Apartment Life stone building deco items take on a strange colouration. This was tested with no other custom content whatsoever; it makes no difference if the CEP extras are installed.

*SNIP*
This affects all of the 'Triumvirate' decor.
Field Researcher
#47 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 11:49 PM Last edited by Lord Darcy : 29th Sep 2008 at 12:01 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Numenor, I have found a little glitch to do with the _EnableColorOptionsGMND.package file. If this file is present in my Downloads folder then the Apartment Life stone building deco items take on a strange colouration. This was tested with no other custom content whatsoever; it makes no difference if the CEP extras are installed.

This affects all of the 'Triumvirate' decor.
Yep, this is the same issue that Havelock reported.

@Havelock: Thanks for unlocking the Diagonal Cornice. I see that the diagonal piece has been properly textured.
One question: Is "Diagonal Molded Belt" hidden somewhere? I'd love to have a matching piece for bottom molding.

How stupid of EAxis to omit Diagonal pieces. If a room has even one diagonal wall, the whole set becomes effectively useless. I'd rather not use molding altogether than leave one spot uncovered. They really should have taken a page from this set.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 29th Sep 2008 at 6:35 AM Last edited by Havelock : 29th Sep 2008 at 8:00 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lord Darcy
One question: Is "Diagonal Molded Belt" hidden somewhere?
How stupid of EAxis to omit Diagonal pieces. If a room has even one diagonal wall, the whole set becomes effectively useless.

Its on the way i have to do some testing if it works correct.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 29th Sep 2008 at 9:03 AM
Your work on this is greatly appreciated! THANK YOU!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#50 Old 29th Sep 2008 at 9:31 AM
Lord Darcy - (About the Club counters trim): yes, I will update the Extra to include this fix. I wonder how no one complained about that glitch so far: those trims with a different colour are horrible!

SimSample - That's my fault; the bugfix is ready: I'm only finishing to activate the automatic straight/diagonal selection, and waiting for the last diagonal from Havelock.

Havelock - If you are already extracting that diagonal, there's no need to duplicate our work: I'll wait for you to post here the package, and I'll include it in the Extra. Thanks for the continuous help

Page 2 of 42